“Everything here is not good.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Boomtown Hotel Casino

You added Boomtown Hotel Casino to your Saves list
Boomtown Hotel Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Riverside Drive, Bossier City, LA 71111 (Formerly Casino Magic)   |
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
“Everything here is not good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Check-in was ok. Lady was semi friendly not good but not terrible either. We get in our room to find the a/c is broke. Call front desk they get someone to come look. He worked on it for about 10 min then said it was fixed. While it got a little cooler it was still really warm in our room.
Coffee pot was broke go to front desk to get another one at 7:00am they tell me they cant do anything because housekeeping is not there until 8:00. Really? the attendants only help was to go the 24 hour café to get some. So not being satisfied with this answer but wanting some coffee I go there only to find nobody at the register. I wait a few minutes guy comes out the back and said nobody is here to work the register and will not be for another 30 min. So now I'm really frustrated at the lack of help I am getting from this place. So I loaded up right then and left and will not coming back here too many other options in the area. I will stay at the Horseshoe from now on they are 100 times better
Other things:
Sheets didn't fit the bed
Bed was very uncomfortable
drain in tub was broke
Handles on both the sink and tub didn't work correctly
the handicap handle in the tub was coming off the wall
the internet had .5 mb speed test

Room Tip: Go to the Horseshoe
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Delayed on a business trip and needed a place to stay for three night. Got lucky I happened to end up here. Nice newer place with great beds and pillows. Good large flat screen TVs with great channel selection. Casino was the best because I left with more then I started with and ate for free. Great food. May stay an extra night just because.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The worst of all the Shreveport/Bossier City Hotel-Casinos. Looks like it has never been updated. People we dealt with always appeared sullen and had terrible attitudes. We were guaranteed a room with 2 double beds but got one with a king. When we asked to be switched, the manager said they did not have any and offered a roll away. When w said we would just leave, they miraculously found a room with 2 double beds. Looked as if the staff spent much of their time apologizing for various problems. Restaurants were terrible and even the dealers were sullen and unfriendly. We left and went to Margaritaville. Much better!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
ExcellenceMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Boomtown Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We apologize you did not enjoy your stay. Thank you for the feedback. We have passed it to the appropriate leaders.
Aurora, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We did not stay the night here but came for dinner and gambling on Valentine's Day. The line for the buffet snaked down a hallway and we could not even the end of the very slow moving line. We opted for the little snack bar/fast food place. The food was edible but not worth the money. The staff was very engrossed in conversation and made us feel like we were imposing by eating there. The casino is small smokey and dirty feeling and the dealer at the black jack table was rude and kept looking around the room like something was going on. the next table over had a very friendly and fun dealer but unfortunately people were waiting to play there all night. We stopped to take a quick selfie on the way out of the casino and were immediately jumped on by security and informed that cameras were not allowed in the casino but he'd let us keep the picture we took......what was he gonna do confiscate the phone? I would not return to this casino.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. We love to hear how we can improve the guest experience.
Webster, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

I've stayed at just about every hotel in Shreveport/Bossier City. After reading the earlier reviews I was a bit nervous. The hotel is old but clean and maintained as well as could be expected. The bed is soft and comfy. I received 4 pretty good pillows. The internet is not dreadfully slow which is always a 50/50 chance. The buffet was excellent. The rooms are kind of dark though. For $62 I have no valid complaints. I prefer Margaritaville and El Dorado over Boomtown but it's not a bad place either.

Room Tip: Request an odd number room so you overlook the river instead of the parking lot.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the buffet. We hope to see you again soon!
home
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

HOW could we possibly have had a BAD time with a nice, clean, FREE room and pretty decent, DISCOUNTED buffet?? Well, I'll tell you. The manager was friendly, but the hotel staff, with few exceptions, just plain had a BAD attitude...SURLY even. We got the feeling that they resented us for some reason from the start. It was almost impossible to get a smile out of them! Add that to the constant noise from the employees who gathered quite often in the hallway in front of our room... speaking at the top of their voices... even after I gently informed them that we were trying to sleep!!!

And no valet service here... or if there was any, it wasn't offered to us. The casino is honestly pretty grungy and didn't seem to be having many winners, but then thats the way it goes. We ended up going over to the Horseshoe where the gambling and the attitudes were better!

I doubt we will ever go back to Boomtown again... Attitude and hospitality are IMPORTANT.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
ExcellenceMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Boomtown Hotel Casino, responded to this review, January 24, 2015
We are terribly sorry for your experience with the front desk team members during your stay. Please feel free to reach out to our Guest Experience Manager at 318-841-2169. We would love to understand more about your encounter. Thank you for the feedback.
Midlothian,t
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

I must say we use to be regulars at most of the casinos in Shreveport/Bossier.
Boomtown has always sent my wife offers even after we quit coming down for some time
Other hotel/casinos in the area dropped us like a hot potato after we quit playing for a while
Not Boomtown. Anyway we made a trip down after receiving an offer for a two night stay and a couple of free meals and a 45.00 voucher
We got our room for Fri and Sat night the 16th/17th of Jan 2015
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and we were quickly checked in
We had all the basic needs that you have in most places
The drawback to this room is no place to sit and eat a meal ,would be nice to have a small table with a couple of chairs . The other drawback is no refrigerator, I think this always takes away from a hotel . A fridge can be purchased for as little as 68.00 and yet adds volumes to the room in my opinion
I do like the idea of having free internet which there use to be a charge for so that is a plus
It seems to me a hotel review is in relation to how well a person does on the casino floor and that is a shame, each should be rated on its own merits
The pic of the room shows a wrinkled bed .The pic is taken after we had been in the room a while and I had laid down

Room Tip: I think all the even number rooms face the parking lot and odds more the river I would try to get...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Boomtown Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!