“Nothing Special ... and one complaint.” 3 of 5 stars

DiamondJacks Casino and Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   711 DiamondJack's Boulevard, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Ranked #26 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Rowlett, Texas
“Nothing Special ... and one complaint.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

DiamondJacks is one of 5 casinos operating in the Shreveport/Bossier City areas. My review combines one recent stay at the hotel and three recent visits to the casino on separate days.

The hotel is decent - rooms are of ample size, clean, and tastefully furnished. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub. a decemt selection of amenities, fluffy towels, and a coffee maker. The main bedroom had a comfortable bed, but there was no desk or other work area, other than an inconvenient table, that could be used as work space. Having stayed in this hotel on prior occasions, I know that some rooms do have a work desk, which I believe is essential in any upscale hotel. But this room didn't have one.

Check-in and check-out were both handled efficiently by a pleasant front desk person.

Now, about the casino...

The casino is nothing
special. It is small, somewhat cramped, with only a handful of table games to choose from. The attitude of floor personnel varied from pleasant to standoffish. At crowded times, it's difficult to get a seat at the regular blackjack tables, because so few tables seem to be open at any one time, but perhaps the open more tables at times when I don't hapeen to be in the casino. I don't know. But what I do know is that most of the times that I've been to this casino, including the three most recent visits being reported on here, the games have been crowded. And given the economics of the game, I'm surprised that the casino doesn't keep more games open, particularly to attract people like me who don't like to sit at a full table, due to the slow pace that results when dealing to a full table.

Now, to the complaint. On my last visit to the casino, I brought along a friend of mine who had traveled out from Virginia to visit me for the weekend. He was stopped at the entrance to the casino by security, who wished to check his ID. That was not a problem, as he looks younger than his 33 years, but the person checking the ID would not accept it. He produced a Virginia driver's license with his picture, yet the staff claimed that the picture wasn't him. Now, sure, drivers license pictures aren't always the best, but the picture was not a bad resemblance, and the fact of the matter is that this ID has been used many times, in many places - other casinos, stores, passing through airport security, and the like - with no problems. Yet for some reason, the casino rejected it here with the claim that the picture didn't match.

Seems to me that if that were really true, my friend would have run into similar claims from time to time in situations requiring an ID. Indeed, for his air travel from Richmond, he passed thru TSA security with no problems. He was asked for his ID at all the other casinos we visited in Shreveport, but not one of them had an issue with the photograph. Now while it is within the rights of DiamondJacks to decide for themselves whether or not an ID is valid, they would do well to take a closer look at their procedures so that "false denials" become fewer and fewer. In this case, DJ's was the only time this ID has ever been challenged, let alone rejected. Had similar problems been run into elsewhere, my friend would have understood, but when an occurrance such as this is the only event of its kind, it creates hard feelings and harms their image with their customer. For whether or not DJ's believed it, my friend was who he said he was, and his ID told the truth.

I spoke to a supervisor to no avail about this. We just left and went back to Boomtown.

Room Tip: If you need a room with a desk, be sure to mention that when you check in.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Bossier City Surprise: After dropping our son off at UNT we had a couple of days to kill. I decided to check out the casinos in Shreveport / Bossier City. I first checked into the Horseshoe which seemed to be the newest. Luckily it was full (and over priced), so I booked at Diamond Jacks. I saw that some of the reviews were mixed, but took a chance and was glad I did. For the modest price of $100 per night we had a huge Jacuzzi suite. The room was clean and attractive; however, the best surprise was the people. Both the hotel and casino staff were friendly and went out of their way to make our experience fantastic. Both my wife and I agree it was one of our best weekends. Thank you Diamond Jacks!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Marcos, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at here on 5th. and 6th of August and the A.C. was not working in our room so they moved us to other room that the A.C.did work.This room ad had a T.V. in the bathroom ,I turned it on ,but then you could not turn it off, so it was on all the time . The room was very outdated, when they moved us they said that it was the new part ,if this was the new part I would hate to see the old.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Van, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Well, since my spouse and son received a free night stay here and we have not been since they took over Isle of Capri..we decided to try them out. Boy, it was a mistake!!
Unfortunately, the rooms are so outdated and NASTY! My son's room was dirty upon checking in and asked for another room. They accomodated and gave another room. Upon arriving in that room, looked cleaner but upon observing every angle...LOOK UNDER BEDS from now on any where you stay!! Grossly found a CHICKEN BONE where the housekeepers are NOT doing their job properly.
As for both rooms, BEDS are needing replaced. Sits very low to the floor where my 2-year old granddaughter can easily climb into. TV's the old-fashioned Boxed style...Curtains?? Well, they are the old Isle of Capri Tropical Parrots....Sitting chairs near window stained bad and so was a big stain spot on carpet...Shower heads are tarnished and hard water corroded...
The two things positive on this place is the pool and buffet. Not top rated, in my opinion, but good.
PEOPLE of DIAMONDJACKS...take heed and listen to patrons...You need to update the HOTEL. Go take a gander at my favorite spot..SAM'S TOWN!! They have remodeled and looks beautiful.

Room Tip: Only tip I can honestly give...if you are money tight and don't mind some filth..this is the pla...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I am quite baffled by some of these reviews. I am a local; lived in the area almost my whole life. The resort itself is very nice; I've never had any problems with the staff. The prices are unbelievable, especially during the week. (The hotel even offers specials for $69 from time to time)

What makes this place better than any other is the jetted hot tubs!!! I have seriously tried finding other hotels that include this feature, and I have come up short!

Whether your out on business, road trip, or with that special someone, I would recommend this! (Wouldn't necessarily recommend for family staying, however considering most hotels are "ghetto-fied" I'd definitely choose this one over any other!

Room Tip: I've been given random rooms on several occasions; Not once have I ran into any issues.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Calera, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Put us on 3rd floor (smoking) the halls were moldy, stinking and huge part of carpet tore. Room has ROACHS, pubic hairs in bathroom floor, carpet sticky, bed made me itch. Couldn't sleep because of it. Beds lumpy and hard, I had to clean the whole room because it wasn't cleaned. Paint in bathroom pealing and holes where the coffee pot was. Mold around the floor and shower. It was just not clean at all. I was so disappointed. Hair dryer didn't work. Ceil fan blades bent and full of dirt.
Won't hardly rotate. One tv and found extra remote in floor behind chair. Ash on end tables, floor and bathroom. I was told they remodeled it , I LIKE TO KNOW WHERE. I had bad time the last time I was there. Thought I would give it one more chance but this is it. Go to Horse Shoe, Sam's Town or even Boom Town. But this place has gone to the dogs since Diamond Jack has bought it from Isle Capri. Use to enjoy it but not any more. And I love the conpenstation you get for this. NOTHING but yet they want you to come back NO THANK YOU. I don't want to catch anything or bring any thing home. So go some where else.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here for one night after sightseeing the south of Louisiana. We checked in, which took over 15minutes since there was a huge line plus only 2 clerks were working. Went into the room to unpack and immediately saw lamp cords sticking out of the couch. They didn't use the proper concealer to hide the wires, it became an eye sore for the majority of the time we were in the room. After notifying the front desk of this situation, they told us that there was nothing they could do to relieve us. Wow, your a representative for your hotel and your telling me theres nothing you can do. Unbelievable, just unbelievable. Will NOT be staying here again. I will go some place else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to DiamondJacks Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!