“Just Awful!” 1 of 5 stars

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #22 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
“Just Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I hate to leave bad reviews, but I really feel I need to warn other travelers of this hotel. I am sitting in my hotel room as I type this. I stayed here because other players from my nephew's Dixie Youth all star's team were staying here. Otherwise, I would have chosen another hotel. I guess I should have taken the broken automatic door in the hotel lobby's as a sign of things to come, but I was trying to remain optimistic. The first room's air conditioning wasn't working properly so they moved us. The next room had the same problem plus the toilet was running. The third room's air was working, so we moved all our things in. I went to find ice and it took four ice machines before I found one that worked. The decor is very dark (the better to hide all the dirt and stains) and the carpet is threadbare. The outside security door is broken and anyone can come into the hotel. The smell of cigarette smoke permeates the entire hotel. The ceiling plaster in the public areas is falling down in some places. That's just what I have observed in my first hour of check-in!

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else. There are much nicer hotels in this town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Court, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

When I made the reservations on Ramada Worldwide's website www.ramada.com, the price shown was much, much lower than what they charged me when I got there. Try it yourself, make a reservation at that website for any time of the year, as far in advance, or near as possible... and see if it shows around $69.00 a night for a non-smoking, 2 double beds room, plus the 15% discount, making it around $58.00 range.The confirmation email from them showed no price at all! They charged me $76.00+ a night!!!Then they charged my account 3 nights stay even though we stayed only two nights! Now, they are attempting to charge my account for another two nights! To top it off the hotel was in dis-repair, stank, and was trashy! This is fraud (bait & switch) at it's lowest, and breach of contract on the part of the Hotel for deplorable conditions on this property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Don't let the pictures fool you. This place is TERRIBLE. Our first room was supposed to be non-smoking but wasn't. The second room had ants. The suite they gave us next had cracked toilet, cracked walls, dirty floors, FILTHY chairs and sofa, and fruit flies. On the upside, the staff was friendly. Security was lacking as the key card entry on exterior doors of the hotel were all broken and the doors were unlocked. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more to stay someplace else.

• Stayed July 2012
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We recently hosted our family reunion here and it was not bad at all. The lobby and eating area was very nice and clean. Upon check-in the rooms were clean and smelled really fresh. There was a lot of foot traffic in the hotel but not a lot of noise which was a bonus for me. The staff was quite friendly and always helpful. We had a problem with the drain and maintenance came right up to try and correct the problem. When he could not fix it, we asked to be moved to another room and they moved us within an hour. This hotel is not bad for the price. I will same the breakfast buffet leaves much to be desired..... In all I would definitely stay here again!!

Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Staff was very courteous. Room requirement handled quickly. Room clean and comfortable. Registered late so nothing open close by to really get anything to eat. Continental breakfast looked like it was probably good if you got there when it was first put out. Good variety, but by time we got there it was beginning to be a bit dry. Good location.

Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We just left this hotel after a 1 night stay...it is NASTY!!! I cannot believe the reviews this place has because they are all wrong. This used to have a casino in it but it is closed now. So when you walk in the lobby (which I will admit is pretty) it REAKS of smoke. Although you will get a non-smoking room the entire places smells to high heaven!!! There does seem to be a fresh coat of paint but before you paint you have to clean so really they just painted over the filth!!! Our room was so dirty I pulled the comforters off the bed and instructed my kids not to go near them. The furnishings are old and broken, there are window units for air conditioning and they don't work well. The bathroom was absolutly discusting. The floors were dirty to the eye, the bath tub/shower had a year of soap build up and our toilet seat had poop on it. Oh ya....that is right. This in not a place to go,...and that good breakfast I read about well we walked past it and it seemed to have all the same things you normally find at a free breakfast except there was food all over the counters and floors. GROSS!!!! Do Not Stay Here!

dallas, texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

we booked this room for memorial day weekend so we could do a little "gaming". the room is adequate. nothing spectacular. it's about 8 miles from the casinos. we checked in on friday evening. i didn't notice that evening, but the next morning, i saw there was someone else's hair on the floor in the bathroom.. the shower walls could have been a little cleaner but i guess it was okay. i mean, it's a shower......the coffee in the packets in the room were nasty, much better coffee at the free breakfast. staff was friendly. not sure if i'd stay again but it was ok.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Bossier City? Share your experiences!