“Would not stay here again...” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
“Would not stay here again...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I read many reviews for cheap hotels in this area and I chose rodeway because I didn't read anything about bed bugs. My room was ready 2 hrs before checkin which was nice, but the whole hotel has a smoke mixed with chemical smell to it. Our room was what you would expect for the price, so unless you are high maintenance it'll be alright.
The door to outside was never locked, we could always come in without our key. I had to unplug the lamp to charge my phone since there were no plugs. The carpet was sticky. The windows were strange, they took up half the wall from top to bottom and we were right next to the parking lot so unless we wanted people watching us, we had to keep it closed.
In the morning we went down to a breakfast with only cereal, biscuits and waffles. I was a little disappointed. The thing that made me decide to even write a review is because although checkout was at noon, the housekeeper kept bothering us between 10 and 11. She came in to get our trash and dirty towels, then just let herself into our room and asked if we wanted our room cleaned now. I told front desk and they just asked if we were wanting to checkout at 12. Um, yes..that is the checkout time right?
This hotel was not worth more than 40 bucks a night but unfortunately we stayed on a saturday when their rates are increased. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
May 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointments with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Harold Daniels
318.747.2400
rodewayinnbossier@live.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was not bad like the reviews said it was! We were very glad we stayed here, it was a great price for 2 nights and was quite peaceful. The staff was very friendly and would helpnif we needed it. Our room was very nice really wasn't bad at all.

Stayed March 2012
Harold D, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
HI Stormie G:

Phone: 318.747.2400
Fax: 318.747.6822
Bossier City, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I'm in this dump right now and I'd rather go sleep in my grave. We booked these rooms for 2 nights but upon entering, we called and canceled our second night. The first room they gave me had a pool side view, but the patio door bar was soo bent, it didn't even matter that it was there. Not only that, the metal part of the patio door where it looks like a lock was suppose to be, had a big round hole in it that i could stick my fingers through. With all the bugs flying around outside, if ya'll old trifling a.sses don't cover that mess up!

The second room wasn't any better, the bottom of the tub is chipped and patched together. Please don't get me started on the tiles in the tub area. I don't even want to take a shower.

With all honesty, DO NOT even waste your time coming by here! Don't listen to that bull these other people telling you!! They need to tear this place down and start from scratch, or just make a parking lot out of it. If you think it might not be that bad, trust me, IT IS!!

The gym equipment looks pretty good though. I'm going there to take my mind off the horrors of this room.

I JUST WANT TO STAND IN ONE SPOT UNTIL I CAN LEAVE!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Dear Guest:

Again thank for you for the response and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Bossier City, LA!

Management Rodeway Inn & Suties
Groves, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I just returned home after staying at the Rodeway in Bossier City for the last 3 weeks while working in Shreveport and I my experience was great. They were very understanding about me working the night shift and went the extra mile for me, such as putting a day sleeper sign on my door and making sure the cleaning crew knew to not do my room until after 4pm after i was awake, a courtesy I have found all too lacking at other hotels. The rooms were large, with both a microwave and a small fridge and very clean smelling. The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. The location is great with the Bossier Mall right across from the hotel, Wal-mart, and Books-a-Million etc. are just down Airline Dr. and K-mart just around the corner. If gambling is your thing the casinos are an easy drive from the hotel too. There are several restaurants within a 5 min. drive but the restaurant at the hotel is nice also with great food. What I liked most was the value I got for my money and convenient location and the least was the free continental breakfast not much choice there but what the hey it's free.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Rodeway Inn & Suites and Staff
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I am from the Shreveport Bossier area and have stayed at the Rodeway Inn several times. They have a friendly staff, great service, and very clean. They have a wonderful complimentary breakfast. My room was very nice and clean! They have an awesome sports bar, The End Zone, located in the hotel with a very friendly staff and was great entertainment. I would strongly recommend this hotel to my friends and family; actually I'd recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Harold D, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Bossier City, responded to this review, July 22, 2012

Thanks, Harold Daniels, GM
new orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Bossier City for the 2011 Bomber Bash (car show). The reception staff was friendly upon check in, halls smelled clean, not smoky at all. We got a non-smoking room and it smelled fine, no trace of smoke. Room had a mini fridge and microwave. They also have ICE machines in various parts of hotel. It is a little older hotel but they charge less than $100 per room per night, so if you want Sheraton updates and fancyness, pay the Sheraton Price. The beds were like sleeping on a waterbed, felt like was floating. Normally I don't like soft beds. Sheets were clean, carpets clean as well. Hallways can get a little loud but most average hotels are like this as well. Last year I let the bad reivews scare me off, this year I took a chance and stayed at this hotel and was glad I did. They also have a Country Bar (was playing Rock-a-billy/ blues music) although there is a $5.00 cover. Beer prices were fair/average, $3 domestics. They also have a pool and the exercise room. Exercise room was decent size and has cable weight machines, treadmills, exercise bikes and ellipticals as well as TV in the room. We also booked ONLINE and got the AAA discount, which was $8 dollars. If you book over phone, you won't get any type of discounts.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review and the positive comments you provided. I will share the review with the team and give them a special thanks as they are doing a wonderful job! We believe in, above all, providing superior service, and should you need anything in the future, please feel free to contact me directly via e-mail or phone. The next time you stay at our Hotel ask for the GM.

Thanks Very Much for the kind words,

Rodeway Inn & Suites with all the Staff
Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Once upon a time... This place was a great hotel, I'm sure. This Rodeway is a large, very large, property, with abundant common areas, including a bar, a video arcade, a swimming pool, etc., just like a resort... but old, very old. Is is quite hard to find something new or even at half use. Even corridors are oversized, our room was extra-large, or the parking lot was huge, the whole place is quite worn out and needs an urgent renovation. Uneven, stained and smelly carpet called my attention above the rest. No maintenance can help this place anymore.

And the music? Where did that music come from? It sounded as if the band was performing in our room! It was no neighbor, it came to be the sports bar in the ground floor. Finally, we were moved to a different room.

On the pro side, the staff, always trying to do their best to compensate the state of the place. Good for them! And thank you all for your time and efforts!

Room Tip: Should you decide to stay here and want to sleep before 2 am, ask for a room away from the bar and s...