“Great New Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Dallas, Texas
“Great New Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed at Margaritaville as a short anniversary get a way. The rooms were very clean and styliish. Bed and pillows were oh so comfy! Great location to walk to Boardwalk restaurants and shopping. Everyone was friendly! Would only be better if Jimmy Buffet himself was there!
Tip: We stayed Saturday and Sunday because the Sunday rate was more than half price!
Only disappointment was that the Margaritaville store was small and expensive compared to other Margaritaville's we have visited. Also, there was no evening entertainment available. We went to Horseshoe instead, which had a great club and band!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaritaville40044, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Great:

Thank you for your very nice review. I want to apologize that you did not find the entertainment you were seeking. Our Margaritaville Restaurant has a volcano show that appears Wednesday through Friday every hour on the hour from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. and on Sundays from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. On Friday and Saturday evenings we also have a band in the Margaritaville Restaurant from 10:00 p.m. until 2:00 a.m.

We also have appearances in our Paradise Theater from time to time that you might enjoy.

Please join us again soon for more fun.

Very truly yours,
Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Orange, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel is awesome, the rooms are very clean!!! loved it. would rate it, a 100 percent, the front desk staff is very friendly!! the rooms are big and spaceous, I will be going back. all the staff at entrances are very friendly!! the food at the buffet is great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Margaritaville40044, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Awesome:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the stellar review of our hotel and the staff throughout our beautiful property. Apparently we did it right for you and you had a wonderful time during your visit. This is the kind of experience we strive to give every guest, every time.

Again, thank you and come back soon.

Gladewater, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I are parrotheads who love the music, food, and ambiance of the Margaritaville Resort. We have been many times since it opened and we too were promised room comps that ended up being charged to our card. Wait times to register can also be quite lengthy.
We were also told by a casino host to call him if we wanted to come over for a concert. My husband did just that and was told that he couldn't get tickets. He immediately went online and bought excellent tickets. He had expected to purchase anyway, he was just seeking assistance with seating. My point is, don't promise what you don't do. It damages credibility.
I am NOT a shower person and wish there were some rooms with tubs besides the suites. I don't want to pay $300 plus a night for a tub.
Love the location, love the pool area, buffet and restaurant.The wait staff is superior. Slots are NOT loose at all.
Despite these aggravations (and they are), we will continue to go because of the location on the boardwalk and the live music.

Room Tip: Request a river view. Stunning at night.
Dear Parrothead,

Thank you for being a repeat visitor. I want to offer my personal apologies for the issues with your room reservations; we have been working on improving this experience for our guests and would love to hear back from you after your next visit. We are constantly working to improve our guests experiences and want you to have a good time while here.

Again, thank you for your review and being a repeat visitor. We look forward to your return.

Shreveport, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

When we arrived we were told the room we booked with a balcony was not available. It was our anniversary so we were disappointed. We ate at Jimmy B's awesome food and service. However, it was late when we went back to our room to go to sleep. The tv would not turn off or change channels. The complimentary drinks were there but the refrigerator was broken and did not cool at all. When we checked out and complained to the clerk we were told "I'm sorry" I asked if our room could be reduced or if we could be given a comp for our trouble. He said NO your not VIPS and you can't speak to any manager unless your a VIP. So I said your telling me too bad and he said basically yes. Really? Terrible service. Terrible treatment. I would never recommend going here. I will be at El Dorado or Horseshoe next time.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
Dear Terrible,

Thank you for providing your review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate receiving feedback from our guests and want to offer our apologies that your experience in our hotel was less than expected. We continually strive to improve our guests' experiences and hope that you will return and find improvements that please you.

Very truly yours,
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I booked a reservation about a week in advance for my birthday over 11/1 - 11/3 and received confirmation emails. On friday before we headed there from Dallas I called and confirmed again that we had a reservation. The lady I spoke with said as long as my card runs I am good to go, so I asked her to run the card then, she agreed and said I was confirmed. I drive to Shreveport and upon arrival and check in they notify me that there are NO rooms available and I was out of luck. After speaking with the front desk person and waiting a while, they finally placed me in a smokey room with a large barking dog across the hall that wouldnt stop barking. They apologized for the mistake and said the manager was made aware and would contact me first thing in the morning to get me in the room i was paying for. A phone call never happened.... 10pm the next evening (day 2) I finally get frustrated enough to contact the front desk and ask what is going on since the manager never called me to fix my problem. They had me come to the front to speak with them and at this point I was pretty heated about the whole situation and screwing up my birthday plans and trip. They told me the manager was gone for the day and they would have to contact her tomorrow to get it resolved. 2 minutes later the manager (Joyce? the pregnant lady) walks out of the side door at the front desk.... yet another lie.
At this point the manager, a desk clerk and a security guard confront me and rather than trying to fix my issue, they immediately have an attitude and tell me my attitude and frustration about the lack of service is not ok. Really?? I am a paying customer on day 2 of an unresolved issue THEY caused... where is the customer service?

The security guard they brought is 300lbs+ and was in my face screaming and yelling at me threatening to have me arrested by the police for my tone with them and being upset. The next thing I know they have the police there and are again threatening to have me kicked out and/or arrested.....

All I wanted is the room I paid for and they confirmed 3 times.....why security and police got involved in a hotel over booking issue is beyond me.

This is my third visit to Margaritaville in about 2 months, I love the place, but after this my perspective has changed. In the end the manager finally calmed down and came to a "resolution" with me and said she would comp my stay, move me to the room I was paying for (for the last day of my trip none the less) and that was that.

They finally got me in the room I was paying for, for the last night of the trip. Promising me everything would be comped. Which was a bold face lie

I checked my bank statement and she charged me in full for my stay, and did nothing at all to resolve the problem as they promised, other than try to have me arrested....worst experience I have ever had anywhere.

Now I am fighting for a refund.... beware of this place and the service. The hotel and casino are great, beware of overbooking, poor service and bad management...

Room Tip: Pay in advance....otherwise you might not have a room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaritaville40044, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Almost,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We apologize for any misconceptions you may have had and also for any inconvenience this has caused you. I hope that you will be returning for another visit with us and hope that you when you do you will find improvements that will thrill you during your next trip.

Thank you for returning for some fun and relaxation

Very sincerely,
Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed last night and thoroughly enjoyed my hotel room especially the pillows. Cozy..cozy..cozy!
In fact, I came across this site as I search out where I can buy those pillows. Slept like a baby.
I have stayed in quite a few casino hotels and this was the best! Room was outstanding!!

Ron

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaritaville40044, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Pillows:

Super! We love reviews that are so very positive and apparently we fulfilled your needs during your recent stay in our hotel.

Thank you for taking time to provide us a review.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Rooms were cold and clean when we arrived. Linens were crisp and the mini fridge was a plus. Large walk in shower was awesome over climbing in and out of a tub. Tamper proof soap dispensers in the shower was nice over all the little bottles going into the landfill. Complimentary waters, cokes and pretzels in the room. If there is a negative it was only two bath towels in our kingsize room and the bed pillows were HUGE.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaritaville40044, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Loved It:

Thank you for the fabulous review. We are ever so pleased you enjoyed your room and appreciated our desire not to overfill landfills with plastic bottles. We thank you for your observations and are thrilled you had a good time with us.

Please come again soon for more fun and relaxation.

Margaritaville Resort Casino

Been to Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City? Share your experiences!