“As expected for the price” 3 of 5 stars

DiamondJacks Casino and Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   711 DiamondJack's Boulevard, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Comanche, Texas
“As expected for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Out hotel room was as expected for the price we paid. The room was clean and presentable upon our arrival and smelled very clean and inviting. There was some wear and tear to the room but nothing that was intolerable. The A/C unit did not keep the room cold, however we weren't uncomfortable either. The humidity was very high when we visited and I'm sure this affected the ability of the A/C unit to cool the room efficiently. The bed was more on the firm side which was acceptable to me but not my wife.

The hotel grounds were very nice and clean, the resort appeared to be in a good location and was a 2-3 minute drive from other places of interest in Bossier City and Shreveport. We visited the pool late one afternoon and were frustrated to learn when we got to the pool that we would have to go back up to the front desk and obtain wristbands before being allowed to enter the pool. This was a minor inconvenience and we would have preferred to have known about this requirement prior to arriving at the pool.

The casino showed it's age but was fun. We did not notice that the slots were any tighter or looser than machines at other casinos in the area, however my wife and I only played the penny slot machines. Staff at the Casino were friendly and helpful.

My wife and I both agreed that Diamond Jacks would be a hotel worth returning to in the future.

Room Tip: The casino and restaurants are a good ways away from the hotel. A room closer to the elevators will...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Check in person was very rude. Room was nasty. Holes in the wall and counter. Coffee pot was stained and either had roach feces or coffee grounds in it. Counter had coffee stains on it. Mildew and dirt in the shower. Entire floor smelled like a a truck full of nail polish remover exploded. Never staying here again. Although... The 3 women who were there the next morning were very helpful. We checked out early, were comped our room and went up the road the the Hilton garden inn.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Smoker friendly. Our room was extremely clean. It had a separate sitting area and a large bathroom with a garden tub and shower. Ate at the buffet and the grill. The food was very good. Staff at the hotel and casino are very courteous and informative.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Dirty dirty dirty!!! Bathroom had hair all over the floor, puke behind the toilet, smelled, nasty dirty carpet. Booked online for non smoking, wound up with a smoking room and I was told that its first come first serve. We slept with the lights on to keep roaches away (just in case). Neighbors were loud all night. I couldn't wait to check out in the morning. I have never been so grossed out and uncomfortable in my life!

Bossier City, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I live in the same area as this hotel so I have never had an opportunity to stay on this property before. I have stayed in the Diamond Jacks hotel in Vicksburg Mississippi before and its generally an okay hotel. Never had any major problems. So; about a week ago the power went out in my neighborhood and as opposed to waiting for the power company to get the power back on; I decided to take my family to a hotel. We chose this Diamond Jacks to stay in and let me tell you; it was my first and last time EVER staying at this property. Though the price was very reasonable and actually the person at the front desk was quite nice as well; the hotel room was horrible! The first thing I noticed about the room was that it was very outdated. I almost could not believe my eyes when I walked into the room.. I felt like I was in a time warp from the 80s. In addition to this the bathroom was not clean at all. There was rust/mildew all in the shower and around the edges of the door and floors. It was pretty gross. Because it was just one night and last minute; I just decided not to worry about it. I then decided to get some room service because it was after 8 when I checked in and the number to the room service was on the phone and in a book but when I called room service I couldn't get an answer. After about 4 calls to room service with no answer; I decided to call the operator and was told that room service did not pick up the phone all the time but that; I needed to just look in the menu book, call room service back and leave a message of what I wanted to order and they would get back with me as soon as they could. No time frames, No one to answer questions, etc. I have never heard anything so ridiculous at a hotel that is supposed to be a casino hotel. On the room service book they had several different times listed for various types of room service but I soon found out it was an incorrect schedule because room service actually stopped serving at 10p.m. How lazy can you be not to update room service menus? Guests think they will be able to get service during the listed times but cannot. Who ever heard of a casino resort hotel that has no room service beyond 10 pm and no actual individual answering the phones to take orders? All in all I was so amazed at how terrible this place was that it actually was one of the reasons I was prompted to join Trip Advisor. I just had to be able to write this review. Please don't stay at this place. It is old, outdated, and dirty. No manager was available to help with anything! The worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I am amazed they have been able to stay in business operating this way

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times and have no complaints. Everybody isn't going to be pleased with that in mind when coming here one usually comes to gamble and hopefully win. The jacuzzi tubs are nice and bigger than most others in the area and the room service us great. As far as the decor...yes it needs to be updated and the internet and tv selection could definitely use a haul.
The housekeeping and other staff here were excellent no complaints.

• Stayed May 2013
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The rooms definitely need updating. Aside from updating issues, there were more serious issues. The shower barely dribbled water to take a shower. I picked up the phone to call the Front Desk, but the phone doesn't work--nothing, completely dead. The make-up mirror was wobbly and wouldn't stay in place so it was no good. When we were checking out, i told the lady about the inoperable phone, dribbly shower head, and broken make-up mirror. She said "DId you try to call us to let us know?" I said "How can I call if the phone doesn't work?" Add to the list the staff is not very helpful. Also the pillows were like air. I tossed and turned all night as I couldn't get any support from the pillow. Not a good visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to DiamondJacks Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!