“Great Tangy BBQ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dallas, Texas
“Great Tangy BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have been trying to figure out Joe's BBQ sauce for a long time because you cannot find a tangy sauce that I love. Most BBQ restaurant's sauce is sweet but not Joe's. His smoked chickens, hot links, sliced beef and my favorte, ham sandwichs are wonderful. I moved away from Bossier CIty in 1987 but whenever I get back there, I always go grab a sandwich or poboy. You absolutely cannot go wrong here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Haughton
“Bar B Que the way it should be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have been eating Cobb's bar b que since I was a teenager. Over 45 years. The food is great. The people are super and always have been. The beans and potato salad are perfect with any of the 'que that you eat.

Louisiana
“Long-time staple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

You can always count on a great meal at Joe Cobb's. Miss seeing Mr. Joe, but Miss Sue is still there everyday making sure everything is run right!! The ham po-boy is over the top. Great beans and potato salad. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Longview, Texas, United States
“A TASTE OF NOSTALGIA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Been eating at this establishment since the 70s and it never fails to satisfy your craving for Cobbs unique sauce and the sloppy joe....a favorite of mine since they were 5 for a dollar and after church my mom and my four brothers would converge on this establishment with tounges waggin....IT IS...IT HAS BEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE AN ALL TIME FAVORITE FOR Louisana BBQ

Visited November 2011
Shreveport/Bossier City, LA
“Averag BBQ, a m om & pop operation that is still hanging in there.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Average BBQ (don't get me wrong....it's not bad, it's just that there is much better in this market)...Beef sandwich was pretty good, had good flavor but not as much beef as I remembered from years past. Very runny/drippy cole slaw, beans did not do much for me. I remember eating hear years ago and it seems that it was better then. A local "hang-out" for years, but there is much better BBQ to be had here. I will probably eat there again, but it's not a place I'd really go out of my to make a special trip for.

• Visited October 2011