“RUN FAR FAR AWAY” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1836 Old Minden Road, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
New Orleans, Louisiana
“RUN FAR FAR AWAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

This hotel is a dump!!!!!!!!!!! When we arrived at the hotel they could not find my reservation but provided me with a "suite" for the same price to accomodate me. The room was disgusting!!!! Everything is old and outdated. Their was no microfridge, iron, or blow dryer in the room (as it states on the company's website). We had to request a blow dryer and the management asked us when we would return it b/c they only had two for all the guests at the hotel!!!! Are you serious?!?!?! The only reason we stayed overnight was because all other rooms in the city were booked up. The curtains had what looked like bullet holes, the ceiling looked liked it was caving in, the tub had a off white paste on the bottom of it, and the mattress was filthy!! There was also some type of spilage on the wall. The shower didn't work and the water backed up in the tub. I would NEVER stay at this hotel or a best value inn again! I will also NEVER visit Shreveport/Bossier City again! As soon as the sun came up I was out of there! I didn't expect the four seasons for $70, but i have stayed in much nicer hotels for the same price or cheaper! This place should be torn down!!! I am calling the board of health to report them because this is totally unexceptable! Then to top things off I saw kids (who appeared to be around 16) cleaning up the rooms! Child labor?!?! I will make it my business to ensure that no one has to endure a night's stay at this hotel ever again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sulphur Springs, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

My husband and I checked into this motel at 2 pm on Friday but didn't actually try to open the motel room door until 2 am the next morning. They key wouldn't work. We went to the front desk to let them know, and were given another key. It also didn't work. We went back to the front desk and were told that the lock must need a new battery. Rather than replacing the battery or giving us another room with a working lock (which is what I requested), we were let into our room by the front desk clerk who was rather rude and very annoyed that he had to let us in. The clerk that was there when we checked in was very pleasant, and the clerk that was there when we checked out was also very pleasant, it was just this clerk that gave us a problem.

The room wasn't bad, we've stayed in ABVs before and often seek them out because they are usually a good value. The faucet dripped in the sink all night, and when I took a shower the next morning, the stopper wouldn't stay up in the bathtub causing it to fill with water while I showered. There was no clock radio or hair dryer in the room (though I was told by the front desk that there was).

We probably would stay there again, but would definitely check and make sure that our room was okay before we went off to the casinos.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport

Address: 1836 Old Minden Road, Bossier City, LA 71111
Location: United States > Louisiana > Bossier City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport 2*
Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn of Bossier City, Louisiana. We are located off of State Highway 3, Exit 20B. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport Hotel Bossier City

If you own or manage Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.