“Horseshoe Hotel review” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Spicewood, Texas
“Horseshoe Hotel review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

PROS: Just got home this evening from a 4 night stay at the Horseshoe. The overall experience was great! We really liked this hotel. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. The Dare pool was wonderful. Very nice rooms and bathrooms.

Cons: The Spread Buffet is the WORST in a casino we have ever had, HORRIBLE even if u only know how to boil water:((
The Burger Bar was good and we plan to try Jack Benions Steakhouse next time we return. Wish we could recieve something in the mail for reduced room rates and a voucher for the Steakhouse and we would be back! This hotel is very nice otherwise.
We also visited Margaritaville Hotel close by. They do have a larger and much nicer casino than the Horseshoe but if the Horseshoe will offer better room rates, we still prefer The Horseshoe

Room Tip: Unless u want to look at the dirty red river and have never seen water in your life, ask for the low...
Green Features: This hotel was much less smoky smelling than ANY OTHER hotel and casino we walked in to. Including the newer Margaritaville Hotel and Casino. Whatever ur doing Horseshoe, to keep the stale smoke smell away.....please keep it up and thank you!!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Trey L, Public Relations Manager at Horseshoe Casino Luxury All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2014
Pam, Thank you for your stay and comments. We would like to hear more details about your experience in The Spread buffet. Please email nlankford@caesars.com your contact information so we can address the concern with you personally.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Cleburne, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed three nights and the staff was awesome. The room was clean and very roomy. My only issue were all the children running around. Who takes little kids to a Casino Hotel. Drinking, Smoking and Gambling are for ages over 21.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Patti, Thank you for choosing us and the compliments about our staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Well after a trip from the Crater Of Diamonds State Park we drove south and ended up at the Horseshoe Casino on the Red River in Bossier City La. When we arrived the entrance was welcoming and the valet attendants were right there to greet you with good southern hospitality.The Hotel & Casino is fairly new so the place was clean and bright.The inside staff were very friendly and helpful. All that is expected in the south as far as I am concerned.However, you can feel the genuine personalities of the staff.I know right away when someone is over trained and a brown nose.So that was good. I was disappointed in the booking because they said there was a pool deck and I was really needed some sun after 5 days in Arkansas and when we got there it wasn't finished and no one informed us until we already checked in.My family and I wanted to relax in the pool when not in the casino.We were there just overnight before we head back to Austin.We would have booked another hotel with a pool and sun deck if we knew ahead of time , so I found that a little shady. The room was wonderful and comfortable and I'll tell you, I have never had such a relaxing soak in the biggest soaker tub I have ever seen in a hotel.Did it make up for the lack of a pool? Not really but it was pretty darn close.Ha!Ha! My room over looked the new unfinished pool deck and they rehearsing the music and it was horrible until after midnight. So don't book the room overlooking the entrance on a night of entertainment.I found the casino too small and full of smoke although the air cleaner was doing a good job considering.I could tolerate it being a non-smoker.They had three smaller floors of casinos instead of 1 large one and 2 smaller ones.It seemed very cramped. The breakfast the next morning was a good ole' southern one with grits and all.yummy.All in all it was pretty good and did enjoy it.So do go.I hear the pool is finished and still load..lol so book on the back end and enjoy..

Room Tip: I mentioned this in my review
Green Features: they were fine.they asked that you recycle towels and inquire if you need more.I was only there one night so for me to give an in-dept synopsis would not be fair
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
We thank you for choosing us and do apologize the pool was not ready when you arrived. We certainly invite you back next summer so you can get the full experience you were looking for.
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

"After staying two nights at the horseshoe, I was sitting on a chair in our room waiting for the rest of my party prepare to depart. To my disgust, I see a brown bug crawl out from the head of the bed on the side of the mattress. I came closer to get a better look. It appeared to be a bed bug. I used the corner of the pillow case and put slight pressure on the bug, and it BURST! It was full of blood, and left a pencil eraser-sized spot of blood on the white sheets. We had to get on the road, so I notified management whilst on the road. Please understand bed bugs are a serious problem! They are invasive parasites that live off human blood. They will infest your home and there is not currently a completely effective way to eradicate the infestation. They will travel on people and their belongings. That being said, we just stayed two nights threatening our comfort at our own home. It is not unlikely that we or our stuff now has stowaways which will happily make our bed their permanent home. They will try and reassure you that there are not health risks involved with bed bugs, but they leave red itchy bites all over and are bugs in your bed (just not for me i guess). I was horrified. I was contacted by management a few days later who said they immediately sealed the room following our notification and they found no evidence of bed bugs -___-. Um you didn't see the bright red blood spot on the white sheets and the crushed brown bed bug? That's alright ill send you the pictures I took of the incidence. They didn't contact me after that. I emailed them to ask if they received the pictures. They emailed back to confirm they did receive them and that was it. I will never stay there again! Don't put your home at risk - find somewhere else to stay."

• Stayed August 2013
Trey L, Public Relations Manager at Horseshoe Casino Luxury All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
We apologize your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We take the quality and cleanliness of our room very seriously and will continue to strive to maintain all our rooms in highest quality standards possible.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were so excited to spend this weekend at Horseshoe's new pool area. Took my book and headed down after a late night of gambling to relax. Not so much. The (all) rap and electronic music wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't as loud as any club's music! Not to mention that of course, every other stinkin' word was M.F. among many other choice words and really vulgar language. Be warned if you're coming with children.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Joyce, We thank you for your stay this past summer and will make sure your concerns about the pool are heard by our management team.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with big spacious rooms and bathrooms. Very friendly staff!!! Great workout room. We were told when we called that they had added a pool...yeahh just to be so disappointed that our poor little kiddos weren't allowed to swim there??? When we went to look at the pool it was closed?? Another time there wasn't anyone out there?? So we improvised and filled up the bath tub. Adults have lotsss to do there I don't think it would hurt to allow the kids to use the pool at some point during the day or night.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Denita, We thank you for your stay over the summer. We are evaluating access to the pool for children and will make sure you comments are heard by our management team.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

If you do not like staying in smoking rooms, then make sure to arrive early. We thought that we had reserved a non-smoking room only to be told at the desk that there were no any non-smoking rooms available. Turns out that your reservation only guarantees you a room, not necessarily your preference. Luckily the manager worked with us to provide a non-smoking room. While I appreciate her working to accommodate us, I think this needs to be clearly stated and not in fine print. In this day and age, more and more places (including bars) are prohibiting smoking. It's already too smoky in parts of the casino; why not keep the rooms as non-smoking.

Green Features: Too smoke friendly to be considered environmentally friendly
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Trey L, Public Relations Manager at Horseshoe Casino Luxury All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We thank you for your recent stay and comments. Your suggestions will be taken into consideration as we strive to maintain the highest quality customer service possible.

Been to Horseshoe Casino Luxury All-Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!