“Long-time staple” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Louisiana
“Long-time staple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

You can always count on a great meal at Joe Cobb's. Miss seeing Mr. Joe, but Miss Sue is still there everyday making sure everything is run right!! The ham po-boy is over the top. Great beans and potato salad. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

• Visited August 2012

Longview, Texas, United States
“A TASTE OF NOSTALGIA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Been eating at this establishment since the 70s and it never fails to satisfy your craving for Cobbs unique sauce and the sloppy joe....a favorite of mine since they were 5 for a dollar and after church my mom and my four brothers would converge on this establishment with tounges waggin....IT IS...IT HAS BEEN AND WILL CONTINUE TO BE AN ALL TIME FAVORITE FOR Louisana BBQ

Visited November 2011
Shreveport/Bossier City, LA
“Averag BBQ, a m om & pop operation that is still hanging in there.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

Average BBQ (don't get me wrong....it's not bad, it's just that there is much better in this market)...Beef sandwich was pretty good, had good flavor but not as much beef as I remembered from years past. Very runny/drippy cole slaw, beans did not do much for me. I remember eating hear years ago and it seems that it was better then. A local "hang-out" for years, but there is much better BBQ to be had here. I will probably eat there again, but it's not a place I'd really go out of my to make a special trip for.

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minden, Louisiana, United States
“Going to Cobb's Since I was 10 Years Old!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

My mom and I would go to Cobb's Meat Market in 1953 when A&P was across the street. Joe had a small table set up just right inside the front door selling bar-b-q sandwiches. His brother ran the meat market. My wife and I were there in 1966 when we saw the SS396 Chevelle convertible we had ordered from Red River Chevy go down the Interstate. They were "checking it out"! At 68 years of age and 49 years of marriage, my wife and I still like to meet there for one of those messy poboys!! Today, was one of those days and the food is still the best!

• Visited October 2011
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Best Bar-B- Que in Bossier”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

At noon, service was excellent, lunch crowd was abuzz. I had a hot link plate with cole slaw and beans and an iced tea. It was delicious. The atmoshere took me back to the '60s and my Bossier High days.

• Visited August 2011