“Nice hotel--Food is lacking” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houstion
“Nice hotel--Food is lacking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here and enjoyed it very much. Room was large and clean with a large, well furnished bathroom, but the room needed a coffee maker. There is no convenient source for an early morning cup of coffee. Next time I will probably take a coffee maker with me. Restaurants are rather expensive but pretty good food. Binion's Steakhouse was quite good but expensive. 8 oz. burger bar was pretty good, but expensive for what they serve. The requisite casino buffet is really quite bad and has almost no business. I ate there on a comp but I still wanted my money back!! This place needs a good coffee shop and an improved buffet.for me to rate it as excellent.

433 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Tyler
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I decided to take my wife over to the Horseshoe for some relaxing "down" time after two of our kids graduated and in celebration of our 10th wedding anniversary. I booked one of the luxury king suites, massages for both of us in the Sedona Spa and facial for my wife, and dinner at the Jack Binions Steakhouse.

Our room was not ready upon arrival, so we checked our baggage and made our way to the Sedona Spa. The spa was nicely decorated and we both enjoyed the sauna, massage, and facial. The staff were very friendly and we would definitely visit the spa again.

We then checked on our room and it was ready so we went up to our room. It was located on the 20th floor and faced the river. The view was beautiful and the room was spacious. And then ... a young child starts screaming in the adjoining room. So, I call the front desk and explain the situation and ask to be relocated to another room in a different area of the hotel. Kim at the front desk tells me that there are no other rooms and that they are completely booked up. She offers no options and upon checking on availability of rooms, I find out that she just lied to me to get me off the phone. So, strike one for dishonest Kim at the front desk and strike two for the crying child that keeps on crying periodically during the evening, night and morning.

We went to dinner later that evening at Jack Binions Steakhouse. We ordered lolly pop lamb chops and they were wonderful. For the next course, we ordered a caesar salad and it was also great. Our main course consisted of a filet and grilled asparagus and it was outstanding. Our server was pretty good, however, the server was not on par with the quality of the food. The server would have been more at home serving pancakes at an IHOP.

I would encourage the hotel to take action regarding additional training for Kim at the front desk. It can completely change a customer's perspective of the quality of their stay when they are not provided proper accommodations and are dealt with dishonestly.

San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a great place to be for an adults. My wife, and I been coming here for over 10 years or so. It sure is a fun place to be. We get everything free (room, and food) including free gifts, and slot tournaments. The only thing that cost us is the gambling portion of the trip and the movies in the room. I was even once offered a free gas for the trip. The rooms are very spacious, nice clean up to date furniture including 3 TV's, and refrigerator. Mostly, has strict non-smoking rooms. Has concerts and shows, dancing places and more besides gambling. It has 4 great restaurants, including Jack Binion's Steakhouse, The Four Winds exotic Asian cuisine, The Spread all you can eat buffet, and more. This place even has SPA & fitness center, and an elegant shopping stores for women's boutique, and conveniently sits right on the Interstate 20. All the staff is very professional and friendly, all the way down to bathroom attendant. We'll try to go back every chance we get. I can't wait until the next time.... .

Green Features: I think it's a great practice and to follow so that we could make our world great for many, many more years to come by reducing energy use and carbon emissions, and reducing waste and using less water, and more..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

First off let me begin by saying that if the United States has a Hell on Earth it's HQ's are located in Bossier City at the Horseshoe Hotel and fully staffed with Evil Winged Monkey Demons. I'm very busy and have little time to write reviews, so if I'm finding the time to write a review you better believe the place is to be avoided at all costs, and I'm doing community service by warning you. I was not there to drink alcohol or to gamble. I was there on business and thought it would be nice to stay there and try out the buffet. The front desk, housekeeping, management, bell hops and valet can barely speak english at a 3rd grade level. The food at the buffet was nasty and the restuarant staff looked like they needed a course in personal hygiene and common courtesy. The bathtub in my room had BLACK MOLD all around the edge of the tub, there was trash scattered throughout the hallway and the whole hotel reeked of cigarette smoke and Lysol, so nasty. The room has a 19" CRT TV! Even Motel 6 has converted over to flat screen TV's. The staff are rude nasty provacatuers and like unsocialized animals, acting like they are doing you a favor for doing their job. If you dare give tham a taste of their own medicine they go ballistic always looking for fight. Literally Satan's Little Helpers at Demon Central Horseshoe Hotel. I would sue them for a refund, but I hope to never return to Bossier City.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Corsicana, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed at Horseshoe on May 8th, for our Anniversary, and we had a great time.
We made a reservation for Non-smoking Luxury King. Room was newly updated, and nice clean room. Big window was facing the river, and we enjoyed nice view from there.
Bathroom had no Jacuzzi, but I loved a huge bath tub.
On the reservation, we requested " quiet room", and it was very quiet indeed.
We usually don't gamble, so we can't really say much on the gaming experience.
Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Glenn (Hotel staff) gave us great suggestions during our stay, and we really enjoyed to have a talk with him too. Also, Dolly at front desk, helped us on finding out some information we needed. They all made our stay so special.

Hearne, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We went to Bossier City over the weekend for some gaming.. We stayed at the Horseshoe Hotel & Casino.. What a nice hotel.. We had a clean and comfortable room.. A nice bed and a real nice and clean bathroom.. We had a real good time here and will return here again...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lufkin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We booked this as a birthday weekend. I chose the "Luxury" Suite...I use that term loosely. Yes the price was GREAT, I thought too good but since they are a casino cheaper rooms let you gamble more. I was right this WAS NOT luxury. It did have 3 TVs and a jacuzzi tub like they said. Two in the main area were massive BOX TV's and 3rd was a very tiny 9in mounted to the counter in the bathroom...with a bath/shower/jacuzzi combo built in. You know how I am with my beds...THESE ARE GREAT!! I actually slept!!
Shadow boxes were a great touch if you are for some reason nostalgic to the 90's. Overall not bad...just not what I was expecting! The fact that we could walk downstairs and have all the entertainment we needed was a HUGE bonus. The food is great at the buffet AND at the cafe. Live bands just about every night at the CMT bar.

Room Tip: choose NON-SMOKING even if you smoke,,,just go downstairs. the smoking rooms are dingy feeling and...