“A luxury hotel but not a hotel staff dedicated to providing luxury customer service.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Horseshoe Casino Luxury All-Suite Hotel

Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here while my Mom was in the hospital and got a fantastic rate from hotels.com. The room was huge and very comfortable and it was top notch. My chief complaint was the hotel staff. The front desk clerks that were on duty were two flaming queens that looked like something from a comedy movie. I don't care if they are gay but the over the top speech doesn't set the tone of a professional staff.

Next, I ate breakfast in the 8 ounce Burger Bar and had horrible service. The price, especially for this area, was outrageous. I had to literally beg for a coffee refill and it took forever to get my waitress to bring my chech and then bring me change.

Monday -Thursday can be a bargin for cheap rooms but the professionalism of the staff shows a lack of respect for the customers.

My advice is to stay in hotel for the great rooms but go somewhere for your food.

423 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
KC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were not impressed with this hotel at all, there was mold around the tub, concrete on the floor, where they had tried to fix something, no free wifi. The bed was nice and the view was good. The casino was very tight.

Ragley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Was able to get a rate of $39 a night so decided to stay there on our way up north. The hotel was very beautiful and the check in process was easy with very courteous service. The room was okay but lacked attention. The carpet had been shampooed in spots so our socks got damp. The caulking around the bathtub needed attention also. The casino was a big disappointment. Not very many of the newer games. We actually only spent about 50 bucks there even though we had expected to drop around 300. Guess I shouldn't complain since it saved me some money. Overall not bad for what we paid but I wouldn't stay there again.

Buda, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

For what one pays for a room here, how can one complain? You get what you pay for and if you're paying $39.00 a night - that's a discounted rate - who can complain? I think they're normally $49.00. That's still a bargain compared to what you pay at a La Quinta or a Fairfield.
Yes, the walls are thin. Yes, the t.v.s are dated. But my room has always been clean. I don't feel I need to wear slaps in the room to avoid getting toe fungus.
The beds are super comfy.
The thermostat read 70 in my room. I might take issue with that, but it still worked. I just turned it down to 67 and all was good.
The bathroom was clean. The tub was deep. The water was hot. It's a nice soaking tub while enjoying a Crown on the rocks and watching the tv thats on the bathroom counter.
As far as the buffet . . . run away. If the item was bad, it was horrible. If the item was good, get several and fill up on that.
Judging from the prices on the outside menu, I can't vouch for the Steakhouse.
As far as the gambling, the dealers were friendly. The cocktail service was regular as long as you tip. That's how that works. They serve, you tip a buck, they come back.
As far as the video poker, go to Boomtown on the other side of I-20, about a minute drive from garage to garage if you make the lights. They had the absolute loosest 8 / 5 machines - never found a 9 / 6 - I've ever seen over the course of two days and nights. If I lost at blackjack, I could make it up at VP. Usually, its the other way around.

Room Tip: Try to avoid checking in between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great rate when we stayed on a Monday night in November. We were hoping to find a bar with soft music but since there was a large TV in the steak restaurant bar the group assembled there was loud. It made it more like a sports bar. Take out the TV and add a piano! No wake up call as we had asked. The casino was very nice and we did leave winners!

Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a nice place i was able to book a room for 38.00 room was Nice: has a couch super comfy king size bed jacuzzi in the bathroom 3 tv's a refrigerator,the staff in the casino was super friendly also has great choices for restraunts.One down fall was having to pay 11.95 for internet but other than that it was a great value.Just make sure you don't stay on weekends,that double's and even triples the room rates.

Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Basically the Horseshoe does a bait-and-switch on it's customers. They offer a "premium king non-smoking" room for a cheap price, and then when you get there they inform you that you will be getting a smoking queen-sized room for the same price. They simply let us know that our reservation preferences will not be upheld, so now that we've driven 3 hours and arrived at 11 PM, that we basically have to settle for the queen smoking room. We decided we wouldn't put up with it and called over to the Eldorado and stayed there instead. The person we spoke with was incredibly rude and made us feel very unwelcome. Don't go there. Go for Eldorado instead.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Horseshoe Casino Luxury All-Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!