“Amazing spa services!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 attractions in Bossier City
Type: Spas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Destiny is a full service Day Spa & Salon that is located at the Louisiana Boardwalk. The environment is uniquely designed to detach you from the day to day hustle and allow you to relax with many services. Offering an array of services from Massage Therapy, Manicures, Pedicures, Body Wraps, Sauna, Soaking Baths, Spa packages, Massage Suites, Tanning, Body treatments, and Hair Care.Located beside the Courtyard by Marriott and offering weekend package specials with hotel stay. This property makes for a great week day or weekend trip!
“Amazing spa services!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

From the moment we walked through the doors I knew we had chosen the right spa. We were warmly greeted and after filing out paperwork were taken upstairs to an area which made us feel relaxed as soon as we walked into it. My massage and facial were both out of this world. We were given a glass of wine during our pedicures which just finished the whole experience off perfectly. We will be back every time we come back to Shreveport!

ktift, Owner at Destiny Day Spa & Salon, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Hello
Thank you so very much for your review, I know it takes time to sit down and write your feelings about your experience and for that I am grateful!
We look forward to serving you in the future!
Happy Holidays
Kristi Tift

“Felt like an uninvited guest. Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

When I called to ask about nail services my gut told me this was not the place for me. I asked a very simple question 'do you offer acrylic fills and if so what kind do you use? Do you offer solar fills?'
The answer was 'I don't know what those are and we just use regular'
Ok... So I headed over anyway since I was going to be in the area. I walked in and asked (after being stared at like I was bothering the two ladies) if there were any appointments open for a fill. Blank stares and confused looks followed so I asked again, 'is there anyone available to do my nails?' Turned out the acrylic lady was on vacation. So I asked for a pedicure.. One of the ladies turned around and asked another woman if she wanted to do my pedicure. She literally turned around and said do you want to do her pedicure. Ok now I felt welcome.
The girl said something softly to the receptionist and then said' Ok she can do you' I found my way to the seating area and sat until I was asked to pick a polish. Neither of the desk ladies ever stood up from their chairs, never offered me a seat, a drink, a snack, a tour. My husband was with me and asked me if I would like to leave. It was that obvious. Back to the pedicure.. Cold, quick, and boring....25 minutes start to finish. I was never told of specials or specialty pedicures, Just the minimum. When I was done (moved to a chair with fans) the tech grabbed her phone and put her jewelry on and said have a nice day, come back.. And left. I am writing this as I sit in a chair alone in the pedicure area. Bottom line for me: greet people with a smile and have the courtesy to stand and make eye contact while doing so, make your clients feel comfortable and at home not like an uninvited guest. Take pride and JOY in what you do and it will come through in what you are doing.

ktift, Owner at Destiny Day Spa & Salon, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hello
As much as I hate to get these sort of reviews, I also look forward to reviewing my team and their guest services. After looking over our video footage of your day (as we have cameras in the front reception desk area as well as over the manicure/pedicure waiting area) I did see where the two ladies were smiling and seemingly to be polite to you. I understand you were upset that our restrooms were located on the second floor, that we did not serve Moscato wine, and that we were not a "typical" nail salon.
As a Day Spa we offer traditional manicures and pedicures, Natural nail care on purpose.....
We do not fall in line with Nail Shops...strong odors from nail solutions, and the whole mask wearing situation..
I will not make up excuses for something we are not.
For future reference it is probably a good idea if you get a gut feeling about an establishment to not go there, you probably should not. You had made up your mind before entering that you were not going to enjoy your visit.
There is a nail shop on the Boardwalk and they offer all the things you requested...probably not the moscato.
I do appreciate your detailed review as it allowed me to evaluate my team that day and I always enjoy seeing that despite guests who are searching for a different type of salon or spa my team tries to accommodate each guest.
Thank you again and I will continue to help my Team achieve excellence with guest satisfaction..
Jonesboro, Louisiana
“Nice to have it so close to the Courtyard Marriott.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My massage was very good, The Massage Therapist had great hands, & touch, but I would have liked a Swedish massage, with No stretching, far better, Loved the head massage also, but would have perferred no lotion, creme or oil on the hands while this is being done. I was needing to just totally relax. The lotion or creme that was used was Not good. It smelt like cooking grease had been added to it. By the time I got to the hotel, I was getting so sick to my stomach from the smell I had to shower it all off. Try using Biotone Herbal Select Body Creme it is soo much better, smells great, & you don't have to use as much. I use about a table spoon of this in 2oz cups with tops & use two per person. I then give the Client the unused portion to take home. That way there is no contamination with the cremes, lotions or oils. Try using mask also, to protect the Massage Therapist & the Client, I use ear-loop mask, which work great, before that I was getting sick alot from Clients with Sinus infections. I would love to send my Clients to your place, once you get these things done. It can be a nice vacation away from home, but not to far away. I have alot of older clients that have back & neck problems, the stretching that your Massage Therapist does, could cause some major problems for these Clients. A nice relaxing Swedish massage with a great body creme, will really bring in more of your hotel guests, plus it will be alot easier on your Massage Therapist. You have a beautiful place. I learned alot of what not to do by coming there & it helps me to be a better Massage Therapist by going to different places. Hope you can make these changes, I know it will bring in more Clients for your Spa so it will continue to help others to enjoy their trips & vacations, plus it will help your Massage Therapist not to burn out as quick. I also had a facial from a fellow that did a wonderful job & it was more relaxing, than the massage, the products he used smelt soo much better. Only down fall was that his table & the Massage Therapist's table need side extensions, I'm not a very big person & I was having trouble keeping my arms on the table, which isn't very relaxing. Please spend a little on some extension pillows, or make your own. Your Clients & Massage Therapist will Love it too. I will be coming back for the facials, once you make the good changes I will come back for the massage, and bring others with me. Thank You!

Visited August 2012
ktift, Owner at Destiny Day Spa & Salon, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Hello, I want to thank you for taking the time to review Destiny. Let me begin by introducing myself, I am Kristi Tift LMT LA 0891 and Owner of Destiny. I do not want to sound argumentative or as though I am being harsh, I just want to answer your review so the future shoppers will see my response and understand.
During the course of my 16 year experience as a LMT I have also instructed 12 of those years at two of the colleges for Massage Therapy. I take each comment and complaint very serious and want to be sure to address your comments and concerns appropriately.
You stated you would have rather had a Swedish Massage because it does not have stretching, in fact Swedish Massage does have stretching it is called Swedish Gymnastics and that is what was provided for you. As you well know clients are always allowed to speak up and direct the therapist as to what they do like and do not like and I expect all my therapist to work with the guest on the appropriate massage for them.
All of my massage team love to incorporate Swedish Gymnastics, Therapeutic Range of Motion, and Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation when a issue arises for the need of it.
On our Intake form we encourage guests to communicate during the session to alert the therapist if something does not feel right or they want to change anything.
You mentioned the lotion/cream/oil issue, we use Biotone Products (hypoallergenic), in years past we would carry products that contained additional aromas and clients would complain about that. We had to go to a product that was a neutral base product that aromas could be added if a guest wanted to and we do that all the time. You can always suggest that before and during the massage. After all it is your massage, we want you to be completely happy.
I can assure you the lotion/cream/oil did not have cooking grease added to it.
We do not reuse any lotions/creams/oils. The holsters have either a bottle or cup that is filled before the guest and then any excess is disposed of and dispenser is cleaned.
Sending the guest home with product is a nice idea but could fall under "prescribing"
so we do not offer that. We do not sell massage products either for that very reason.
Estheticians may prescribe so they are allowed to offer samples, product sales etc.
We have a complete shower facility with robes, towels, slippers for before your service and after to aid in rinsing off excess lotions/creams/oils.
Your suggestion for the mask to be worn during the massage is noted, however our guests compliment us on how we are not overly medical and very personable, wearing a mask would insult most of our guests. That is a therapist/guest decision, if the guest wants the therapist to wear a mask then they would gladly do so. They are very flexible with guests suggestions.
I practice Therapeutic Massage with Proprioceptive Work which involves neck Range of motion work (stretching) this work has increased my guests Range of Motion incredibly, I do work on many elderly guests who compliment my work and say that other therapists have not administered that type of work before. I work closely with a local Chiropractor who sends us many clients based on that work. I recommend some excelled Continuing education for you so you may gain the insight on how this work could really help your elderly clients.
As far as my therapist burning out, they all receive complimentary services here at Destiny as much as needed on their request, something many Spas and Massage businesses do not offer as complimentary.
You mentioned the Esthetic tables and Massage Tables needing arm extenders.
I do agree with you on the Esthetic tables, however the massage tables are all 31- 32 inches wide and my custom craft table is 36 inches wide.
Arm extenders, breast pillows, bolsters, side bolsters, etc are available if the guest requests needing additional room or if the therapist notices that the guest is not comfortable.

Again I want to thank you for making a review and visiting us again in the future.
I did check the lotion/cream/oil selection that was used for you and it was not stale it just does not have any smell at all...you are use to the herbal selection and of course a neutral would be much different!
We work closely with the Courtyard Marriott and expect 100 % satisfaction for all guests, please the next time you visit us be sure to discuss your desires so your next visit may be just as perfect as we want it to be!
We look forward to seeing you again!
Owner/ LMT LA 0891
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
“Dont buy a gift card here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I purchased a gift $65 gift card for my girlfriend here. She soon misplaced the envelope with the card inside. I called and asked if they could look up the gift card purchase made from within the store. They said there was nothing they could do. They basically stole $65 from me. The manager's attitude was that she really couldn't care less. This is the last they will ever see of my business. Go somewhere else!

Visited February 2012
ktift, Owner at Destiny Day Spa & Salon, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Hello,
I understand your frustration with the gift card. However our gift cards are just like those you purchase at Walmart, best buy, Target etc.. Once you purchase the card it is just like cash, it is explained on the back of the card those same details that if lost or stolen it cannot be refunded.
Each card has a tracking number on the back of the card and once a guest comes in to use it we then take personal information on the guest for future use.
We offer a 5 year expiration on our gift cards and therefore if she is able to locate her card she can use it.
I have had the same issue where I misplaced a Barnes and Noble gift card, even with my store receipt I could not use it. Several months went by and I came across it.
I hope you understand it's just a security feature that we cannot replace cards without the tracking number. When we sell a certificate we explain that in full detail so the purchaser can write the scan number down for future reference.
I'm sorry you chose to write a bad review on an incident that is beyond our control.
However as the owner and truly know I care about our guests and our future guests, I can make an executive decision to try and help you out.
Can you tell me exact date you purchased the card? If so I will contact gift card registry to try and locate a card matching your sale purchase amount and offer to issue you another card.
The manager was only doing what she knows to be factual she cannot just look up cards once the sale has been made just like large retail stores.
My contact info is 318-426-2830
I am available any time to discuss this issue.
Owner / Founder
Central Texas
3 attraction reviews
“disorganized, too busy at front desk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Reception area worker didn't appear to be helpful, but I think that was due to the fact she was busy and overwhelmed.

Visited July 2012
ktift, Owner at Destiny Day Spa & Salon, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Hello
Thank you for taking the time to review Destiny and being honest!
We are currently under going new front desk training with two new Team members who
have joined us for booking, client services and front desk work.
While trying to implement a new software program as well. I do apologize that you might have felt the stress from that situation. As we move forward we will take every precaution to be aware of
making guests feel the way you did. Thank you again so much!!!