“We Love Diamond Jacks!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Casinos
Activities: Gambling
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: If the more than 30,000 square feet and three levels of gaming overwhelms you, you can escape to the fourth floor deck for some fresh air.
Waxahachie, Texas, United States
“We Love Diamond Jacks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I love Diamond Jacks! We go there several times a year, it is kind of our special little place to go and get away from it all. It is true the tvs and room decore could use a little upgrading but this would probably cause them to have to increase their prices and tighten their slots to cover the cost and I would hate to see that happen! The only negative thing I can really say about them is that they could strive a little harder to make sure their staff was a little more friendly, it's not the whole staff, just a few bad apples here and there, overall though we think they are pretty great. They have really great comps, my husband and I haven't paid for our room since the first time we stayed there and we never have to worry about food money ether because we get comps for the steak house and the buffet. We are going back next month, we got to free tickets to see Air Supply perform there!

Visited August 2012

Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Enjoy the variety of slots”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Casino is easy to reach, staff is helpful and friendly, A little difficult to get a drink, but not impossible. Enjoy the friendliness of the patrons which is not always the case at a casino.

Visited September 2012
Nacogdoches, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Dirty Rooms, Tight Slots, Mediocre Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

When this establishment (Isle of Capri) was taken over by Diamond Jack's, the first thing that tanked was "Farraday's", formerly a great steakhouse that turned into a parody of itself even before they re-named it "DJ's Steakhouse". The only thing legendary about "Legends" Buffet" is the terrible quality of the mostly cold food, We tried the "Grill", bad service, limited menu and mediocre food. The guest rooms badly need an upgrade, and our last visit there, the carpet had cigarette burns (non smoking room), dirt;y shower and the toilet did not work. The rooms had old-fashioned tube TV's (the only casino in town that hasn't installed flat panels). Much of the clientele in the casino present the appearance of homeless people. Many just sit at the slot machines watching others play, and I have had a couple accost me for money.The Diamond Jack crowd tighted the slots to the point that we have written them off, because this, coupled with the terrible buffet, frayed carpet, and dirty rooms, leaves little incentive to return. I recommend you skip this one.

Visited July 2012
Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place is literally falling apart! Will never stay here again! The knob in the shower literally fell off in my hands! I thought the bed would fall apart when I laid down on it.

Visited August 2012
Richmond, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“nasty! New name is Diamondjack Casino”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

this was the worst hotel I have ever been in. Our Room # 1003 was filty!!!! large clump of Dried black hair on shower stall floor, mold on the walls, one towel for 3 people. comp. soap smelled like pine o pine cleaner. wallpaper was peeling off everywhere. one place in the bathroom below the phone was held together with scotch tape! Beds were 1/2 made. NO top sheet on either bed. Why was the carpet and the decor not changed when the downstairs lobby was done? Downstairs is Black and Olive green Modern and upstairs in hot pink and lime green carpet and circus clown strips and parrot drapes. SHAME ON YA'LL! It's NASTY, NASTY, NASTY. Don't stay!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited May 2012