“Nice Hotel - Ho Hum Casino” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   711 Horseshoe Boulevard, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Myers, FL
“Nice Hotel - Ho Hum Casino”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed in a complimentary premium king room which was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The hotel staff was courteous and friendly, and if this was just a review of the hotel, I would have given it a "5". However, the casino quality was not commensurate with the hotel. As with most of the Bossier City casinos (one notable exception: see review of "Margaritaville"), the casino is located on three floors. Ground level is actually floor #2, and you can reach floors #1 and #3 by elevator, escalator or stairs. Constantly going up or down to find new machines, as there are many older ones..

During our visit, we needed to go to the casino cashier but when we entered the casino on floor #2 during afternoon hours we found they were laying new carpet in front of the cashier cage and the adjacent elevator. Couldn't enter this area, only access to the cashiers on floors 1 and 3 was by escalator or stairs. Our problem was my wife is disabled and could not use either well. Same problem experienced by people in wheelchairs or on walkers. No one could explain why they chose to lay new carpet in the middle of the day instead of during early morning hours. Staff was apologetic but we had to get security to get us to elevator (over carpet work in progress) so we could go to #1 or #3, following which I had to help wife down a flight of stairs to get out. Someone didn't think things through.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My biggest hit on the hotel is that it advertises "all Suites" when in reality there are NO suites in the hotel. They are all rooms with a couch and/or chairs. The "Room" is very nice but not a Suite. A Suite has separate a separate room for sleeping and one for watching TV. I could not stay up and watch TV without keeping my wife awake as it is all one room and a bathroom. I also disliked that this time, my third time there, no host was assigned to make sure I had no problems. As a result I was delayed in cashing a check from the bank, I always bring a check plus cash as I don't like to carry that much in cash. When it came time to check out "of course" since no host was assigned to me, my comps were not in place. The desk had to call to see if my play was adequate to allow my room and meager meals to be comped. Due to the level of my play this was also an insult, No casino cash was made available to me. Another venue offered me a suite, food, and $400 to play there. Next time I will have to consider my other offers if you no longer value my play.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hempstead, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

stayed there for family vacation; nice hotel, convenient parking, good food (and pretty reasonable); loved the seating area in our room (couch/chaise) since I like to curl up and read while waiting for my roomie to get ready

Room Tip: have no idea about pool or kid activities since we didn't check out those items
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Met some family for a few days of R&R. The room was extremely nice and comfortable. Had a great view from the 19th floor.
Food was very good and service was second-to-none.
Convenient to the Boardwalk.

• Stayed July 2013
Brenham, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have stayed at the Horseshoe many times before our latest trip. This trip was by far the worst. We got a room deal offering lower prices to stay overnight and thought a quick little get-a-way sounded perfect.

Pros: We only paid 45 dollars for the room.

Cons: Room smelled like a nursing home, had stains on the mattress, sheets wouldn't stay on mattress, hair in the jacuzzi tub, no hair conditioner, room service hamburger was hard as a rock and WAY overpriced for no flavor, channel changer was DISQUSTING and looked as if it hadn't been cleaned in months, and we were scared to sit on the couch because it looked so dirty.

If we would have paid full price for the room, I would have pitched a bigger fit. Just goes to show you that you get what you pay for. I would pick elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The front desk told us they were recently remodeled. The rooms were sub-standard in my opinion. I was expecting soooo much more. The rooms are usually very expensive and the Best Western was much cleaner and much nicer. Our room was not clean to my standards. There was hair still in the jacuzzi tub. The Tv placard had something visible on it and was sticky. The light switch near the bed had something that looked very very very questionable on it. I hope they can improve their amenities and hire better staff to take care of their rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Overall the hotel was nice, but getting over $240 a night is very pricey for what we got. The hotel is listed as an "all-suite" hotel, so apparently I don't know what a suite is. The rooms and bathrooms are larger than your typical hotel room, but I don't equate larger to be a suite. We were also disappointed that hotel personnel told us when we booked the room directly with Horseshoe that they would accomodate us with a roll-out bed in both rooms. When we checked-in, they told us it was not allowed.

Can a "luxury" hotel in the south not have a pool? Apparently yes. We were there for a guy's weekend and wanted to smoke a cigar at the pool after our "big winnings" at the tables, but instead, we had to smoke our stogies in front of slot machines - probably a sad sight. I understand a casino-hotel wanting us to spend all of our free time in the casino, but even the depressing Diamond Jacks just across I20 has a pool. Chandaliers at check-in are nice, but I'd rather they have spent the money building a pool area and keeping us at the hotel.

Some guys had burgers at the burger bar and said they were very good.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side give you a "better" view because you get to see the Red River rather th...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4.0 of 5 stars 549 reviews
The Remington Suite Hotel and Spa Shreveport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Shreveport/Bossier City
Hampton Inn Shreveport / Bossier City

Been to Horseshoe Casino Luxury All-Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!