“Great location, just okay hotel & casino!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Boomtown Hotel Casino

Save Saved
You added Boomtown Hotel Casino to your Saves list
Boomtown Hotel Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Riverside Drive, Bossier City, LA 71111 (Formerly Casino Magic)   |
Ranked #17 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Texarkana, Texas
“Great location, just okay hotel & casino!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the fourth of July. We booked one of the suites with the bathtub for two. We requested nonsmoking with a king size bed. When we arrived, we were given a smoking room, even though the room itself had been designated as non-smoking. The previous guests had smoked heavily in the room. A man at the front desk (I cannot remember his name) immediately took care of the situation, and he got us into another room with the same amenities. He did respond well to the situation, which is one reason I gave the hotel three stars instead of one of two.

However, we had some issues with the front desk at other times with other workers. One night, I called to the front desk to see if we could get a blanket. Our room did not come with a comforter or blanket on the bed. The girl promised to have one brought to us right away. The blanket was never brought. I tried to call back multiple times and never received an answer. The next day, I called to ask them to leave one when they came to clean our room, and the girl told me if I wanted one, I would have to come to the front desk and get one myself. This wasn't a big deal, it was just not great service.

The casino we were not happy with at all. The dealers at the roulette and blackjack tables were rude and unfriendly. It was next to impossible to get any kind of drink. We went to the Horseshoe casino and the dealers were amazing compared to Boomtown.

One plus for this hotel was the 24-hour snack restaurant. My husband and I chose to eat their two nights of our trip just because the food was so good.

Overall, the stay was just okay. For the money, we would probably stay somewhere else next time, just because of the issues with the casino and the lack of great service that we felt we should have gotten for what we paid.

Room Tip: The bottom floor smelled really smoky because of the proximity to the casino (I think). The rooms on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Temple, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We booked the room 2 months in advance and called at least 3 times to verify our late checkin since we were driving from central Texas, but when we arrived we were told that we didn't have a room. They offered to give us a room at a different hotel by the airport, but the reason we wanted to stay in the casino hotel was so we didn't have to cart ourselves back and forth to the casino wasting money on gas we could be spending in the casino. They finally offered us a handicapped room on the smoking floor, but only after we expressed our frustration multiple times and asked for the manager that didn't show up. We didn't mind the smoking room since we are smokers, but the entire floor smelled like a dirty bathroom. I thought maybe it was because they had a leak since there were wet floor signs everywhere you looked, but the hallway in front of the steakhouse smelled the same so I think it may be whatever cleaning supplies they use on the floors. The handicap room we stayed in was okay, but the bathroom floor was covered in water and very slippery because the shower doesnt have a lip on it to make it handicap accessable. I would suggest they put a drain in the floor and not just in the shower.
We stayed with another couple and while the wives were in the casino, the fire alarm went off in the hotel. Our husbands were evacuated from the hotel, but found out from a man who frequently stays at the hotel that its pretty common for there to be a false alarm in the middle of the night. We didn't hear a thing in the casino which is not surprising - casinos are loud, especially this one.
The service staff were extremely nice, the food was really good, and the casino was great despite the fact we didn't come home with any winnings. Our only problem is with the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Only stayed here because room was complimentary. Room not very clean. Drapes torn, dusty furniture, hair in sink. Lots of children left unattended, loud, running in halls, banging on walls, etc. Towels old and frayed. Would not pay to stay here.

It was Friday night and the buffet had a seafood. spread. Food just terrible and at over $23, a complete rip off. Only good thing was that it was complimentary.

Room Tip: There all noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Bedford, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We received the room for free because my wife loves the slots. I would not stay here if I had to pay the rates that they ask on their web site. It is a nice room with a comfortable bed. We were upgraded to what they call a suite which is really just the exact same room with an odd shaped garden tub. The tub looks very inviting but if you are over 5' 6" it is not an enjoyable experience. There is a nice large shower in the bathroom The room is on the small side but the AC works good and there is a ceiling fan. There is also a mini fridge in the room. Room was very clean and in good repair. There are nicer places to stay in town for less money but if you like to gamble spend your money here and they will comp you. There is decent buffet and the slots allow you to play. I would definitely stay here again if the room was comped but would not spend over $100 a night to stay here.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the first floor. It is very convenient to go to the casino but there are a lot...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leander Tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

stayed @ Boomtown La. June 4 thru 6 it was pretty bad....smoked soaked room that was rented to us as smoke free made us physically sick.. expensive rent for condition.. whiskers in the sink. dusty floors furniture...kids from other guests running the hallways very noisy! Lousy food..doughy pancakes over salted meat..horrible & expensive! casino boring! poor pay-outs! .recommend you DONT stay here..

Room Tip: stay somewhere else..go over to Diamond Jacks big difference!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We chose this place due to complimentary rooms from previous visits. We arrived later than we thought we would so I called and they had cancelled our reservations. After that the front desk help was rude do to an under staffing issue. Next I went to the cafe to eat and food was good service was awful! I recently had foot surgery so being on crutches none of the 5 employees that watched me fix my drink offered to help! Again I'm on crutches carting a coke!!! Not an easy task. But I had to eat even tho my husband was at work!!

• Stayed May 2013
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We booked here since we had free rooms as repeat customers. I would have paid for something else in town frankly. Chipped paint in the shower and dirt in the grout. A curtain that did not stay in place and ballooned out when the shower was on a standard sized tub. Lots of hot water. Tile floor was clean. Small bathroom 8X10 at most. 1.6 gallon gravity flush American Standard toilet. Vanity is on the outside and is a carpeted area asking for stains. Simulated marble top and mirror. Shampoo and hair conditioner and hand lotion as amenities. 6 cup coffeemaker. 46 inch TV with internet TV. They have WIFI at 9.95 for four hours they said. No thanks. Clean linens. New carpet. Ceiling is silk covering some rooms have a standard blown ceiling. Two full beds not queens. Furniture resembles something you get at garage sales from the 1960s. Some of the hardware in the rooms like fixtures look like the 1960s as well. Picture frame missing with holders still on the wall. You have a phone and alarm clock but the clock was unplugged and the phone was very cheap and hard to find which buttons controlled what. No room service here. Lots of closet space. Full iron and ironing board.
There are only two elevators up and down and you have to wait awhile.
Drinks and ice on every floor by machine. Seemed easy to hear people in the hall but not so much between rooms. Good central air conditioning.
However, I wish I had paid to stay somewhere else but it was free so I just closed my eyes. Cattlemans Buffet is excellent and they have a brunch every day from 8-10:30 in the same place. They also have a restaurant for steaks but we did not use it. Bar in front as you enter.
You can walk to your room easily from the casino which is small but has lots of table games and slots. Valet parking or self park. Big garage attached to hotel. A 2.5 star experience for sure.

Room Tip: Room with pool view is better than front rooms because the sun comes up and faces the rooms on the e...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Boomtown Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!