I found the hotel information online at "www.americasbestvalueinn.com" and then called the hotel directly to confirm availability. I then attempted to make a reservation however I was informed they wouldn't provide the room at the website's advertised rate. "If I wanted the website rate I needed to reserve the room through the website." I felt as though this was poor customer service and believe the staff could have made such an accomodation. The staff should be willing to make an effort to secure a reservation and not risk hanging up and having the client go elsewhere.
The room was horrible for all of the following reasons:
(1)There was much difficutly in opening the door. It was messed up and off it's hinge. It had to be forcefully pushed open or slammed shut. Definitely a safety concern / fire hazard!
(2)Carpet was dirty and had food crumbs on it. I didn't walk barefoot because it was so dirty.
(3)BATHROOM- There was hair in the tub the tub also had a stained brown floor (gross!). We refused to bathe in that. The bathroom floor tile was cracked and split in numerous places. There was also hair on the towels! We didn't use the towels.
(4) Based on the poor quality of cleanliness throughout the room I was ultimately concerned with the bed! We pulled the sheets back and to no surprise we found more strands of hair.
(5)The mini-fridge had a similar problem as the main door. The mini-fridge was directly on the floor and the door rubs against the carpet each time it is opened. The mini-fridge also made a disrupting noise all night. We turned the TV on in an attempt to drown out the whirring fridge.
(6)The desk armoire and armoire shelf each had a thick layer of dust not very pleasant for anyone with allergy/sinus issues.
Aside from this gross room I very much enjoyed my visit to Bossier City however this property is in dire need of someone who will make sure the rooms are at minimum clean! I have stayed at other Americas Best Value Inn and had pleasant experiences but this has to be the worse hotel I've ever visited.
I notified the company of my dissatisfaction and received a 50% discount on the room.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport Hotel Bossier City
- Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn of Bossier City, Louisiana. We are located off of State Highway 3, Exit 20B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Vantage Hospitality, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.