“Not really a value in the end” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Shreveport, LA (Bossier City)

Save Saved
You added Value Place Shreveport, LA (Bossier City) to your Saves list
Value Place Shreveport, LA (Bossier City)
2275 Old Minden Rd, I-20 & Old Minden Rd, Bossier City, LA 71112   |
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Massachusetts
“Not really a value in the end”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Extremely basic room with an average bed, cheap linens and covers, two small pillows. There is a fridge and a stove top but you have to pay extra for dishes, posts and pans or a coffee maker, so it's basically useless. We were there two weeks and had no linen or towel changes. We would have had to pay extra for that too. The towels were barely there, worn thing and tiny.
I only got hot water for my bath about 50% of the time. The internet was hit or miss as well.
There was a light shining right in the window that made it hard to sleep and there were babies crying and people banging around and stomping all night the entire two weeks we were there.
Although their policy says no bbqing on site, there were a group of shirtless men bbqing, partying and drinking in the parking lot and a bbq pit hidden behind the dumpster.
It was impossible to get a hold of the staff. We were delayed in checking out because no one was at the desk and no one would answer the phone. This is a problem because the key cards occasionally quit working and there was no one to help us get back in the hotel.
They don't tell you when you make the reservation but the desk is only open until 5 so if you are getting there later, they just give your room away.
When we left, they took out of our deposit because he left trash in the room.... in the trash can. Yeah....
It was largely a negative experience. I will say on the good side, the location is great and the room was clean. It's cheap, but you get what you pay for. Be prepared to rough it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at value place 08-06-11 thru 09-31-11 while my apartment was renovating. Very cheap. Staff was overall okay. You have to pay for everything extra. Everything worked in the room. Never had any problems. Never seen any bugs or anything. I recommend this hotel. Great for the price..

• Stayed August 2011
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Shreveport, LA (Bossier City), responded to this review, July 18, 2012
We appreciate you lodging with us! Here at Value Place we promise a truly affordable, incredibly clean, much safer experience that's always simple and flexible to fit your needs. We wish you well with your future travels, come back and visit us!
Bossier City, LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We reserved a room at this hotel online and called to confirm. They canceled our room the day we were supposed to arrive. The explanation was "overbooked". Then later that day, some friends checked and there were 6 rooms available. The worst business practices ever. The prices can't be counted on and they nickle and dime you for everything--charging extra for internet access, towel service, etc.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Shreveport, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I was staying in this hotel until my apartment was ready. When I checked into the room I noticed spots on the sheets. I just had them changed and thought nothing of it. I few days later the spots were back on the sheets. It was blood! My blood from being eaten by bed bugs in my sleep!!! I was bitten from head to toe. I had never encountered bed bugs before. I told the front desk. They told me that I would have to pack my things and check out immediately like I was the one that brought them there! Basically they kicked me out with no place to go and handed me a roll of quarters so I could go launder my cloths. No refund for my stay. All I got was a "sorry about this". Do not stay at this hotel!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Value Place Shreveport, LA (Bossier City)? Share your experiences!