“Great Hotel, Lousy Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2691 Viking Drive, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Katy, Texas
“Great Hotel, Lousy Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always found it to be clean and comfortable and my recent stay was no exception. Our room was very clean and well stocked.
The check-in process was slow but acceptable.
The only thing that keeps this review from being Excellent is the breakfast. The breakfast at this hotel is terrible and not up to what I have become accustomed to for a Hampton Inn. The service was aweful, the food was, well, not there! My wife and I arreved at the breakfast area at about 9:20am on a Saturday. The area appeared a though no one had tended to it all morning. The only fruit was two rotten oranges in a basket. The "Hot" options were french toast sticks and sausage. There were 3 french toast sticks that were hard and had obviously been there since 6am. There were two dried out sausage patties. So, we thought we would have a waffle. Well, no butter and no syrup (except two packets of sugar-free). My wife knocked on the door of the service area and an employee answered and said the were out of regular syrup and she went back into the room and closed the door.
Needless to say, we decided to have breakfast elsewhere. There is an iHop less than 3 miles south on Airline. iHop is a much better option. Its just too bad that we had to pay for a breakfast that didn't exist. One might say that the breakfast was free anyway but that is not true. It is included in the price of your room so you are paying for it and not receiving what you have paid for.
Other than the terrible breakfast, the hotel is a very good night's stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My family and I were in Shreveport for a family reunion and since we always enjoy our stay at a Hampton Inn & Suites we decided to stay here. The hotel in general has nice decor like all the other fairly new hotels but I didn't like the location of the hotel. It was right next to a highway which turned out not to be too bad because I-220 isn't that busy of a highway.

It was located around a lot of eating places but it was entirely too close to this Mexican restaurant that played loud live music at night. I would recommend asking for a room on the west side of the hotel away from the Mexican restaurant. The good thing about the location was that it wasn't far from downtown where the Boardwalk is. For some reason I thought there was going to be a hot tub by the outdoor pool but there wasn't, so that was a little bit of a bummer!

The main reason we choose Hampton is because they all offer free hot breakfast and free wifi in the rooms if your a HHonors member, I think. Not sure if everyone else gets free wifi in the room. We have two kids and so having free breakfast is very convenient and we don't have to worry about finding them something to eat in the mornings. The breakfast is always just okay; never too good, never too bad! Buy hey, it's good enough. But there was a lady by the name of Rhonda who was the breakfast lady and she was very sweet and every morning she made sure we had what we needed.

The staff was friendly and helpful as always when we stay at a Hampton. The rooms are nicely decorated, with a microwave and refrigerator which are a plus for me. The beds were fairly comfortable. I didn't wake up with a back ache so there you go. Maid Service always made sure we had fresh, clean towels and straightened beds after we came back from a long day out. But one of the problems I encountered happened on an accident. I accidentally spilled something on the bathroom floor and when I went to ripe it up, needless to say, the tile floors weren't clean at all! I'm a germaphobic and so I immediately took a wet towel, doused it in soap and proceeded to mop the floor myself. The floor obviously hadn't been moped in a very long time.

The other problem happened on the very last day of our stay. Early in the morning around 5 or 6 I smelled this awful smell (diarrhea). I thought it was my husband or one of my kids but after I confronted my husband and he denied it being him, I just tried to go back to sleep. Since I couldn't go back to sleep, the smell just kept getting worse. Finally around 8 that morning I realized it wasn't coming from our room. I'm not sure where it was coming from, but wherever it was coming from it made us decide to check out early and head home. The walls were very thin as well. We arrived during the week so there weren't many guests beside our room but after a couple of days we could hear everything. One morning I could here the neighbor blow drying her hair early in the morning like around 7 and I could even hear it when she put it down on the counter. Now that's too thin of walls!

So, I would say my stay wasn't a total bust but I've been to better Hampton Inns and definitely better hotels.

Room Tip: Request a room on the southwest side of the hotel furthest away from the highway. If you haven't...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

We were in town for a funeral and stayed at Hampton Inn. It is new so very clean, modern furnishings. Beds are new pillowtop, very comfy. Desk attendants seem poorly trained. Check in was chaotic. The guy was friendly but was very stressed by having 3 guests checking in tho no one was rushing him. Later when we had no hot water, he suggested we let it run a while. Gee, why didn't I think of that! After a cold shower I called to complain. Miraculously it got hot and stayed hot the rest of our stay. Management deserves cudos for offering a bereavement rate when he learned the reason for our stay. Very nice and appreciated!

• Stayed June 2012
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I arrived for a late check in and was greeted with a friendly face. The clerk was having difficulty getting the computer system to cooperate with her however didn't skip a beat and checked me in right away. Despite the hiccups she still informed me about the free breakfast served in the AM and was very friendly. I also noticed a mexican restaurant next door however didn't get a chance to try it. Hotel was very clean and new. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Houma, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend of may 12th 2012, it was very nice rooms and very very clean, they breakfast staff and breakfast was the best but watch the the quacks behind the desk they over charged our debit account, and they just had no clue!!!!!! i know that we are from down south and have a cajun accent but damn!!! i felt like we needed a pass port to be their talking too them quacks, where do they find these people of excuse me kids!!!!!!!

Room Tip: our room was facing west and was very scenic view and less noisy........
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Leesburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stay in Hamptons fairly regularly and the hotels are usually on par with each other. This was the case in Bossier City with the exception of breakfast. I went for breakfast about an hour before breakfast ends and there was no food, no coffee and the buffet was a mess. I asked the attendant about the food and she offered a pastry. Why didn't she have food out? Seemed to me she didn't care. Well, we left, bought breakfast elsewhere and will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive

Address: 2691 Viking Drive, Bossier City, LA 71111
Location: United States > Louisiana > Bossier City
Ranked #5 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hampton Inn & Suites Shreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.