“Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Texas
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This hotel is in bad need of remodeling. The lobby and halls were not air-conditioned or it was not functioning properly. The AC in the room was set at 54 when I arrived, but it was not until after midnight that the room began to get comfortably cool. The carpet everywhere I saw needed replaced. It appeared dirty with bits of trash here and there and it had large wrinkles in it that were easy to trip over. Where there was floor tile, it was badly stained in places. The room needed an update badly. There was a 2 inch gap at the bottom of the room door. So you could hear all hall noises very well. The bathroom fixtures were stained as was the bath tile. Only one lamp was plugged in in my room. The other two were unplugged and it would take moving furniture to find an outlet empty. I had to charge my phone and computer from the bathroom outlet. The noise level on a pool side room is very high. The partying did not stop until after 11 p.m.
Overall, in its current condition I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointments with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Harold Daniels
318.747.2400
rodewayinnbossier@live.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
shreveport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

They have nice room their and a great ballroom very pretty .I enjoyed it and if you are looking for some were to have ,a party wedding ect. in the bossier area that is your best out.I loved the rooms the people it is nice and quite.it have a nice pool and bar b q area and pool chairs.It has a bar area in it from 5 to 12p.m.a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear John J.,
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. We are so glad that you stay with us and we are delighted that you took the opportunity to let us know of how a great time you had at are hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Thanks, Harold Daniels, GM
Rodeway Inn & Suites
new orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had to evacuate to Bossier City due to Hurricane Isacc.Mr.Harold (The hotel Manager) and all the staff were very kind and compassionate.I was welcomed and treated as if I were family from the moment I walked through the doors.I was so impressed with the servcie I received,that I left them a gift and a card thanking them for their service and promtness in addressing any needs or concerns I expressed.The rooms were affordable,and the service was impecable!I will never forget the staff at this hotel.Latonya,Brittine,Ropunda,Mitch,Ronnie and Mr.Harold are the best in the hotel business!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
September 4, 2012
Dear Aisha B:

Harold Daniels, GM
318.747.2400
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

There are fleas in the rooms, and the rooms are dirty. Since there is a 200 minimum I will expound. I was told to go to my third suite after a few days because one the air did not work and the refrigerator did not either and the fleas in the hallways were horrible. I get to the suite and there is a couple having sex in the room that they assigned me. Should I go on ?

Room Tip: One without fleas. One where the cabinets are not falling apart.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Harold Daniels, GM
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I arrived at 11 pm & to be perfectly honest I was scared. Clientel that night were stumbling drunk, loud booming music coming from the sports bar or country bar on site. Check in , easy & quick enough. Parking used up by the partiers at the bars on site. Our room was upstairs. With gaps around the door frame. The latch safety lock was moved couple of times from the looks of the holes in the door and was useless. It did not catch the door from opening. Our safe was lockedoom was aged as well rust, old caulking, black spots where the mirrors were old. The carpet in the halls and roomwere buckled. BIg stain on carpet in room. A/C was rusted.you get the picture. OLD. Lrg room with table and chairs (2). Another chair disgustingly stained and when we peeled back the bedspread it was filthly on the inside. I really wanted to leave. The next morning we asked for extra towels to cover the chair, told them about the smell in the room and they cleaned our carpet, changes the linens, and the room was much better. Loud music past 2am. Nice pool area and man in charge of breakfast went out of his way to please us. Slim pickings but enough. If things could be upgraded this would be a great place. Appliances, furninture needs replaced. We stayed three nights, staff was very nice not sure I'd stay again with the conditions. Seemed like some folks lived there. Close to AFB, shops and eateries.

Room Tip: Not sure if any room are updated but Id ask for one away from the nightclub areas. There are many ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went. I regret that you had a problem with your stay. I will address the problems with the staff to make things better. We are here to please our guests and we do bent over backwards to make sure your stay was a great one. If you need to talk to me the GM, please call me at 318.747.2400 or email me at rodewayinnbossier@live.com c/o Harold Daniels, GM Rodeway Hotel & Suites…..
Thanks, Harold Daniels, GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was greeted by a friendly, efficient staff, and the check-in area was adorned by a truly beautiful red white and blue American flag wreath created by the Inn's Asst. Mgr. Ronald Lowery, a truly talented guy! Apparently he creates decorations for all seasons. I was fortunate to meet Mr. Lowery and he, too, was gracious and hospitable. While the Inn is a bit dated, and could use a little spiffing up, my room was spacious, clean, and a great value. The breakfast was good, and that staff too was nice and provided good service. So, if you, like me, have to watch your pennies ~ especially when traveling ~ stay here! And while you're there, be sure to check out Mr. Lowery's beautiful creations!

• Stayed July 2012
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear Grandmanls:

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the time this must take out of your busy day and we are grateful. Yes Ronnie is a great AGM at the Hotel and we are glad he was able to make your day. I sold gald your check-in was great and you love our breakfast. Guest like you is what makes our job so great. We will let the staff know how you enjoy your stay with us. Thank you so much for staying with us and we are delighted that you took the opportunity to use for feedback. Please feel free to email or call the hotel if you need our services.

Thanks, Harold Daniels, GM Rodeway Hotel & Suites
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at Rodeway inn a couple of times and their rooms are always nice and clean and they have an excellent staff but this time I was looking for a location to have my wedding reception and we were on a tight budget but we wanted somewhere nice and we found it at Rodeway Inn there ballroom is absolutely beautiful . The sales manager and staff has worked with me to make my experience one I will never forget.

KNation-Clarke

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Hi Knationclarke:

Thank you for your review and the positive comments you provided. I will share the review with the team and give them a special thanks as they are doing a wonderful job! We believe in, above all, providing superior service, and should you need anything in the future, please feel free to contact me directly via e-mail or phone. We are so glad we have made you stay a great stay and your event was a great one.

Sign

The Rodeway Team.
rodewayinnbossier@live.com

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City? Share your experiences!