“Very Clean room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk

You added Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk to your Saves list
Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk
Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
NW Arkansas
“Very Clean room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We only stayed 1 night,but were impressed by cleanliness of our room. Very handy to boardwalk,shopping & restaurants. Parking seemed to be a potential issue at times. Our room was on shopping side of building requiring drapes to be fully drawn for privacy & quiet.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our healthcare team reserved 8 rooms for a night on last Thursday, October 18th. We were pleasantly surprised with the excellent service and modern upgrades by Marriott. While the highest hotel rating on the internet was a 3 for hotels in the Shreveport/Bossier City area, we would classify this Marriott as a 4-star. Our checkin was efficient and courteous, and we watched Thursday night football on the large flat screen in the lounge area, which was very modern in decor. The next morning we were nicely greeted by Roxie, Alicia and Marsha in the bistro. Did I say bistro? Yes, the menu was modern with healthy choices. Not to mention the lattes and expresso drink choices. During checkout, Margarita handled our check smoothly. The location of the hotel is near the boardwalk, walking distance to shops and places to eat. We enjoyed dinner at Salt Grass Steakhouse but there were many other options to choose from. Boardwalk is a great place to bring the family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The location might be good but this hotel is not. It seems that the Courtyard puts their money into their facade of the building, into the facade of the rooms to make them look better than they really are. When I made my reservation, I asked for a room away from the train which a number of people had complained about. Supposedly I had that room but I heard that train loud and clear. I was traveling on business and arrived hungry for a decent meal. The little cafe which is open from 5-9pm has little to be desired and the sandwich I ordered was made my teenage waitresses who appeared to have not made sandwiches before. As evidenced by my meal, they had not. I ventured out of the hotel to see if I could find a decent restaurant. The outlet mall that borders The Courtyard was deserted. Not appealing to an out of town traveler.

Room Tip: You can ask for a room that is away from the train. The first room I was in faced another building a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
White Oak, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel is exceptionally clean (probably because it's still fairly new). It is conveniently located on the boardwalk and you can walk to all the shopping and restaurants that are located there - they even have a little trolley that goes up and down the boardwalk if you don't feel like walking. I was very disappointed when I checked in my room and found that our view was train tracks and the load clacking and squealing "brakes" sound that goes with the trains. What a stupid place to put a hotel - backed up to a running railroad! Anyway, all was fixed when we promptly returned to the front desk and asked for a quieter room. We were moved across the hall and it ended up being a good choice as we never heard the train again. What we did hear was everyone else in the rooms around us. I have never been in a hotel as nice as this that had such thin walls. I could hear the couple above us the entire night of our stay and arguing the next morning. We had to make a call to the front desk at 11:30 that night because they were still excessively loud (dropping things, banging things, stomping across the floor non practically non-stop, etc.) It seems like the noise did stop almost completely after we made the complaint. All I can say is thank God they were arguing, because if they had been doing the opposite, my entire family would have heard the act, that I'm sure of. This hotel should have put LESS money into the pointless aesthetics (spotlights on floral arrangements in the rooms) and MORE money into the thickness of their walls! Overhearing other guests was the only reason I gave this hotel a 4 rating instead of 5. Other cons: no free breakfast, the pool is outside/seasonal, and so-so front desk service. I say this because my husband asked for assistance over in their bistro area on Sunday morning and they said they were going to send someone over so he could purchase a cup of coffee, but no one ever showed up even though he waited for 10 minutes. The other "issue" - one of the front desk clerks has a boyfriend or husband that hangs out (presumably her entire shift). This was unprofessional because he was either standing beside her while the other front desk clerk checked guests in, or he was lurking around the reception/lobby area for hours...creepy, to say the least. Pros: location, cleanliness, ease of check-in and check-out, spacious rooms and nicely decorated. This hotel was just a short stroll from the spa that we booked a couple's massage at. We will return!

Room Tip: Make SURE that you specify a room that does not back up to the train tracks! If you want to experie...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bossier City, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Courtyard property is adjacent to the Louisiana Boardwalk, which is one of the more popular places to go in Bossier City. It's on the river, near the casinos and offers a nice selection of boutique style shops, restaurants and a large movie theatre. For those visiting the area, it's probably the best choice for a fun place to stay that is close and convenient to all in Shreveport and Bossier City. You really can't go wrong if you must visit the Bossier/Shreveport area. For a local, it's a fun place to stay for a night! Turn the day into a fun family experience by visiting the Boardwalk, see a movie, have a nice meal and relax by the pool. It's an even better choice for the 4th of July if you want to see the fireworks and not deal with traffic, as is what I did this past 4th!

The rooms are very nice and overall I would rate it above the majority of other Courtyard by Marriott properties. The staff was terrific and all had a super attitude--even though it was a very busy day at the Boardwalk and the hotel. Kudos to the staff--well done!!

Room Tip: Choose a step-out poolside room for a fun day and your room can double as a cabana!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jonesboro, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Loved this place, I hope they keep up the good work of keeping this place clean & up to date. Our trip was great. Really nice King size room,bed slept good, nice & clean. The air conditioner is a little loud for my husbands liking. But nice big TV, enjoyed the pool & whirlpool. Nice large visiting area with big TV, lots of sitting area, two computers for anyone to surf. They have a nice little snack bar area. Desk Help was very friendly. Best thing was not having to drive anywhere once there, since it is on the Boardwalk, we just walked everywhere. It is so nice to be that close to the Destiny Day Spa, so after your day at the spa you just walk a few feet to the hotel.
I will be back again for a Ladies day & night out soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I reserved a room for the forth of July! I requested a riverview! The staff was wonderful and the stay was even better! We stayed in the room for the firework show and it could not have been a better evening!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Boardwalk? Share your experiences!