“BE CAREFUL!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“BE CAREFUL!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel is an old Residence Inn that has being turned into a Main Stay but it is far from over or complete. There is much to be done.

The whole look of the complex is dirty and rundown. There was trash on the sidewalks and stairs. There seemed to be people living in the property full time.

My room which was quite large had the flat screen television hanging half off of the wall.. The furniture was dirty and worn. The front staff seemed a bit disinterested.

I support the hotel in their efforts to upgrade their property but I would urge them to hurry with the work. This hotel is not worth staying at until the work is done.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Terry, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

The Mainstay would be a descent choice for a construction worker in the area for the week. The place shows signs of wear tear. The motel is a group of closely situated buildings similar to lower quality patio homes. They are one bedroom suites with ample space including a double bed, a couch with sitting area and a full kitchen including dishwasher. The quality of accommodations is poor primarily due to wear and maintenance. Trash litters the sidewalks and there was a beer bottle sitting on the patio of our room. We booked this accommodation through a "name your own price" website that rated this place 2 1/2 stars. They missed the rating badly. A fair rating would have been 1 1/2 stars. Since we got a rate of $55/night, I feel we got our money's worth. However, I would not choose this place again for a one stopover. There are too many better choices in the area for a little higher price.

• Stayed October 2012
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Mainstay Suites in Bossier City Sucks !!!! Make sure you never stay there. Hotel was dirty and falling apart. We rented a 2 bedroom suite with 2 baths only put us 4 towels total. No mattress on the sofa bed, ran out of propane for the grill, wire brush to clean the grill looked like someone brushed a dog with it. We paid full price and got [--] service and filty - DON'T STAY THERE.
Called to complain said since we didn't notify them we would be more than one person (default setting on reservation system I guess - why would I get a room with 3 beds and 2 bathrooms???)
no recourse - I guess this is the only way I can get some satisfaction.

Thanks
Charlotte Clavier

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Richland Hills, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I booked this room through an online deal where they keep the hotel name secret until you actually book and pay for the trip, so I didn't really expect anything when I got there. I have to say that I really enjoyed my two night stay at this hotel. The room is very spacious, had a fireplace, flat screen tv mounted on the wall, nice size full kitchen with pots and pans, etc. Air conditioning worked perfectly, the room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable! The vanity area is a nice size as well. There is a free breakfast offered (the day we stayed they had sausage, omelets, waffles, bagels, cereal, grits or oatmeal, etc). Pool area is very nice, it actually lights up different colors which is really pretty at night. I really enjoyed my stay here and will definitely book again for my future stays to Shreveport/Bossier.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

First, the suites were huge. Our room had two beds on the main floor (one a sofa bed) and a kingsize bed upstairs. There were two bathrooms (one on each floor), a kitchen, a sitting area, 2 TVs. Air conditioning worked well. It would be a good place for a family to stay. The bed was comfortable.

On the down side:
- The decor was dated and run down
- Some of our neighbors thought partying outside their room was the thing to do. The rooms were quiet enough that the noise didn't bother us, but it was messy outside afterward.
- The shower in the downstairs bathroom didn't work properly.
- The setting of the property wasn't the most pleasant. But it is popular, with several other hotels in the immediate vicinity, another new one being constructed next door.
- The breakfast was minimal; the first morning the potatoes I got were dried out, having sat out too long.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel had a nice lay out as far as rooms. Full kitchen,living room and nice size bathroom. My #1 complaint was the sheets either were not washed between guest or was pulled out of stoarage. It was clear they were not freshly washed, really grossed me out. The bathoom floor was sticky as if cough medicine has been split on it. I really had to wonder If the cleaning staff was not taking short cuts by not changing out bed sheets. My only other complaint was for a woman traveling alone it was dangerous. The room numbers were not clearly marked. The only way I could see the room numbers require I roam around in the dark going room to room. Now for the positive. This could be a nice hotel for the price. The rooms were not all that unclean as the only areas I had complaints about was the sheets and bathroom floor. You just can't get around clean sheets! I would suggest that management do some spot checks to be sure sheets are being changed out between guest. Also put up some clear markings so guest can find the rooms at night. Now if your the guest I Woukd suggest you Check your sheets upon arrival and request clean sheets if you find they appear unwashed. As the title states, it could be really nice with better oversight.

• Stayed June 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I've never stayed at a MainStay Suites before and was really surprised at the room, especially after some of the recent bad reviews. The Bossier city lowest-rate room is basically a furnished efficiency apartment. Full kitchen (with oven/stove, full sized refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher), office area with internet, small living room, big screen TV, comfy Queen sized bed, and a large vanity area in the bathroom. The hotel grounds appear to be an old apartment complex with separate buildings. Lots of amenities, including Hot Breakfast.
The only down side was the guy working the counter when I checked in Monday night June 11. Either he was having a bad day, or just generally not very personable. I hope I just caught him on a bad day.

Room Tip: I'd suggest staying in a unit away from the pool - was very noisy.