“Don't Go for the Food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Yukon, OK
“Don't Go for the Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

The facility is gorgeous, rooms very nice. However, the food was average (being kind), very expensive, hard to get, service terrible. They will envourage you to get a players card & get 10% off. Unfortunately, not a single employee is aware of it.

• Stayed July 2013

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I booked through margaritaville's website a 2 night stay for my birthday with me and my husband. I paid online a $100.00 deposit, and called the hotel on 3 separate occasions and repeatedly asked how much I owed at check in. Each time I was told that I had already paid my deposit and would not need to pay the balance until checkout. So my husband and I drove 2.5 hours to the hotel for my birthday getaway, to find that I needed to pay another $100.00 deposit plus my room up front upon check in. I was not happy. This was not expected as I called to verify 3 TIMES. So they didn't honor the original $100 we paid, and all they did was shrug their shoulders and say the scripted, "Sorry about that." Well I'm sorry too, because after I paid for 1 night, (because I didn't have enough for two at this point) I had a very limited budget to eat. (As we were on a budget to begin with)

We got to our room 1917 which had a metal object protruding from an electrical outlet, because that is safe. We ignored it. Then I went to the bathroom and flushed the toilet and raw sewage backed up into the shower. They seemed puzzled and confused as to why we would think to request a different room after this even though they called maintenance. We did get another room with their reluctance, and were moved to 1911. I suppose it was okay the décor is new, modern and appealing, but not worth the original prices of $159.00/ night.

If the managers were actually willing to do their jobs to which they were hired instead of hiding behind their employees at the front desk (which was what happened in our circumstance) then maybe these hiccups would be ironed out more smoothly. Perhaps if Margaritaville had spent half as much time in hiring competent, experienced, customer service representatives attending the front desk and answering the phones as the time they spent decorating the hotel, it would be drumming up better repeat business. At this rate, they are not looking for repeat business.

Before checking out and going to Sams Town Casino, (which was so much fun, the rooms were bigger, and the casino has the same machines as Margaritaville but better payouts) we tried the casino at Margaritaville, and I was shocked to see dated machines in such a new hotel. The other reviews are correct, this place could be really great, but currently its just another junky casino on the river.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The casino is very clean and most importantly the security for guests is excellent. Staff stands at the entrance to elevators that lead to rooms and if you don't have a key, you can't get in unless you go to the office and get cleared. My friend wanted to stay and play the dice tables and I was ready to go to the room. I had both room cards and they would not let him on the elevator without clearance. While it was a pain for him, I was glad to know that. The staff was very accommodating.

The pool area is very nice and drinks are about $7.00 for a margarita. Restaurants are all pretty good and we enjoyed listening to a band at Jimmy Buffets.

One of the things I appreciated was that while there was smoking, I didn't notice my clothing smelling like smoke so it must be well ventilated. Overall, it was a great value and a wonderful time.

• Stayed June 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is the worst experience I have ever had. Booked and paid for my deposit on June 28 2013. Before coming to the hotel I called and asked them questions as this was the first time me and my wife had been here. I wanted everything to go as smooth as it could. I called the hotel about 3 times before coming and every time I would end the call with now what do I need to pay when I check in they would tell me nothing everything is paid and what isn't you can pay the day you check out. So we arrive July 10 2013 then u went to check in the told me I must pay the room in full I explained that I have already paid my deposits and I was told that we don't take payment over the phone even though I had an email saying my deposits were paid. They didn't care refused to help I tried to figure out how to do this as I don't have use credit cards so I asked if I could have someone else put a card on file, they said not really they would need to fill out a from giving us the right to us that card. So I said ok how do we do that we would need to fax her a from that she would need to fill out. then fax it back to us. That wont work my mom doesn't have a fax machine so what else can we do" you can pay you room in full or leave" My God this was the hotel F up not ours. I call 3 times after I paid my deposit and asked every time what I needed to pay you told me nothing. Still that wouldn't do anything to try and fix there misleading or uninformed employee screw up. We drove 3.5 hours to get here so we didn't make this trip for nothing we rent a room for the night as now we had cut are trip in 1/2 my room was to cost 99 plus tax because my deposit was already paid. Wrong because they refuse to accept the fact they had charged my card for 230 which I don't have in my account anymore and I can prove they took it I had to pay 223 dollar for my one night stay. Which in total is now 453 for one night. the money I used to pay for the room was are gaming money and food money. We still had some money we would make the best of things, so we go to our room 1917 we get into the room we are upset by all the things that have happened. my wife and I decide to get ready for dinner. I go to take a shower the shop is water down to the point I had to almost the hole bottle to wash my hair. But the more concerning point, Ashlee is doing her make up she went to flush the toilet being playful and poop back up in to the shower I was in so much for a clean body now. I call the front desk after arguing with the still refuse to make the nightmare better I was able to get them to move use down the hall to room 1911 which was nice to look at so I went and took another show. My wife wanted to try the buffet which was posted online as 15 a person wrong again try almost 30 a person we where not going to spend 60 to serve my self so we left and went out to eat a Posados which was the best time I had dearing this hole trip. the hole reason we came here was for the pool which we never got to use. So we go to bed just want to put the nightmare behind us. but we couldn't sleep why do you ask the bed is hard as a rock and the pillows are so big that you can get comfortable and I was cold called and asked for some blankets for my room they were out . so let recap I have now spent over 453 dollar to me upset cold uncomfortable and o yes crap on I will not becoming back and if I was the person reading this I wouldn't waist my time or hard earn money here

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Family surprised me by getting the wife and I a corner room at Margaritaville. Evidentally they gave my wife an upgrade because it was my birthday. The room has an expansive balcony that wraps around the edge of the hotel. Great bathroom and soft pillows. We had a great time in the casino and afterwards went for a stroll on the boardwalk. The next morning we ordered room service, and the portions were so big we had to take some with us. Normally, that is not what I am used to with room service. Overall good time. Get to the Margaritaville restaurant early if you want a seat. When we got there it was sold out.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

4th of July was very busy and we were lucky enough to get a room with balcony overlooking the Red River. Pool is very nice and is saltwater that is chilled. Service for food and drinks was good. Casino was new and nice, however we did not win at this one. Went across to Eldorado and won!
Fireworks show was visible right off our balcony !!!
we would go back and stay w/ friends or family.

Room Tip: Balcony w/ view of Red River.