“Enjoyed my lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 190 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos is an upscale, fast casual Cali-Mex restaurant & bar. We feature large, high quality portions that are free from MSG & LARD. We prepare our menu daily with the freshest, highest quality ingredients available. All orders are handcrafted- one at a time. Tortillas are made fresh with every order & our meats are lean, marinated, top quality grades. We serve grilled Yellow Fin Tuna in our fish tacos & burritos! Our Margaritas start with 100% fresh fruit puree, hand squeezed lime juice & fine tequila. In fact, we're the only place this side of Austin that offers an authentic Prickly Pear Margarita and a Grilled Tuna Taco! Don Juanz is livin la vida fresca!
Norman, OK
“Enjoyed my lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

For the uninitiated, Don Juanz is on the west side of Airline Drive, between Splash and Strawn's and almost across from Lowe's. I say that because it is hard to spot in the shopping center.
I normally shun places where one has to order at the counter, because I equate that with slow and surly service at fast food restaurants. Definitely not the case here. Service was fast and friendly. As soon as I ordered, I saw someone fixing my margarita and it and chips and salsa were delivered within a nanosecond of my sitting down. My shrimp tacos (I loved the full leaves of cilantro) were delivered in a timely manner. I was asked twice if I needed anything else. I went at lunch and the place was busy but quiet. I wish there were an option to rate the place 4.9. I'm marking it down only because of my aforementioned dislike of ordering at the counter. I definitely will return when I'm next in Bossier City at lunchtime.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Mindengal, thank you for the eloquently written testament to our food, service & establishment. By all standards, Don Juanz is an upscale, fast-casual restaurant & bar. You do have to order at counter, but as you witnessed, our goal is to provide excellent customer service & I'm ecstatic to here that my staff performed so well.

Because we use only the highest quality ingredients available & they cost more, we believe that by using our fast-casual model enables us to pass the savings on to our customer. If we were full-service with the same high quality ingredients- we'd be more expensive (labor costs are enormous these days).

A little known secret: If you choose to dine & drink @ the bar, the bartender will handle everything for you. We appreciate your business & are very pleased with your review.

“Wonderful service, beutyful atmosphere, tasty tacos!:-)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Service was very nice and very helpful! Everything was really fast! Big choice of tacos and burritos, salsa is very spicy!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words. We're here for our guests & providing anything short of "wonderful" is not what we do! It's good to know our guests actually do notice the atmosphere/ambiance. So happy to hear we made such a positive impact with you!
Benton, Louisiana, United States
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We Love this little place! A lot of people say expensive, but my husband and I eat out A LOT! We feel at this point you get what you pay for and it doesn't matter where you are from. We have been here for lunch and Dinner and get everything we ask for from a restaurant every visit. I have a sensitive system and the fresh food proves to be top of the line with no additives or oils. The green sauce and salsa are the best around along with the entire menu. Thank You For all the past meals and all the one's to come! When we can get away for a good tasty meal in a great environment,
this is where we go for a real treat!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you Renna! I think you hit the nail on the head. We don't profess to be the east expensive Cali-Mex restaurant in town, but we claim to be the freshest & the best around. Delivering a quality product often comes with a higher price. Rest assured, no corners cut here! Additionally, my wife, son & I dined @ a popular Tex-Mex joint in Shreveport last week & had 3 entrees, 1 appetizer & 3 cokes for a total cost of $61.00 with tax. I left a $12.00 tip for a total ticket price of $73.00!! Now, that's expensive, especially for what we got!

BTW, I like your last name. It was my father's first name. You hardly ever see it.
“Local favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

This is the best place to get Cali-Mex in bossier. The prices are a little high but the quality of the food is second to none. You get what you pay for. the owner, Don is always warm and welcoming. Very cool atmosphere inside.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. In return, you're now a "Local Favorite" of Don Juanz! We realize the reason we're here is to make customers appreciate what we do, because without you, we'd be nothing!
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Hidden gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Wish I would've tried this place when I first got to Bossier! Service was awesome, and food was very good. The fish tacos and the prickly pear margarita are a must! This is in my top five restaurants for Bossier.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
donz06, Owner at Don Juanz Baja Beach Tacos, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you Marsha & Nick! We're so used to getting "out-of-town business" that we often wonder how we're doing with local customers. Your review provided a local perspective that we're doing things right! Since you mentioned you like our Prickly Pear Margaritas, please remember that our frozen margaritas are doubled (two-4-one) during happy hour 7 days a week & also from 8-10pm on FRI & SAT nights.