“Good little seafood place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 189 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Seafood
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Good little seafood place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very casual with great seafood po-boys on real New Orleans French bread. Excellent boiled crawfish in season. A winner if you're hungry for such.

Visited April 2012

Frisco, Texas
“Stellar seafood - don't expect the Ritz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great food - oyster loaf loaded with plump oysters - catfish expertly fried with a wonderful crunchy cornmeal coating. Seafood is fresh and some of the best I have found in Shreveport/Bossier. You will eat here because the food is first rate not because there is any atmosphere! A small whine - we spent in excess of $30.00 for lunch (for 2 people!) and when I asked for cocktail sauce (tarter sauce was served with the meal) they required a payment of .80! During lunch every table was taken so if you are in a hurry don't go during normal "rush" hours.

Visited January 2013
Monterrey, Mexico
“2012 update”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I visited Kim's again after enjoying it the first time. The fried shrimp were excellent, as was the seafood gumbo. The portions were not huge, but the food was tasty. The only negatives that I will mention is that I did not find the workers to be particularly friendly. The young lady taking the orders was not rude, but neither was she cheerful and outgoing. The worker who brought the food to the table did not even utter a word to us, and I suspect it was due to a language barrier.

When my shrimp arrived, I went back to the counter and asked for tartar sauce. I was told that I could have it for 87 cents, or I could trade my seafood cocktail sauce for tartar, which I did. Seemed to me that with an order of two entrees, two beverages, and a seafood gumbo, they could have provided tartar sauce without making such a big deal out of it.

I still think that the menu is extensive and offers some great choices, and the quality of the food is good. Just go here for the food, and not so much for the service or ambiance!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Not Impressed!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The food just was not good to me, I tried food from Kim's about twice and so has my husband, and we just did not think that the food was that tasty, sorry.

Beaumont, Texas
“It's "OK"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Ordered at the window... out of ice in the ice machine. Little hole in the wall place that smells a little fishy when you walk through the doors. Staff that works there not very friendly.... Asked for pecan pie that was on the menu and they said they didn't have any. I will say that the fried shrimp was very good... the fish was ok... a little fishy tasting.

• Visited June 2012