“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I live in the area and highly recommend Kim's Seafood! I have not had everything on their menu, but the Shrimp Fried Rice is the BEST in town!! I love their crawfish eggrolls too!! It is very casual and not fancy at all, but the food is great!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Fried stuff...get you some!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I really wished I enjoyed crawfish more than I do because it looked really good. Instead, I tried the frog legs, shrimp, and catfish n oyster plate. I'd never had frog legs and they turned out to be virtually just like a chicken wing drum. The oysters were really big and the catfish and shrimp was as expected. My bro in law also let me try a couple of alligator bites from his po boy and I liked that too. A little chewy/rubbery, but only if you really try to notice that. Otherwise not really anything exotic. I love the variety of seafood offered here. The prices are very reasonable and I always appreciate local good food. It's a store front on a tiny strip mall and the parking may be difficult on a busy day. I just have to try the crawfish next time!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Redmond, Washington
“Next time the Crawfish are going down...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stopped into Kim's Seafood while on a side-trip from a hunting trip to Texas and met some friends in Shreveport-Bossier. It's in a strip mall with fluorescent lighting and plastic chairs. However, ambience aside, this place was quite good. I ordered a combo plate with fried catfish, shrimp and oyster. Everything tasted quite fresh and delicious and my friends all liked what they'd ordered (boiled shrimp combo and tilapia plate).

I was hoping to go back the following day for a crack at some crawfish (we west-coasters didn't know what to make of those things, but after watching everyone else in the place eating crawfish, I thought I was up to the task). Unfortunately, the timing didn't work and we couldn't fit it in but everybody else in the place was loving the massive buckets of boiled crawfish.

I give it 5 stars on food quality and 3 on environment. It was never supposed to be fine dining, but it just seems like it could be made more comfy because it is a down-home kind of place. I'd definitely go back and next time a pound of crawfish is going DOWN!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Good little seafood place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very casual with great seafood po-boys on real New Orleans French bread. Excellent boiled crawfish in season. A winner if you're hungry for such.

Visited April 2012
Frisco, Texas
“Stellar seafood - don't expect the Ritz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great food - oyster loaf loaded with plump oysters - catfish expertly fried with a wonderful crunchy cornmeal coating. Seafood is fresh and some of the best I have found in Shreveport/Bossier. You will eat here because the food is first rate not because there is any atmosphere! A small whine - we spent in excess of $30.00 for lunch (for 2 people!) and when I asked for cocktail sauce (tarter sauce was served with the meal) they required a payment of .80! During lunch every table was taken so if you are in a hurry don't go during normal "rush" hours.

Visited January 2013