“On the Interstate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Padre Island, TX
“On the Interstate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel seems to be a work in progress. Construction materials litter the grounds and extend to the parking areas. The room we had was in much need of repair and updating. It had a kitchen but no coffee maker or on room coffee. The refrigerator had a foul odor as did the room. The carpet was worn and out dated. Only one reason to stay here is availability.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MainStay S, General Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bossier City, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Checked in on my anniversary July 4. To start off we had to get up some stairs thatseemed to be made for children,The small stairwells made it very hard to go up with luggage.The first thing my wife frowned on was the noisy bathroom vent. Next was the not dirty, but filthy air condition vent near the bathroom. Afterwards was the closet door that had two doors, but only one would open. We got through the first night (so I thought) to hear loud music at 1 am. Next was houskeeping banging on the door at 9am. We had to threaten to call the office to get her to come back to half way clean the room.That's just day one. The real problem came after we called for towels at 8am, only to have to call back hours later and be answered by a seemingly aggrevated office manager. Towels came 5 hrs later- no service to room and the water wasn't working for about a half hour. i'll stop there now because I'm getting more pissed the more I type cause I'm still in the hotel and the trip "WILL" be cut short!!! THANKS FOR NOTHING MAINSTAY!!!

Room Tip: stay away at all costs
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

this place was nice for the price. there was some remodeling going but our room was nice. unlike the other reviews our room didn't smell and had clean sheets. the AC work wonderful the microwave work there was even a coffee pot dishwasher and full size stove. the fridgerator was like a house. Our room nor did the fridge smell when you open it up but could use a wiping on top. there were signs of remodeling in the room fresh carpet ,fresh paint,... however being a painter, I noticed that the ceiling was not cut in around the smoke detector. the front door could have used some work as well as the toilet paper holders in the bathroom. the door to the air conditioning unit was dirty... but overall the room was nice I would stay there again. Maby have a new owners they just need some time to fix it up. the free breakfast was good and the staff was very courteous and friendly. didn't swim in the pool but it looks nice is well. as far as parking goes there could be a little more. we stayed in room 223 and the noise from i-20 was annoying but I slept well. the outside have been freshly painted and look nice however there were some trim that was forgotten. I do believe there needs to be better quality control after the rooms have been completed. but for the overall price this day was
nice.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review regarding your stay at our hotel.
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

1. Dirty-not vacuumed, surfaces not cleaned
2. Beat up and run down. Furniture abused etc.
3. Disorganized- staff put queen sheet on king bed and left it hanging half off.
4. Tacky-I knew when I walked in and saw the condoms for sale at the front desk that I had screwed up. Obviously not run by someone who has a solid grasp on things.

• Stayed June 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

For our recent reservation, we were "upgraded" to a "penthouse suite." What a joke. This room was in horrible need of a renovation and thorough cleaning.
Starting with the room door, 30% of the paint was peeled off (looked like a workshed door), the door didn't fit the frame correctly (you could see a lot of light around it), and the lock felt flimsy at best.
The smoke alarm was hanging from its wires.
The electrical outlet plates on the walls were barely attached and askew (showing the space behind it).
Found a few bugs on the bed.
The walls were stained and dirty.
The downstairs couch and chair were very stained (we used a sheet over it as a cover).
To boot, a large party in the adjacent building was partying late into the night in the courtyard, very noisy. Also, the nearby interstate noise was so loud it kept us from sleeping well.
At checkout, when I told the front desk clerk about all the above, her response was that this was a 30-year-old hotel with 1-year-old new owners and these things "take time to fix." At this rate, they won't have any customers by the time they get around to fixing things up.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wichita, KS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We checked in and found our Executive Suite unmade. Called the office at 4:30 pm and let them know. The said they would send housekeeping. We headed to Saturday evening mass, dinner and returned at 8pm to the same unmade unclean room. Desk clerk said Sorry, I don't know how they keep this place open. I don't know what to tell you. I asked if they could move us she said no there was nothing available. I took sheets and towels and made my own bed. In the morning I spoke to the manager and said there was no way I was paying for a room I had to clean and make up myself, she said she couldn't do that. The room would have to be paid for. I reluctantly paid. The hotel looked very nice on the exterior. It was a residence type hotel, kitchen cabinet where glasses were kept had a box of mouse poisoning and I know why. The cabinet drawer under the stove had mouse tracings. Lots of them. The curtains were hanging by 3 drape hooks. General upkeep of rooms were poor at best. Carpet was moldy by the window and closet door was off the track and propped. I would think it was on the middle of remodeling but we ran into folks at breakfast the next morning and they let us look at their regular suite and theirs was not any different other than their bed was made for them and they only had dirty dishes in the cupboard, no mouse poison.

On the positive, lobby was clean and beautifully modern. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed March 2013
Houma, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Overall we were satisfied with the rooms. We had two rooms - a 2 bedroom suite and King Bed suite. The 2 bedroom suite was in pretty good condition. The king suite had a few issues. The bathroom wasnt too clean. There was mold surrounding the AC vent in the bathroom. The door that housed the AC unit was covered with dust and the vent cover was broken. The fridge had a smell when you opened it.

Would I stay there again.. Yes but not in that particular room unless they fix some of the issue.

Also.. dont expect to feed a family of 3 - there was only one fork, one spoon, and one knife.. :)

And the swimming pool and hot tub were closed for the season (to be opened May 1) but that thing was so disgusting that i dont recommend anyone swim in it even after its cleaned and opened. There was a thick slimy film covering the hot tub and both were so green you couldnt see the bottom.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!