“OMG - Run Run Run” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1836 Old Minden Road, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Ranked #28 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Texas
“OMG - Run Run Run”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

We travel a lot but this is the worst place ever. The beds are hard, the pillows are flat, the bathtubs were clogged. The rooms appearance are pitiful. Never never never stay at this hotel

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
abvibcla, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Dear Traveler,

We are sorry that the room you stayed in was not up to your expectations. We changed out all our beds and pillows the end of 2009 and have not had any complaints. As far as the tub not draining properly, we were filled for months with oil and pipeline workers. We did have a plumber come out and work on all of the tubs and now they are draining properly. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in our area again.

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mabelvale, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

This was the most disgusting place I have ever been in, we brought our daughter and two small dogs, which I didn't even want to let down on the floors, the room stunk, beds were nasty. tub had rust in it, we stayed 2 hours and left after finding a cleaner place to stay, I wouldn't stay there if it were free!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

This motel has run down considerably since our last visit. It seemed to be overrun with oil field workers. The bed was one of the worst I've tried to sleep in. There was a hump in the middle, but if you tried to sleep on one side or the other, you felt like you were falling off the bed. No support under the edges of the mattress. No mini fridge as advertised and the microwave was missing a leg so it leaned to one side. Room was fairly clean, though the maids don't clean behind the bathroom door. Electrical outlet beside sink didn't work.. No outlet near the desk so there was no good place to set up my laptop. Internet was spotty and extremely slow. Very frustrating to use.

Ok for an overnight stay on the way to somewhere else, I guess, and for Shreveport--which is overpriced and usually filthy--it was better than some places we've stayed. But if you have a choice, skip Shreveport altogether and drive on to Marshall Texas or Monroe LA.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

This hotel is a dump!!!!!!!!!!! When we arrived at the hotel they could not find my reservation but provided me with a "suite" for the same price to accomodate me. The room was disgusting!!!! Everything is old and outdated. Their was no microfridge, iron, or blow dryer in the room (as it states on the company's website). We had to request a blow dryer and the management asked us when we would return it b/c they only had two for all the guests at the hotel!!!! Are you serious?!?!?! The only reason we stayed overnight was because all other rooms in the city were booked up. The curtains had what looked like bullet holes, the ceiling looked liked it was caving in, the tub had a off white paste on the bottom of it, and the mattress was filthy!! There was also some type of spilage on the wall. The shower didn't work and the water backed up in the tub. I would NEVER stay at this hotel or a best value inn again! I will also NEVER visit Shreveport/Bossier City again! As soon as the sun came up I was out of there! I didn't expect the four seasons for $70, but i have stayed in much nicer hotels for the same price or cheaper! This place should be torn down!!! I am calling the board of health to report them because this is totally unexceptable! Then to top things off I saw kids (who appeared to be around 16) cleaning up the rooms! Child labor?!?! I will make it my business to ensure that no one has to endure a night's stay at this hotel ever again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Sulphur Springs, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

My husband and I checked into this motel at 2 pm on Friday but didn't actually try to open the motel room door until 2 am the next morning. They key wouldn't work. We went to the front desk to let them know, and were given another key. It also didn't work. We went back to the front desk and were told that the lock must need a new battery. Rather than replacing the battery or giving us another room with a working lock (which is what I requested), we were let into our room by the front desk clerk who was rather rude and very annoyed that he had to let us in. The clerk that was there when we checked in was very pleasant, and the clerk that was there when we checked out was also very pleasant, it was just this clerk that gave us a problem.

The room wasn't bad, we've stayed in ABVs before and often seek them out because they are usually a good value. The faucet dripped in the sink all night, and when I took a shower the next morning, the stopper wouldn't stay up in the bathtub causing it to fill with water while I showered. There was no clock radio or hair dryer in the room (though I was told by the front desk that there was).

We probably would stay there again, but would definitely check and make sure that our room was okay before we went off to the casinos.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport

Address: 1836 Old Minden Road, Bossier City, LA 71111
Location: United States > Louisiana > Bossier City
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #28 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport 2*
Welcome to Americas Best Value Inn of Bossier City, Louisiana. We are located off of State Highway 3, Exit 20B. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport Hotel Bossier City

If you own or manage Americas Best Value Inn - Bossier City / Shreveport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.