“Don't stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Havana, Illinois
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel needs a compete over haul the pool had smoke butts in the pool window haven't been washed in years house keeping and maint. Need fired the owner needs fined and the place needs to be closed down by the health dept. tell all things are fixed bed are broke down walls and ceiling has holes in them.its a real slum

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Well its almost everything... The best thing this place has going for it is it's location. If you are here to gamble and dont plan on spending to much time in your room then this will work. The rates are really low so you can take your savings to the slot machines. The rooms are dated but have always been clean. The staff is very friendly here. The rooms have a microwave and fridge. There is a asian restaurant connected to the Inn and a gas station at the entrance.
*Note"
I would not recommend this to women traveling alone because this Inn is used nightly by many workers in the area, so the property is mostly men.

The statements in my reviews are true and are solely based on my own personal travel experiences and therefore do not reflect the views or opinions of other travelers whom have been here before me.
Mark

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Magnolia, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were in town for 1 night to celebrate my husband's best friends 40th birthday......After we checked, we literally had to kick the door in to get it to open. After we entered the room, it was absolutely DISGUSTING. Due to some sort of stickiness on the tile floor, my shoe got stuck. I picked up the phone to call the lobby and have them change our room, THE PHONE DIDN'T WORK. My husband and I picked up all of the things and went back to the lobby. We were then moved to another room. At first glance, all seemed OK. We changed clothes and went out for the evening. When we got back to our room, my husband turned on the TV, only to discover that it didn't work. We called the lobby and they sent their maintenance man (which was the shuttle driver) to fix the TV, he was in the room a minute and a half and left.....didn't say a word. After about 10 minutes, the lady @ the front desk called to say that he had to pick someone up and would be back in about 30 minutes. At this point, my husband is livid......He then went down to request a refund and find another hotel, (he would have rather slept in our truck). We were then moved to the 3rd room. Again, at first glance, all seemed OK until about 3am....when all of a sudden there is a LOUD EAR-PIERCING sound coming from somewhere. We finally found the root of the problem to be the smoke detector......I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE.....STAY AWAY FROM THIS NASTY BROKE DOWN HOTEL

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Had to change rooms 4 times because one or two things wouldn't work (tv,no phone, heat, a/c, microwave). Plug in sink area kept flipping the breaker. Holes in the walls. Beds were bowed in the middle. Definitely not going to stay here again. But I do have to say that the staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked the room in advance. The Internet has not been updated. The address is now 750 Diamond Jack Blvd. Not the Isle of Capri Blvd. The internet said extra towels in room, continental breakfast. (if you call mini muffins, white bread, stale donuts and dry biscuits breakfast). The staff was very accomidating. Gave me my first room smelled like cat urine. I had been driving for 8 hours and had a 5 year old sleeping in the truck brought her to our room, wow what a disappointment. Second Room door doesn't shut, had to make sure to use the chain lock, paint peeling, rust stains, bowed furninture, water in shower doesn't stop running. They offered me an extended checkout, which was nice. The vent in shower had an inch thick worth of dust in it. I was so unimpressed with this place ! OMG I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me to! Wow, really the staff was very nice and accomidating though! It isn't their fault, it is the owners. There were big rolls of rugs on the side of the building. I was in shock!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
lafayette
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

If I could give this place a negative rating I would.
Went here to avoid the Hurricane down south BIG BIG mistake. This place should not be opened any more. Everything is wrong with this place. The a/c was full of mold and mildew and blew out a smoking smell. The towels had stains on them. The water in the sink had NO pressure it trickle out. The list could go on and on. I left and day earlier and they still charged me for an additional night. I could not stay there another night it was the worse place I have ever been. I don't understand how they pass any type of inspection codes. Certainly wish I could have been warned by someone before I booked at this place. One other thing this was a very low class motel and I saw a guy in a BMW drive up in the back of the hotel and make a transaction of some sort...you figure it out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

we call derict to the hotel reguarding a room for friday and sat. night when we arrived with our notpet the sign on the door said no pets allowed if found a 300.00 fee will be added to your room when i ask about the sign i was told its a sc are tactic so people will let them know about their pets okkkk then we get our room we unpacked all our things walked our dog and went to the casino needless to say their was trash under the bed and the room was hot as h tell anyway weturned on the ac and off we went when we got back 3 hours later the room was not cold the ac was not working right we went to the front desk who sent the driver from the hotel to fix the ac he got to the room and said its blowing cold i let him know we had the ac on for 3 hours and the room is still hot he then said o its one of our old ones and the compressure is going out youll have to change rooms after we repacked changed rooms got a little sleep we then went to eat breakfast juice donut and rolls it was crap that needed to be heated up but a big sign you cant run the mic-wave and toaster at the same time or the fuse will blow with all the kid and people it was reset twice in the 45 mins i was their well after a trip back to the casino we got back tiredso we orderd pizzawe didnt get our pizza due to the front desk didnt change our room number in the computer and we had to get our cards reprogramed 2 times this hotel is crap i kid you not dont stay at the bossier inn

Room Tip: stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bossier Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!