“New, comfortable, clean and quiet!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2691 Viking Drive, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“New, comfortable, clean and quiet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very clean and comfortable place to stay! Good restaurants nearby...one (Nicky's Mexican) right in the parking lot and you get 15% off if you are staying at the hotel! 10% off at Ruby Tueday up the road! That was a nice bonus! The hotel staff was very friendly and efficient. This is in a safe area to stay which is not always the case in the Shreveport/Bossier City area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here one night for a triathlon. The place was overrun with triathletes but the staff was composed and very accommodating. Breakfast was open early before our race and checkout was extended because we couldn't get back from the race in time. Staff even let me back in the room to shower after my husband checked out to early. The place was clean and had a huge, nicely decorated area for breakfast. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel is spotless. It still has that "new hotel smell." All the staff were incredibly positive and helpful - front desk, room cleaning, and food area. My room was perfect - clean and comfortable. Tons of nice towels, all the amenities and little extras - nice shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mouthwash, body wash, 2 soaps, etc.
The location was fantastic for my purpose and, as an added bonus, there is a Nicky's Mexican restaurant right next door. The only downside is that the restaurant is noisy on Saturday (music, karaoke and whooping) at night til 10:30. I was in room 304, so you may want to avoid the side next to the restaurant.

Room Tip: don't stay on the side with the restaurant if you care about noise until 10:30pm.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always found it to be clean and comfortable and my recent stay was no exception. Our room was very clean and well stocked.
The check-in process was slow but acceptable.
The only thing that keeps this review from being Excellent is the breakfast. The breakfast at this hotel is terrible and not up to what I have become accustomed to for a Hampton Inn. The service was aweful, the food was, well, not there! My wife and I arreved at the breakfast area at about 9:20am on a Saturday. The area appeared a though no one had tended to it all morning. The only fruit was two rotten oranges in a basket. The "Hot" options were french toast sticks and sausage. There were 3 french toast sticks that were hard and had obviously been there since 6am. There were two dried out sausage patties. So, we thought we would have a waffle. Well, no butter and no syrup (except two packets of sugar-free). My wife knocked on the door of the service area and an employee answered and said the were out of regular syrup and she went back into the room and closed the door.
Needless to say, we decided to have breakfast elsewhere. There is an iHop less than 3 miles south on Airline. iHop is a much better option. Its just too bad that we had to pay for a breakfast that didn't exist. One might say that the breakfast was free anyway but that is not true. It is included in the price of your room so you are paying for it and not receiving what you have paid for.
Other than the terrible breakfast, the hotel is a very good night's stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family and I were in Shreveport for a family reunion and since we always enjoy our stay at a Hampton Inn & Suites we decided to stay here. The hotel in general has nice decor like all the other fairly new hotels but I didn't like the location of the hotel. It was right next to a highway which turned out not to be too bad because I-220 isn't that busy of a highway.

It was located around a lot of eating places but it was entirely too close to this Mexican restaurant that played loud live music at night. I would recommend asking for a room on the west side of the hotel away from the Mexican restaurant. The good thing about the location was that it wasn't far from downtown where the Boardwalk is. For some reason I thought there was going to be a hot tub by the outdoor pool but there wasn't, so that was a little bit of a bummer!

The main reason we choose Hampton is because they all offer free hot breakfast and free wifi in the rooms if your a HHonors member, I think. Not sure if everyone else gets free wifi in the room. We have two kids and so having free breakfast is very convenient and we don't have to worry about finding them something to eat in the mornings. The breakfast is always just okay; never too good, never too bad! Buy hey, it's good enough. But there was a lady by the name of Rhonda who was the breakfast lady and she was very sweet and every morning she made sure we had what we needed.

The staff was friendly and helpful as always when we stay at a Hampton. The rooms are nicely decorated, with a microwave and refrigerator which are a plus for me. The beds were fairly comfortable. I didn't wake up with a back ache so there you go. Maid Service always made sure we had fresh, clean towels and straightened beds after we came back from a long day out. But one of the problems I encountered happened on an accident. I accidentally spilled something on the bathroom floor and when I went to ripe it up, needless to say, the tile floors weren't clean at all! I'm a germaphobic and so I immediately took a wet towel, doused it in soap and proceeded to mop the floor myself. The floor obviously hadn't been moped in a very long time.

The other problem happened on the very last day of our stay. Early in the morning around 5 or 6 I smelled this awful smell (diarrhea). I thought it was my husband or one of my kids but after I confronted my husband and he denied it being him, I just tried to go back to sleep. Since I couldn't go back to sleep, the smell just kept getting worse. Finally around 8 that morning I realized it wasn't coming from our room. I'm not sure where it was coming from, but wherever it was coming from it made us decide to check out early and head home. The walls were very thin as well. We arrived during the week so there weren't many guests beside our room but after a couple of days we could hear everything. One morning I could here the neighbor blow drying her hair early in the morning like around 7 and I could even hear it when she put it down on the counter. Now that's too thin of walls!

So, I would say my stay wasn't a total bust but I've been to better Hampton Inns and definitely better hotels.

Room Tip: Request a room on the southwest side of the hotel furthest away from the highway. If you haven't...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We were in town for a funeral and stayed at Hampton Inn. It is new so very clean, modern furnishings. Beds are new pillowtop, very comfy. Desk attendants seem poorly trained. Check in was chaotic. The guy was friendly but was very stressed by having 3 guests checking in tho no one was rushing him. Later when we had no hot water, he suggested we let it run a while. Gee, why didn't I think of that! After a cold shower I called to complain. Miraculously it got hot and stayed hot the rest of our stay. Management deserves cudos for offering a bereavement rate when he learned the reason for our stay. Very nice and appreciated!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive

Address: 2691 Viking Drive, Bossier City, LA 71111
Location: United States > Louisiana > Bossier City
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.