“A little Dirty?” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Dallas, Texas
“A little Dirty?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I enjoyed the experiance but am more accustom to cleaner rooms. They say all rooms are suites but they all need to be redone. Funiture not matching and just old and dirty. They smoke in the casino so even in the Non-Smoking rooms there is a strong smell of cigarettes.
The pools was very nice. Buffett was overpriced.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Hurst, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

At Check-in, the staff seemed friendly, although we were told at check in that there were no non-smoking rooms available. We accepted the accommodations they DID have and were very disappointed. I would rate the room itself less than a one star hotel. Our room did not appear to have been updated since the hotel was built. The trashcan in the bathroom had not been emptied from the previous guest, and the bathroom was generally not clean. The toilet paper holder was broken. The toilet paper was on the tank of the toilet. The shower was not clean, the slipguard on the shower floor was peeling, and the primary color striped wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling. There was a 7" antenna TV in the bathroom which appeared to have been there since the late 1980s. We had tropical flower curtains, harlequin designed chairs in the "living" area, and the jacuzzi tub was not at all clean. The bedspread was lumpy, and we found crunched chips in the bed. We had no towels in our room. I was very surprised at the poor quality of the room as the rest of the hotel seemed to be in fairly good shape. When we requested a different room, we were told none were available. Since we booked through a third party, no refunds were available either. Very disappointed. My husband and I had a quick getaway to Shreveport for the Texas A&M/Louisiana Tech game, and we were not at all pleased with the accommodations. We Priceline frequently, and this is the first time we have been very disappointed. The public spaces may rate a 3*, but the room we stayed in (509) was less than a one star. Skip it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Longview, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I booked a room 2 months in advance. We got to the hotel around 1 pm and tried to check in. The lady at the desk told us to there were no rooms available yet and to check back in an hour. An hour later, still no rooms. At 4:30, past check in time, still no rooms. Before leaving for our event, the staff assured us our room would be ready upon our return. We got back around 1 am, and STILL NO ROOMS! Staff was rude and unapologetic. Spent the night in the car in the parking lot. Absolutely miserable experience. We have stayed at several other Shreveport hotels with no problems. Diamond jack's is TERRIBLE! Don't stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The staff was nice, and the room was reasonably priced.

The cleanliness left a lot to be desired.

The sheets looked clean, but the carpets didn't look vacuumed, the furniture looked like it needed to be wiped down, there was mildew around the tub, and the shower and tub seemed as if they hadn't had a good scrub in eons.

As a side note, what should be the sitting area I guess was a bit odd. There were two chairs on one side of the room and an empty credenza type piece of furniture that looked like it at one time held a television. There was no television there, and the placement of the chairs did not allow for viewing of the tv by the beds.

The chairs looked pretty dingy too though, so I don't think I'd have sat in them anyway.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get one that overlooks the dumpster in the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked a room for Sept. 29th for one night. I wanted a Double no smoking but got a Double smoking even though I waited til after 3 to get the room. My husband and I went to the room and were not impressed at all especially since we paid $129 plus tax for this room. The decor did not match at all. The window coverings, chairs and decorative pillows were all different patterns and colors. The carpet was stained. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls. The water sprinklers in the ceiling are rusted. Paint is chipping off the mirrors in the bathroom. Dust on the ceiling around ceiling fan, around a/c unit and on top of tv and furniture. The room had an outdated 19" tv in the bedroom and an outdated 6" tv in bathroom with no remote. The towels were rough. Shower had mildew or mold on walls and on the floor around it. The beds did sleep well and we enjoyed the jacuzzi tub. The staff was very nice about this whole ordeal. There rooms do not come equipped with refridgerators and they do not mention that when you are booking the room and I think they should because evidently they only have a few. I will not be staying at this hotel/casino again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The staff were very polite However, after entering our room we found:

1. The TV remote did not work.
2. The bathroom TV did not have a remote
3. Rust/ mildew was visible in the corners of the shower floor.
4. A $10 per day internet charge.
5. The A/C unit failed during the middle of the night.
6. A 20 foot plus wall located outside our window blocked our view.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rowlett, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

DiamondJacks is one of 5 casinos operating in the Shreveport/Bossier City areas. My review combines one recent stay at the hotel and three recent visits to the casino on separate days.

The hotel is decent - rooms are of ample size, clean, and tastefully furnished. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub. a decemt selection of amenities, fluffy towels, and a coffee maker. The main bedroom had a comfortable bed, but there was no desk or other work area, other than an inconvenient table, that could be used as work space. Having stayed in this hotel on prior occasions, I know that some rooms do have a work desk, which I believe is essential in any upscale hotel. But this room didn't have one.

Check-in and check-out were both handled efficiently by a pleasant front desk person.

Now, about the casino...

The casino is nothing special. It is small, somewhat cramped, with only a handful of table games to choose from. The attitude of floor personnel varied from pleasant to standoffish. At crowded times, it's difficult to get a seat at the regular blackjack tables, because so few tables seem to be open at any one time, but perhaps the open more tables at times when I don't hapeen to be in the casino. I don't know. But what I do know is that most of the times that I've been to this casino, including the three most recent visits being reported on here, the games have been crowded. And given the economics of the game, I'm surprised that the casino doesn't keep more games open, particularly to attract people like me who don't like to sit at a full table, due to the slow pace that results when dealing to a full table.

Now, to the complaint. On my last visit to the casino, I brought along a friend of mine who had traveled out from Virginia to visit me for the weekend. He was stopped at the entrance to the casino by security, who wished to check his ID. That was not a problem, as he looks younger than his 33 years, but the person checking the ID would not accept it. He produced a Virginia driver's license with his picture, yet the staff claimed that the picture wasn't him. Now, sure, drivers license pictures aren't always the best, but the picture was not a bad resemblance, and the fact of the matter is that this ID has been used many times, in many places - other casinos, stores, passing through airport security, and the like - with no problems. Yet for some reason, the casino rejected it here with the claim that the picture didn't match.

Seems to me that if that were really true, my friend would have run into similar claims from time to time in situations requiring an ID. Indeed, for his air travel from Richmond, he passed thru TSA security with no problems. He was asked for his ID at all the other casinos we visited in Shreveport, but not one of them had an issue with the photograph. Now while it is within the rights of DiamondJacks to decide for themselves whether or not an ID is valid, they would do well to take a closer look at their procedures so that "false denials" become fewer and fewer. In this case, DJ's was the only time this ID has ever been challenged, let alone rejected. Had similar problems been run into elsewhere, my friend would have understood, but when an occurrance such as this is the only event of its kind, it creates hard feelings and harms their image with their customer. For whether or not DJ's believed it, my friend was who he said he was, and his ID told the truth.

I spoke to a supervisor to no avail about this. We just left and went back to Boomtown.

Room Tip: If you need a room with a desk, be sure to mention that when you check in.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to DiamondJacks Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!