“Shocked at the poor quality steaks!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
2 Johns is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 190 Restaurants in Bossier City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Railroad Tracks
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Shocked at the poor quality steaks!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We met friends at 2Johns last night for dinner. We had 6:30 reservations and were seated not long after we arrived. Our waitress was friendly, upbeat, & personable. We had the calamari and it was great! Our disappointment came with the steaks. We don't mind paying $40 for a wonderful cut of meat, but our ribeyes were tough and virtually inedible. I realize they do contain fat, it's the cut, but over half my steak was inedible, as well as my husbands. As far as seasoning, it was perfect! Quality of meat, poor. The potato au gratin was delicious.
This is the third time we have been here and we have not been real impressed by them. If we go back, it'll be for the calamari!

• Visited February 2014

Louisiana
“EXCELLENT FOOD, but service was SLOOOWWW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Celebrated our wedding anniversary on a Wednesday night at this nice restaurant. Cannot say anything negative about the food - it was absolutely delicious. We split an appetizer of shrimp and grits. Only served with 3 shrimp, but they were very nice size for appetizer. For the main course, I got the nightly special called Filet Oscar - 7oz filet with lump crab meat in a YUMMY creamy butter sauce. It also came with 3 jumbo shrimp on the side. Spouse had amazing Sea Bass, served over an delicious risotto. Holy Moly, it was SO GOOD! For dessert, we split a delicious huge, warm brownie that had a vanilla bean ice cream on top with chocolate & caramel drizzle. Left very full. The only negative side was our waitress. She knew the menu, but was VERY SLOW and not very attentive, but luckily other wait staff helped by refilling glasses & etc. We thought that maybe the restaurant just flows at slower pace, but after looking around at other tables, several other tables seated after us with other waiters were already gone. When asking for to-go box & check, she first went to a large table and took their orders, which took another 8-10 minutes. Owner came by table twice, very nice man. We will be going back again, but will hopefully have quicker service.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Haughton, Louisiana
“Mixed bag...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Recent trip - 4 people. Both ladies got steak, both men fish.

TLDR - salad, fish and desserts really good, steaks and coffee not so good.

Salads were great - all four of us really liked.
Ladies got filet - medium rare and medium. Surprisingly, neither of these were very good, I mean really not very good, as in on a par with outback, but many more $$. Shrimp added to steaks were overcooked.
Men got trout and mahi, both were excellent, fresh and well cooked. Would order again.
Shared desserts - creme brulee and chocolate fudge brownie were really good. Coffee on the other hand, wasn't. Not sure what it was, but it was weak and it wasn't coffee.

• Visited January 2014
Shreveport
“Another John Needed Last Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Have eaten there several times. John-1 is on constant friendly watch, circulating, meeting and greeting. John-2 is the son chef. Nicely appointed. Friendly staff. Comfortable and welcoming.

After being seated, it was 20 minutes before our drink orders were taken. The Old Fashion was excellent. Then it was another 20 minutes till we got to order our food.

Fried calamari for the table was OK, but too much batter per calamari. Arrived at table warm, not hot.

Snapper soup was excellent, and I wish I'd just doubled down and skipped the entrée.

The fried gulf shrimp has always been excellent, but not tonight. The batter was soggy and the shrimp just pretty warm, instead of the usual rippin' hot. The accompanying potatoes were tepid, and (dining with friends) I discretely asked for a hot side of the same. They arrived three degrees above tepid, prompting another of our foursome to remark "Were your potatoes cold, too?" My wife's risotto and red snapper was very tasty and piping hot, so I conclude things were sitting in the kitchen too long. And from this I conclude that more kitchen staff were needed. Maybe a 3rd John? Our server was hustling, but needed more help. Perhaps a 4th John?

I have no doubt that John-1 would have corrected problems, and we will go back, but I went to enjoy dining with friends, not struggle for a good dinner.

2 Johns is a good bet, but can be more of a bet than I prefer? Still, fine people doing their best to be the best.

Dr. Scott says: Do check it out.

• Visited November 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Went here on my Birthday and it was a wonderful gift to myself. The steaks are absolutely wonderful, tender and moist. The wine selection is superb. The service and ambience are beyond compare. The only drawback is the location, it's in a rather small strip center next to the railroad tracks.

• Visited April 2013