“Love and and Dislike it!!” 3 of 5 stars

DiamondJacks Casino and Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   711 DiamondJack's Boulevard, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Ranked #24 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Ferris, Texas
“Love and and Dislike it!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been staying at this property since I was 21. I love the place. However, I had some bad experiences lately. First of all I haven't stayed in awhile because we have been going to Oklahoma instead. We love Shreveport and wanted to go again because we hadn't been in so long. So Diamond Jacks it is and always has been. With that said here is the good and bad. I made a reservation the week before and inadvertently made a mistake and booked the wrong night. I called the hotel to fix the reservation and was spoken to like I was a complete idiot. They were rude and not helpful at all. She ended up hanging up on me!! I was louder than I should have been but I was upset very upset but only after she refused to look up my reservation because "it hadn't been long enough" What?? I never called her names or anything like that I never deserved to be hung up on. Then after I finally got this worked out I emailed the supervisor explaining what happened. Never got any response. To me just an acknowledgement would have went a long way. However, upon check in I was pleasantly surprised with customer service. The casino is smaller than I remember and not many of the games are up to date. The ones that are are on the main floor of the casino along with all the table games. The wait staff seemed to be more plentiful than in previous visits. The rooms are a hot mess. I love the jacuzzi in the room. I got in it twice in an overnight stay!!!! The curtains are from when the place was Isle of Capri like almost 8 or more years ago. The rest of the decor was from Isle of Capri also. Its not bad it just had not be redone and it is just a little odd. The place needs some updating and new bedding. The comforter looked like it had been washed way too many times. Which I guess is actually a good thing. The room service was to die for. The wait is about normal for room service and priced about pretty normal too. Any room service is expensive. I had the NY Strip and Clam Chowder. I am not kidding it was the best steak I have ever had!!! Ever!! And the lady that brought it to me was great!!!! Check out was a breeze. We will stay again my hubby loves it there because we feel comfortable. Other than that it just normal. But it's my normal. Its home away from home in Shreveport!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is like my 4th time staying here. The first time was great. I was in a suite with a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. The room was spacious although the bath area was smaller than I anticipated. There is no frig in the room (available upon request) nor any free wifi. The other two times the stay was alright.

This 4th time...OMG!!! Where do I begin? Starting with the initial reservation. We did a three way call because we wanted to make sure they got our reservations right as we wanted adjoining rooms (meaning you can walk thru from room to room). She said no problem. Good this trip is gonna be good or so we thought.

Upon checking in we were told one room was not ready yet. We decided to all go to the one room and wait. We got upstairs housekeeping was cleaning our adjoining room. Great. When they finished cleaning we could just go down and pick up the key. We go down to the desk, she gives us the room key. I looked at the key like I don't think this is the right room key because the room numbers decreased as we walked down the hallway. Needless to say, the key was not for the adjoining room but the room next to ours. We called back down to the desk and were told the adjoining room was reserved to someone else.

Just when we thought things couldn't get any worse, we found the toilet was not working. We called maintenance and he came right up. We asked why had the previous renter or housekeeping not informed them of this problem, housekeeping had cleaned the room right? He replaced a part only to find that wasn't the problem. He left and came back about 45 mins later with another tank. That did resolve the problem. It was just a calamity of events. The room mix up may have been due to there being a Mardi Gras party being held at the hotel that night.

The hotel is okay. A major upgrade is needed at the hotel. It's not one of the better places to stay that offer the casino as entertainment. The televisions def need replacing/upgrading.
We did enjoy the buffet as well as the cafe across from the buffet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Property is in desperate need of repair and general maintenance. Room was incredibly unclean. I understand things have age but this doesn't mean you should neglect brushing the dust off. Service is always great and employees friendly. I wish it was enough to overlook the rest. Place has potential.

• Stayed December 2012
Norman, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We haven't stayed in one of their rooms in a long time, but we visit this area several times a year and try to visit all the Casinos while we are here. The room was nice the last time we were here and the food in the restaurants was good as well. We really like their Mexican restaurant here and worth a trip for that. The Casino machines are extremely tight and this place is dead. It's been bought by the Oklahoma Chickasaw Nation company who owns the 2nd largest Casino in the World “Winstar World Casino” on the South Boarder of Oklahoma and Texas off IH35. They have a huge reputation for coming in and changing the slots to where they are so tight you get zero play for your money. It will be very interesting to find out if they do it here as well. It probably won’t work here because of so much competition and the new Margaretville coming soon. They have a captured audience in Oklahoma, so they really stick it to them. The Winstar slots aren’t as tight because they have competition with the Choctaw Casino not far away; but in the Oklahoma City area they are the worst machines around to play because of little to no competition. We will see what they end up doing to Diamond Jacks?

Room Tip: The slots are very tight, so you might want to try other Casinos in the area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Corpus Christi, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed at this property last Summer and had a good experience so I decided to give them another try. What a mistake! I am not sure what has happened, but it was a completely different experience. I was back in Shreveport for a few days in December 2012 and spent the first night there. That was enough. The staff acted like they did not care if I was there. The buffet and room were OK, but not worth dealing with the poor attitude from the staff. We moved to another property and were treated MUCH better. I will not stay here again until they make a major change in attitude. Hopefully the management will take a close look at their operation and do what needs to be done to improve it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Albemarle, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

go to Starbucks buy a 3 dollar coffee and surf internet free all day and have friendly service, go here to DiamondJacks spend hard earned money and have to pay for internet in 2 hr increments. Can I get a big BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they have to be joking, my money will be spent elsewhere

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hotel lobby and public areas are nice, new and clean. Unfortunately that stops as soon as you open, or should I say try to open your room door! The key to our room worked without a problem, but you had to put your shoulder into the door to get it open. Once inside you had to slam the door to get it shut. There were too many disappointments inside the room to list, suffice to say it's old, worn out, broken or dirty. The place hasn't been remodeled since it was 'The Isle of Capri'!
If all you want to do is get to the casino and gamble, and don't care where or what you sleep in, you'll be happy,,,,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to DiamondJacks Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!