“2012 update” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Monterrey, Mexico
“2012 update”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I visited Kim's again after enjoying it the first time. The fried shrimp were excellent, as was the seafood gumbo. The portions were not huge, but the food was tasty. The only negatives that I will mention is that I did not find the workers to be particularly friendly. The young lady taking the orders was not rude, but neither was she cheerful and outgoing. The worker who brought the food to the table did not even utter a word to us, and I suspect it was due to a language barrier.

When my shrimp arrived, I went back to the counter and asked for tartar sauce. I was told that I could have it for 87 cents, or I could trade my seafood cocktail sauce for tartar, which I did. Seemed to me that with an order of two entrees, two beverages, and a seafood gumbo, they could have provided tartar sauce without making such a big deal out of it.

I still think that the menu is extensive and offers some great choices, and the quality of the food is good. Just go here for the food, and not so much for the service or ambiance!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Not Impressed!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

The food just was not good to me, I tried food from Kim's about twice and so has my husband, and we just did not think that the food was that tasty, sorry.

Beaumont, Texas
“It's "OK"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Ordered at the window... out of ice in the ice machine. Little hole in the wall place that smells a little fishy when you walk through the doors. Staff that works there not very friendly.... Asked for pecan pie that was on the menu and they said they didn't have any. I will say that the fried shrimp was very good... the fish was ok... a little fishy tasting.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Falls Church, Virginia
“Good Cajun food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012 via mobile

Expansive menu with many choices. Shrimp and oyster poboys were very good with great bread and nice portions. Crawfish pie was very good too. Will be back for more.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Shrimp PoBoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Entire party had shrimp or gator poboy, they were great. The tarter sauce costs extra but didn't mind since the serving size was good. Shrimp was crispy and bread soft!

Visited February 2012