“Speechless horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Boomtown Hotel Casino

Save Saved
You added Boomtown Hotel Casino to your Saves list
Boomtown Hotel Casino
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Riverside Drive, Bossier City, LA 71111 (Formerly Casino Magic)   |
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Dallas, Texas
“Speechless horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

First check in time is at 4.. We tried to check in at 4:30 and rooms not ready yet. Anyway we waited in one room till the other was clean at 5:00. Make a long story short when we tried to go to sleep our bed had never been cleaned the sheets had been soiled and stains all over them. Two sheets lay on top of mattress cover that was soiled with what we thought looked like blood and urine. I was speechless. My husband said we payed 200.00 for this..The mattess cover was not even on the mattress it hung from the side. Yes I took pictures and I still can't believe this is what that offered in return.. A comp breakfast. I would have immedeanty left but our family was across the hall asleep. The next morning I asked to speak to the manager and the desk cleark said are you room 321?? So they already knew I was upset. I told them I wasn't paying for this an to return my money immediately. I showed him the pictures and he replied " How Disgusting". He said he returned my money but I still haven't received it. I would recommend the Horseshoe Casino.. It's awesome very clean... If they would of had a room available we would of never stayed here at Boomtown. Wouldn't recommend Boomtown really bad. I've never complained about a Hotel in my life.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mandeville Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This had to be the worst buffet I have ever been to & I have eaten at a lot of casino buffets! I was hard pressed to find one thing on the buffet that I liked except maybe the mashed potatoes. I was looking forward to some good boiled shrimp, fried fish & crab legs. Well they had all those foods but they were not good, they were all undercooked or bland. Even the dessert choices were not very tasty. All in all I would say avoid this buffet especially for the cost of about $25 per person. There are just too many other restaurant choices to have to settle for a bad, expensive meal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Boomtown hotel was very great. Staff at the front desk were great and there to help you in every way they could. Restaurant wise your better off eating some where else. The cashier at the buffet at night was so rude. When we asked her how the groupon coupon worked. She rolled her eyes and said something under her breathe. The servers at buffet all helped us bad the girl need some manners But the girls at peetes coffee are a joy also at sportdog. So you want stay there a night so will enjoy but dine some where else.

• Stayed March 2013
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Visited Boomtown Hotel and Casino twice in the last year. If you are there for just the Casino, then it has mostly slots from penny slots on up. Try your luck, they have some good payouts. Suggest you get a "My Choice" card before you start to play. When you play enough you qualify for a free buffet which is some good eating! If you are staying at the hotel, the rooms do have smoking and non-smoking, and the ones I've stayed in had a large King size bed with lots of pillows, a large in-room jacuzzi, a large flat screen TV (with HBO, ESPN, and good news channels). I had no complaints. The only thing to remember about the casinos are they allow smoking and it can stick to your clothes in the room. Overall, always a great time.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep in a bit, housekeeping starts near elevators and work toward other end...so, ju...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I don't think casino hotel rooms are meant to be for hanging out, but if you do want to stay in the room then you can relax in the hot tub right in the room and watch tv. The rooms are clean and very nice. I suggest the king bed. The bath room is nice with a glass walk-in shower that even has a seating area inside if you want to sit and steam. There is a nice workout room and pool area with a hot tub as well.The casino is close and they buffet is very good. I go here about once a month and never have to pay for my room because I play in the casino with my rewards card and they give me free rooms two night a month. The only catch is that the free room is only for Monday-Thursday. I only have one issue with my stays. The noise from other guest in the hallways can sometimes be loud. I think they need more sound resistant room doors. Other than that it's a great property.

The statements in my reviews are true and are solely based on my own personal travel experiences and therefore do not reflect the views or opinions of other travelers whom have been here before me.
Mark Bacot

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Rowlett, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was my first stay at Boomtown - Bossier City, and I was pleasantly surprised with all aspects of my stay at this hotel.

Check-in was handled efficiently by a reasonably pleasant front desk person. My room was a superior king non-smoking room and it provided very comfortable and spacious accommodations. The room was tastefully furnished and noticeably larger than a typical standard hotel room, had a large king bed, an in-room jacuzzi tub (complete with a rubber duck), a glass-topped work table, large flat screen TV, large glass topped dresser, glass-topped service unit with small fridge and in-room coffee maker, small standard closet, and bath with shower. Bath amenities were provided. In-room climate control worked well on this chilly winter night.

Everything in the room was in excellent shape, with no noticeable signs of wear and tear anywhere. The room was spotless, as was the bathroom.

Only four minor issues, none of which affected my rating of this property:

- There was only one outlet near the work table, and one of the two receptacles was taken up by the plug for the desk lamp. It would have been nice to have more outlets available - for computer, phone, and such.

- The chair for the work desk was a standard side chair rather than an office desk chair. As such, the height could not be adjusted, and it sat quite low relative to the top of the work surface. It would make sense for this hotel to replace these chairs with ones that can be adjusted, as most other similar properties do.

- There was quite a bit of noise in the corridor in the morning - kids running up and down, people chatting - and the noise carried well into the room. I didn't complain about the noise, but I mention it in case noise is an issue for other potential guests. I did not, however, hear any noise from the adjacent rooms, suggesting that either the other guests were real quiet or the walls have adequate soundproofing.

- WiFi access is charged at $9.95/day. Since many hotels and motels offer this for free, having to pay $9.95/day seems slightly annoying. I carry my own hotspot to avoid such charges when I run into them.

This was my first stay here at Boomtown. I've stayed a couple of times up the road at Diamond Jack's, and between these two properties, Boomtown is the clear choice. Diamond Jack's is a decent property but not exceptional. Boomtown is noticeably better overall.

I will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights from Boxing day with my sister-in-laws family. We had 2 double rooms which were a good size. First time staying here. Good location. Close to all the other casino hotels. Prize for the rooms was OK considering it was the holiday season. Tried the buffet on the first night. Good selection. The desserts were great. Tried the casino which was very good. The only downside was that they allowed smoking which put us off as none of us smoked. We were only tthere for the casinos and had travelled from Texas. We had an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: room location doesn't matter as you don't spend much time in them.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Boomtown Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!