“Location is great. Hotel is just OK.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk

You added Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk to your Saves list
Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 Boardwalk Boulevard, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Location is great. Hotel is just OK.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was working in the area on business and brought my family. we chose this hotel because it was walking distance to the boardwalk where there is plenty to do for kids. We reserved a one bedroom suite with a pull out couch and it was ready when we arrived around 11 PM. The staff was very friendly upon check-in and room was conveniently on the first floor, room 102 . The problem with the room was it had an odor in it. It wasn't like a smoking smell, but more like a mildewed carpet smell. In the hotel's defense, I did not let them know about it because it was late and our kids were already asleep. My wife was going to change rooms the next day, but instead of moving all of our stuff, she bought some air fresheners from a store in the mall. The bath towels were small and thin. The mattresses on the bed and the pull out were not very good. Housekeeping didn't service the room after our first night, because my family was still in the room at 10AM. the second day, the housekeeping staff tried just dropping off towels again, but my wife insisted she the room be serviced. Still yet the pull out couch bed was not made. Really, the only reason to stay here is for the location. Parking is free and easy. However, I am in the area on business every three weeks or so, and I will not be staying here when I am by myself. Of all the Courtyards I have stayed in, this one was the worst as far room amenities. It was too cool to swim, so I cannot comment on that. However, the fitness center is not back with 6 nice cardio machines and a weight bench with dumbbells.

Room Tip: I wasn't bothered by the train, but I didn't stay in the wing closest to the tracks.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Cindy L, Director of Sales at Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. We appreciate that you brought to our attention the room issues and we are working with our staff to correct these matters. We take pride in delivering superior service and taking care of any issues that arise. We hope that you will reconsider giving us another chance should you return to our area. Please contact me and I will make your arrangements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Waco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Check in was smooth and easy. Staff made accommodations for our group to be placed together. Only real complaint is carpets in rooms had weird stains and there was a musty smell that came and went. Everything seemed fairly clean. Overall great hotel; loved the location.

• Stayed April 2014
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

This is my second time staying at the Courtyard here in Bossier City. It's a little odd to find the driveway, but the hotel is very comfortable and very much the new style of Courtyard that I personally enjoy throughout the country. It's also adjacent to a walking mall, but you have to drive to get to a casino. The parking lot is on the river (seems like a waste), but it's nice (good matress!).

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Beautiful, clean and spacious rooms. This is second time to stay here. Love the location being such easy access to shopping and activities. Staff always courteous. Housekeeping is always nice and does great job.
*** for price of room they should have some kind of comp breakfast though.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Lewistown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The hotel is located right next to the Lousiana Boardwalk shopping area and within walking distance of the Horseshoe Bossier City. It has its own parking area. Hotel is a typical Courtyard, which is a good thing. Rooms were comfortable with a flat screen TV and despite being there on New Years Eve, the room was very quiet. Would highly recommend if you are in the area and do not want to pay higher costs to stay in Margaritaville or the Horseshoe.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

A little difficult to find (need to fix the unlighted sign), but a wonderful, clean, super great location to have when in Shreveport!!

Everything is in easy walking distance and very new view of the city and waterfront.

As a professional traveler I completely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Forest Hill, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have stayed at several of the hotels around Shreveport/Bossier and with it carrying the Marriott name along with a $169 a night price tag, it was AFWUL! The beds are hard. The air conditioner did not work. Our bathroom was full of hair in the shower and on the floors. There was also feces under the toilet seat. We were place near the exit door and every time someone came in or out it made this terrible banging noise and it woke us all up several times through out the night. Pay the extra to stay at one of the Casinos, we could have gotten a room at the Horseshoe for $80 bucks but since our trip was solely for shopping purposes we chose this one for the location. Next time I will chose a Casino or one of the hotels down the road and drive the extra couple of miles. Only plus was the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Chose a Casino or the Microtel Suites!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk? Share your experiences!