“Wonderful addition to the Boardwalk area” 4 of 5 stars

You added Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City to your Saves list
Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   777 Margaritaville Way, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Ranked #11 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
“Wonderful addition to the Boardwalk area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We loved the hotel. It is really nice and clean. The pool area is relaxing and fun. The casino is very Vegas like. I love the atmosphere. I love that it is walking distance to alot of things. Bass Pro right next door is very handy. The only suggestion I have for anyone staying so bring your own pillows. They have these gigantic feather pillows that are impossible to sleep on. I brought mine and so I didn't have a problem. My husband did not. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013

224 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I decided to stay at this location with my mother and two children for one night since I drove my oldest daughter home from Texas. My daughter had mentioned it just opened and was minutes from her home. The drive was nearly 8 hours each way.
First, I couldn't make reservations via the Internet, just wouldn't let me fill in all the necessary fields. Upon calling reservations, I learned there are no discounted room rates for AAA or others. The reservation specialist was polite and offered me a premium room at player club price, she informed me to get a players club card prior to checking in to lock in the price- 2 queen beds 229.00 a night. My 16 year was considered an adult and therefore I had to pay $10 extra for her. Note, anyone 13 years and older is considered an adult. Check in was quick and efficient, nothing more.
Getting a players club card was fast and easy. Handed over my drivers license, answered email and telephone number, received card and a handout. Did not receive the promotional free mouse pad upon initial registration for players club card as advertised all over the property. Players club employee was less than friendly and did not explain or ask if I needed her to explain how the card worked. Nor did she offer details on the existing promotion to earn points toward a free auto sunshade.
The 2 queen bed premium room was nicely decorated and clean. As a former hotel maid during my teen years, this is the first thing I notice in a room. Room provided 2 complimentary sodas and bottles of water along with a snack sized bag of pretzels. There is a mini fridge in the room, but beware, ours was broken and nothing got cool, let alone cold enough to drink. So, we opted for ice, only to discover the new hotel had broken ice buckets. My mother picked up the ice bucket and the bottom feel back onto the counter! The ceiling fan in the room was off balanced and made a horrible clanking sound all night.
Took my children and mom to the pool to relax after such a long car ride- what a waste of time and energy. The pool is too small for a resort and the hot tub/ jacuzzi is so crowded you can't get in. We had to sign in to use the pool, check out towels with signature and wear wristbands while at the pool. This pool is definitely not for families. Lots if drinking to the point of drunk and adults hanging all over each other in inappropriate ways for a public area. Be sure to keep an eye on your towels, if you fail to return the same number of towels you signed for, you have to pay $25 per towel. There is no room to lounge around the pool as there are very few seats provided. The conversation in the hot tub became so offensive, my mother had to leave.
We decided to eat at the World Tour Buffet, not the best,not the worst. My biggest complaint was the wait time,the cost, and the fact they did not wash the baked potatoes before cooking- the potato was dirty and to hard to cut so I didn't even taste it. Other than that, it's not a Vegas buffet, but not the worst I've seen either.
Now for the casino. Way to small. Too many machines, tables and people in a small area. My mom and I didn't even begin gambling until after 11:30pm and we stayed on the floor until 2:30am. Finding an unoccupied machine was difficult. Many machines and seats are taken by no players watching others play! Between my mother and I, we spent about $500 in that period of time and won zip. Never had that happen before at any casino I've played in, nor has my mother. We sat at the same machine for two hours and not one cocktail waitress came by to ask us if wanted drinks. Finally, I walked to the bar to get two waters. As soon as I sat down, here comes a cocktail waitress-go figure. Before going upstairs for the night, we walked the casino floor to see how everything and learned on the far wall next to the cashiers cage, there is a complimentary beverage station. Sure would have been nice if the players club informed of us such upon registration. We knew we had earned enough points for the free auto sunshade, however, upon swiping our card the kiosk informed us we didn't qualify for any promotions. Mind you the casino was advertising a free sunshade if you earned 25 points between midnight and 5am. We inquired about such at the players club and were told to check our cards again in the morning. We did, still no coupon for the free sunshade. Tired and ready to sleep before our 8 hour drive in the morning, we couldn't leave the casino floor and had to figure out how to exit to the elevators due to police activity ( a stabbing, not confirmed by the casino staff) at the casino floor main entrance. Several police guarded a pool of blood on the floor awaiting the crime scene unit, my profession allows me this knowledge and observation. Upon showing our key to get to the elevators, my mother and I found ourselves waiting with local police who were obviously still looking for the person the wanted.
Morning of departure, skipped the poolside breakfast and packed for departure. Took my children to the gift shop for a shirt and was shocked to see the free mouse pads for sell in the gift shop. Upon inquiry, learned there were several cases available and wasn't sure why players club was not giving them away. Went back to players club and explained, also explained about sunshade promotion to be old there was nothing they could do. Asked for supervisor who said same and didn't care, her attitude showed it. Front desk employee asked me what room I was checking out of and I gave her the number, she gave me the cost and proceeded to help another guest the entire time she continued to check me out of my room. I had wanted to ask to speak to the hotel manager.
My mother and I each filled out a comment card and left our piece of mind. Since I couldn't get help from the front desk, I asked the valet attendant to call a manager for me to speak with. The valet attendant called twice and I waited over 20 minutes,no manager came. The valet attendant took my name and number saying he would pass it onto management and to date, I have not received a call from management.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Willow Park
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Jimmy Buffet is selling a name....not an experience. Rooms are just OK with only ice machines on even floors. However, you still pay a high price for a room that does not compete with other local casinos. I paid 300 hundred a night for a room looking at a big old roof. Other guests paying 69.00 a night which is under the quality but fits this sub-par resort experience. No managers are available at peak times to discuss problems and issues. But many employess available to look at you with a i don't give a crap" look because thay have a job. Way to go Jimmy.....you must be proud.
The dealers are the most inexperienced ever, they were actually training dealers on a Friday at the tables dealing a hand every 5 minutes. Dealers do not know what a staight flush is in 3 card, the difference between a YO bet and C&E bet is on craps. I was a a 3 card table where 3 great hands were not paid correctly. Jimmy Buffet!!!! if this is your idea of a great experience you need to quit drinking and get a clue. Your selling your name.....HAHAHAHA and not a quality product. Food restuarnts are sub par for price.

Room Tip: get a room on an even floor for ice machine access and kiss the resturaunts good bye and go to local...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Yukon, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The facility is gorgeous, rooms very nice. However, the food was average (being kind), very expensive, hard to get, service terrible. They will envourage you to get a players card & get 10% off. Unfortunately, not a single employee is aware of it.

• Stayed July 2013
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I booked through margaritaville's website a 2 night stay for my birthday with me and my husband. I paid online a $100.00 deposit, and called the hotel on 3 separate occasions and repeatedly asked how much I owed at check in. Each time I was told that I had already paid my deposit and would not need to pay the balance until checkout. So my husband and I drove 2.5 hours to the hotel for my birthday getaway, to find that I needed to pay another $100.00 deposit plus my room up front upon check in. I was not happy. This was not expected as I called to verify 3 TIMES. So they didn't honor the original $100 we paid, and all they did was shrug their shoulders and say the scripted, "Sorry about that." Well I'm sorry too, because after I paid for 1 night, (because I didn't have enough for two at this point) I had a very limited budget to eat. (As we were on a budget to begin with)

We got to our room 1917 which had a metal object protruding from an electrical outlet, because that is safe. We ignored it. Then I went to the bathroom and flushed the toilet and raw sewage backed up into the shower. They seemed puzzled and confused as to why we would think to request a different room after this even though they called maintenance. We did get another room with their reluctance, and were moved to 1911. I suppose it was okay the décor is new, modern and appealing, but not worth the original prices of $159.00/ night.

If the managers were actually willing to do their jobs to which they were hired instead of hiding behind their employees at the front desk (which was what happened in our circumstance) then maybe these hiccups would be ironed out more smoothly. Perhaps if Margaritaville had spent half as much time in hiring competent, experienced, customer service representatives attending the front desk and answering the phones as the time they spent decorating the hotel, it would be drumming up better repeat business. At this rate, they are not looking for repeat business.

Before checking out and going to Sams Town Casino, (which was so much fun, the rooms were bigger, and the casino has the same machines as Margaritaville but better payouts) we tried the casino at Margaritaville, and I was shocked to see dated machines in such a new hotel. The other reviews are correct, this place could be really great, but currently its just another junky casino on the river.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The casino is very clean and most importantly the security for guests is excellent. Staff stands at the entrance to elevators that lead to rooms and if you don't have a key, you can't get in unless you go to the office and get cleared. My friend wanted to stay and play the dice tables and I was ready to go to the room. I had both room cards and they would not let him on the elevator without clearance. While it was a pain for him, I was glad to know that. The staff was very accommodating.

The pool area is very nice and drinks are about $7.00 for a margarita. Restaurants are all pretty good and we enjoyed listening to a band at Jimmy Buffets.

One of the things I appreciated was that while there was smoking, I didn't notice my clothing smelling like smoke so it must be well ventilated. Overall, it was a great value and a wonderful time.

• Stayed June 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is the worst experience I have ever had. Booked and paid for my deposit on June 28 2013. Before coming to the hotel I called and asked them questions as this was the first time me and my wife had been here. I wanted everything to go as smooth as it could. I called the hotel about 3 times before coming and every time I would end the call with now what do I need to pay when I check in they would tell me nothing everything is paid and what isn't you can pay the day you check out. So we arrive July 10 2013 then u went to check in the told me I must pay the room in full I explained that I have already paid my deposits and I was told that we don't take payment over the phone even though I had an email saying my deposits were paid. They didn't care refused to help I tried to figure out how to do this as I don't have use credit cards so I asked if I could have someone else put a card on file, they said not really they would need to fill out a from giving us the right to us that card. So I said ok how do we do that we would need to fax her a from that she would need to fill out. then fax it back to us. That wont work my mom doesn't have a fax machine so what else can we do" you can pay you room in full or leave" My God this was the hotel F up not ours. I call 3 times after I paid my deposit and asked every time what I needed to pay you told me nothing. Still that wouldn't do anything to try and fix there misleading or uninformed employee screw up. We drove 3.5 hours to get here so we didn't make this trip for nothing we rent a room for the night as now we had cut are trip in 1/2 my room was to cost 99 plus tax because my deposit was already paid. Wrong because they refuse to accept the fact they had charged my card for 230 which I don't have in my account anymore and I can prove they took it I had to pay 223 dollar for my one night stay. Which in total is now 453 for one night. the money I used to pay for the room was are gaming money and food money. We still had some money we would make the best of things, so we go to our room 1917 we get into the room we are upset by all the things that have happened. my wife and I decide to get ready for dinner. I go to take a shower the shop is water down to the point I had to almost the hole bottle to wash my hair. But the more concerning point, Ashlee is doing her make up she went to flush the toilet being playful and poop back up in to the shower I was in so much for a clean body now. I call the front desk after arguing with the still refuse to make the nightmare better I was able to get them to move use down the hall to room 1911 which was nice to look at so I went and took another show. My wife wanted to try the buffet which was posted online as 15 a person wrong again try almost 30 a person we where not going to spend 60 to serve my self so we left and went out to eat a Posados which was the best time I had dearing this hole trip. the hole reason we came here was for the pool which we never got to use. So we go to bed just want to put the nightmare behind us. but we couldn't sleep why do you ask the bed is hard as a rock and the pillows are so big that you can get comfortable and I was cold called and asked for some blankets for my room they were out . so let recap I have now spent over 453 dollar to me upset cold uncomfortable and o yes crap on I will not becoming back and if I was the person reading this I wouldn't waist my time or hard earn money here

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Margaritaville Resort Casino Bossier City? Share your experiences!