“I'd rather sleep in my car.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1836 Old Minden Road, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Dallas, TX
“I'd rather sleep in my car.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I found the hotel information online at "www.americasbestvalueinn.com" and then called the hotel directly to confirm availability. I then attempted to make a reservation however I was informed they wouldn't provide the room at the website's advertised rate. "If I wanted the website rate I needed to reserve the room through the website." I felt as though this was poor customer service and believe the staff could have made such an accomodation. The staff should be willing to make an effort to secure a reservation and not risk hanging up and having the client go elsewhere.

The room was horrible for all of the following reasons:
(1)There was much difficutly in opening the door. It was messed up and off it's hinge. It had to be forcefully pushed open or slammed shut. Definitely a safety concern / fire hazard!
(2)Carpet was dirty and had food crumbs on it. I didn't walk barefoot because it was so dirty.
(3)BATHROOM- There was hair in the tub the tub also had a stained brown floor (gross!). We refused to bathe in that. The bathroom floor tile was cracked and split in numerous places. There was also hair on the towels! We didn't use the towels.
(4) Based on the poor quality of cleanliness throughout the room I was ultimately concerned with the bed! We pulled the sheets back and to no surprise we found more strands of hair.
(5)The mini-fridge had a similar problem as the main door. The mini-fridge was directly on the floor and the door rubs against the carpet each time it is opened. The mini-fridge also made a disrupting noise all night. We turned the TV on in an attempt to drown out the whirring fridge.
(6)The desk armoire and armoire shelf each had a thick layer of dust not very pleasant for anyone with allergy/sinus issues.

Aside from this gross room I very much enjoyed my visit to Bossier City however this property is in dire need of someone who will make sure the rooms are at minimum clean! I have stayed at other Americas Best Value Inn and had pleasant experiences but this has to be the worse hotel I've ever visited.

I notified the company of my dissatisfaction and received a 50% discount on the room.

Room Tip: I don't believe there are any quality rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Can't believe I actually stayed there! Worst hotel ever. Lobby old and dirty should have given me an indication not to stay. Old TV, chairs in passways. Curtains in room dirty, easy chair dirty, old carpet (didn't walk around without shoes on), desk chair had paint on it, microwave covered with fingerprints and had a leg missing, patched hole in wall needed to be painted, TV cabinet dirty. Took off bedspread and at least sheets were clean. Bathroom looked fairly clean, but took my shower with flip flops on. Some kind of nasty something on shower curtain after you got in. At least we didn't leave with bedbugs!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

This was the nastiest hotel, I have every been in. This place stinks, there were roaches, nasty bed, floor and bedrooms. This dump needs to be closed down. It stunk so badly I wanted to cry for 68.99 I could have slept in my car.

Room Tip: just don't come here
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

We travel a lot but this is the worst place ever. The beds are hard, the pillows are flat, the bathtubs were clogged. The rooms appearance are pitiful. Never never never stay at this hotel

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
abvibcla, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Dear Traveler,

We are sorry that the room you stayed in was not up to your expectations. We changed out all our beds and pillows the end of 2009 and have not had any complaints. As far as the tub not draining properly, we were filled for months with oil and pipeline workers. We did have a plumber come out and work on all of the tubs and now they are draining properly. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in our area again.
Mabelvale, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

This was the most disgusting place I have ever been in, we brought our daughter and two small dogs, which I didn't even want to let down on the floors, the room stunk, beds were nasty. tub had rust in it, we stayed 2 hours and left after finding a cleaner place to stay, I wouldn't stay there if it were free!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

This motel has run down considerably since our last visit. It seemed to be overrun with oil field workers. The bed was one of the worst I've tried to sleep in. There was a hump in the middle, but if you tried to sleep on one side or the other, you felt like you were falling off the bed. No support under the edges of the mattress. No mini fridge as advertised and the microwave was missing a leg so it leaned to one side. Room was fairly clean, though the maids don't clean behind the bathroom door. Electrical outlet beside sink didn't work.. No outlet near the desk so there was no good place to set up my laptop. Internet was spotty and extremely slow. Very frustrating to use.

Ok for an overnight stay on the way to somewhere else, I guess, and for Shreveport--which is overpriced and usually filthy--it was better than some places we've stayed. But if you have a choice, skip Shreveport altogether and drive on to Marshall Texas or Monroe LA.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

This hotel is a dump!!!!!!!!!!! When we arrived at the hotel they could not find my reservation but provided me with a "suite" for the same price to accomodate me. The room was disgusting!!!! Everything is old and outdated. Their was no microfridge, iron, or blow dryer in the room (as it states on the company's website). We had to request a blow dryer and the management asked us when we would return it b/c they only had two for all the guests at the hotel!!!! Are you serious?!?!?! The only reason we stayed overnight was because all other rooms in the city were booked up. The curtains had what looked like bullet holes, the ceiling looked liked it was caving in, the tub had a off white paste on the bottom of it, and the mattress was filthy!! There was also some type of spilage on the wall. The shower didn't work and the water backed up in the tub. I would NEVER stay at this hotel or a best value inn again! I will also NEVER visit Shreveport/Bossier City again! As soon as the sun came up I was out of there! I didn't expect the four seasons for $70, but i have stayed in much nicer hotels for the same price or cheaper! This place should be torn down!!! I am calling the board of health to report them because this is totally unexceptable! Then to top things off I saw kids (who appeared to be around 16) cleaning up the rooms! Child labor?!?! I will make it my business to ensure that no one has to endure a night's stay at this hotel ever again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport? Share your experiences!