“Do NOT waste your money on this dump!” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Shreveport - Bossier City
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   210 John Wesley Blvd, Bossier City, LA 71112   |
Ranked #29 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Do NOT waste your money on this dump!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

I don't evern know where to start.... The room was very small. There was a cigarette burn in the comforter.. There was a USED towel under the edge of the bed. I also saw two roaches in the room. I could not even go down the stairs without a crowd of men having to move out of the way because they were just "hanging out." When I passed by them they replied with, " Hey girl, whats your name? Cant speak? " Around 6 o clock the noise level gets really loud. It looked like people were partying or living in there rooms... (They were having fish fries outside of the room) I was scared to death to sleep at night,, and have a mentioned how LOUD it is? People are so rude. Also If you forget shampoo you have to pay $2.50 for it out of the vending machine,, which is a sqeeze pack worth about 0.25. I wouuld NOT advise staying here. They only reason we stayed here was because everywhere else was booked... I would have been better off sleeping in my car!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

I had been in Florida picking up my son and his new wife. It was late and we where tired so we just stopped. Its right off the main highway. Also i had stayed at Motel 6 in Kansas and it was really nice. We asked for 2 no smoking king size beds. The girl in the office was very nice, but when we got to our rooms they smelt like an old ash tray. I am head housekeeper for a small motel in Utah. So I pulled back my sheets and found them covered with black hair and dead skin. and on the other side there was fecal matter where someone had rubbed their bare butte. The blanket was stained and gross.
I went down and got new sheets and had to remake my bed. The bathroom was clean. In my son's room we also had to strip the bed and there was a bullet hole in his window. the girl in the office tried to tell me it wasn't, but my son said mom I was in Iraq i know what a bullet hole looks like. Some guy kept driving around the motel and i thought he might be checking the cars out in the parking lot...I couldn't sleep most of the night , I would have left it it wasn't so late..PS you have to buy you shampoo and soap in the vending machine!!!!!!!!!! It was a nightmare...I was on the road for a week super * was the best price and way nice rooms

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
burrit
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

I stayed at this motel over the memorial day weekend. Guess what it is not worth the money. The rooms are too small and we don't even want to take about the bathroom. Upon my arrival my room was not even ready.They informed me that it would be about an hour to get it cleaned up and ready. What did I do during that time. I look for another place to stay. Unfornuntely every other hotel was booked. So I had no choice ,but to stay there. My experience at the motel became worse as the night went on people were outside partying and making loud noises outside my room . So I called the desk clerk to complain ,but that only helped a little. The noise continued into the night. My advice don't go cheap you get what you pay for. I've learned my lesson.

• Liked — internet access
  • Disliked — the room and loud guest
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
little rock
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2006

Me, my boyfriend, and his friend were vacationing down in Galveston when a tropical storm hit. We were in tents and they were pretty much destroyed due to the 20-30 mile an hour winds. So we packed up and headed halfway home stopping at the cheapest motel we could find...unfortunately that was motel 6. We stayed one night without any problems-- didn't mind the neighbors, the rude staff, or even the fact that we didnt have any towels or soap. So we decided to stay another night to go see the sights in bossier city.
The second night we were there though things started going amiss--some local teenagers decided to have a party two doors down from our room. We didnt complain about the noise but only stepped outside to see what was going on. Finally the manager stepped outside to demand that they should be quiet--when they blatently refused to be quiet, she kicked them out and called the police. Next thing my room knows the cops are pounding on our door. They maneuver their way inside and start interrogating us. They accused us of being involved with the party and started searching our room without probable cause or consent. At 1:00 in the morning after thirty minutes of questioning and harassment--they kicked us out of the hotel strictly because the manager (who couldnt even see our room from where she was standing) claimed that they had been trafficing in and out of our room. The police forced us to leave and watched us as we packed up--we were rushed so badly that I left my wallet containing about $350 and my boyfriend's friend left his laptop and a watch. My boyfriend left his shoes and his blackberry cell phone---he was barefoot the whole way home. We were also NOT allowed to come back and retrieve our belongings. We did not get our money back and are still in the process of filing complaints and possibly filing a lawsuit.

Stayed June 2006
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2004

We stayed at this hotel the night of 7-24-04. When we arrived, we knew we had made a mistake. The looks of the other people that were staying at this hotel was concerning. Our room was so tiny. It was not very dirty which was surprising. But there were all kinds of mosquitoes and bugs in the bathroom. We noticed we had no towels. The front desk gave us two. We had five people who needed towels. They weren't concerned. That was all they had and we were out of luck. They were happy to collect our $65.00 but couldn't care less what happened to us after that. Fortunately we brought our wave machine to knock out noise from all the people who wanted to be out late yelling and being rude. When it comes to hotels, it just isn't smart to try to save money. Pay the extra and avoid this dump!