“Comfortable, clean, good location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
New Orleans
“Comfortable, clean, good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We only stayed one night for a youth tournament, but it was a great hotel. Very clean, spacious, adequate breakfast, very convenient to I-20 and LOTS of restaurants. There's a steak place next door and a seafood restaurant across the street, if you don't want to take the car out. The hotel staff was very friendly, and the fridge in the room was a welcome perk.

Room Tip: Our room was next to the elevator and ice machine and still very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Tricia C, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bossier City, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice review. We love getting nice comments and hope that you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Texarkana, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012 via mobile

We walked in to a shockingly small room, but we'll look past that (my husband says I'm a snob). The first problem was there was no seat on our toilet. There was, however, a brand new one on the floor. My husband had to put it on. Then, after putting the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, I was awakened by knocking on the door at 8 am, "maintenance!". I had every intention to sleep past 10, definitely not good. I didn't answer. He came back at 11 and explained that there was an emergency and he forgot. On day 2, I killed 2 small spiders crawling around in the bed. The cleaning staff also failed to replace the empty tissues and the soap and shampoo.
Here are some positives: this hotel is pet friendly! Also, Outback Steakhouse is right next door and Catfish King is across the street.

Stayed April 2012
Fouke
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

This is a very clean and well kept place. The price is very good too for the type of hotel it is. I have stayed there several times and will gladly stay there again. On certain nights of the week they have little meet and greets and provide free snacks. I am thinking Tuesday and Wednesday, but I am not totally sure about those days. The staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: To my knowledge there is not pool or restaurant. Just a continental breakfast.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Emmaus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This room was probably the smallest that we have ever been in. The word "micro" really hits it on the head. However it was clean, and had great beds. It also was noisy, with very poor sound proofing, and right next to the railroad. Also on a Friday night the party animals were loud and up late.

It is also one of the only places to charge an extra $25 for our dog. Most places charge $10 (of course some like La Quinta, Red Roof, and Motel 6 do not charge anything extra for pets).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
PFLUGERVILLE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We had a small room one bed but nice and clean. The breakfast was very good. The bed was comfortable and very little noise. We would go back again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City,OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at your hotel two weeks ago and couldn't be more please. Our hostess, Hannah could not have been more helpful. She was extremely friendly and knew directions to every place we wanted to go. She is certainly an asset to your company. As long as she is there I will definetly stay there again. The room was clean and comfortable We did not encounter any problems what so ever,

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Everywhere USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We were visiting Bossier City for a Choreographed Ballroom Convention. The Microtel is a Host hotel for the Convention. The rooms are very small with only 1 chair. The queen bed was very nice and comfortable. The service was most disappointing. After initial check in, I called to ask for an ironing board and iron. I was told I could come down to the front desk and pick it up. No offer to deliver it to the room. So my husband & I went down to get it. The only girl at the desk kept us standing, waiting while she checked in 3 more quests. My husband asked between the 1st & 2nd check in if she was the only one that could help us with the ironing board & iron. She very curtly said "Yes" and went on checking in the guests. It's not that I think our time was more important than the others, I just think she could have either told us on the phone that she would not be able to help us right away or preferably set the items out for us to pick up.

The next morning we were able to sleep in and left the Do Not Disturb sign on the door until we left at 12:15pm when we changed to Maid Service required. We returned at 4:30pm to find that the room had not been serviced. We called down to request clean towels and they were finally deliver after almost an hour.

The hotel does provide breakfast from 6:30am - 9:30am. We went down for breakfast at 8:15 on Saturday morning. There was supposed to be bisquits and gravy (on the counter in crockpots). The gravy was cold and there were no bisquits. I asked the girl if there would be any more bisquits and she was pretty short with me. Said she was heating them up and she'd get things done when she could. After about 5 minutes I asked if she had brought them out since I had been sitting with my back to the counter. She announced that since she was being harrassed she would bring out the bisquits and if they were cold everyone could blame me!!! After all that, the gravy was cold!

Also, there were muddy foot prints in the stairway for the entire 3 days, so obviousl they do not clean the stairs. There was no hot water on Thursday night and it was only warm on Friday morning. Apparently the problem was fixed the remainder of hte stay.

All in all, although not the worst stay we've had, it was definintely not a good experience and we would recommend this hotel for the money exchanged.

Room Tip: 4th floor is smoking. Insist on non-smoking and hope for the best.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bossier City? Share your experiences!