This is a very standard, middle-of-the-road casino hotel. It was clean, quiet and comfortable, but not exceptional in any way. We booked the room online for a one-night stay and got a very good price, and so for a decent night's sleep it was a good value.
From the large parking lot the hotel lobby is accessed via the casino, which is pretty standard for casino hotels; it means you're hiking your luggage a bit from parking to the hotel. The front desk staff was competent though not effusive. The very large "two queen bed" room had obviously been updated recently, which was nice.
The location is across the river from downtown Shreveport along Casino row, so it's not really in walking distance to anything of interest but it's an easy drive from the hotel to anything in Shreveport.
Though not enamored with this hotel the only complaint I have is that wifi is not free. Otherwise we received a standard modern hotel room at a good price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly remodeled guest rooms at Boomtown are just steps away from all of the casino action, yet tucked away in a sanctuary where you can recharge. Our 186 rooms include 88 garden suites and four suites. Each room features plush new pillow top mattresses, Plasma TVs and brand new furniture and spacious bathrooms with marble granite finishes and includes a variety of convenient in-room amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Boomtown Hotel Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boomtown Hotel Bossier City
- Boomtown Bossier City
- Boomtown Casino Hotel
- Boomtown Casino Bossier City