“Great Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   711 DiamondJack's Boulevard, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Ranked #24 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
“Great Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Bossier City Surprise: After dropping our son off at UNT we had a couple of days to kill. I decided to check out the casinos in Shreveport / Bossier City. I first checked into the Horseshoe which seemed to be the newest. Luckily it was full (and over priced), so I booked at Diamond Jacks. I saw that some of the reviews were mixed, but took a chance and was glad I did. For the modest price of $100 per night we had a huge Jacuzzi suite. The room was clean and attractive; however, the best surprise was the people. Both the hotel and casino staff were friendly and went out of their way to make our experience fantastic. Both my wife and I agree it was one of our best weekends. Thank you Diamond Jacks!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
San Marcos, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at here on 5th. and 6th of August and the A.C. was not working in our room so they moved us to other room that the A.C.did work.This room ad had a T.V. in the bathroom ,I turned it on ,but then you could not turn it off, so it was on all the time . The room was very outdated, when they moved us they said that it was the new part ,if this was the new part I would hate to see the old.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Van, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Well, since my spouse and son received a free night stay here and we have not been since they took over Isle of Capri..we decided to try them out. Boy, it was a mistake!!
Unfortunately, the rooms are so outdated and NASTY! My son's room was dirty upon checking in and asked for another room. They accomodated and gave another room. Upon arriving in that room, looked cleaner but upon observing every angle...LOOK UNDER BEDS from now on any where you stay!! Grossly found a CHICKEN BONE where the housekeepers are NOT doing their job properly.
As for both rooms, BEDS are needing replaced. Sits very low to the floor where my 2-year old granddaughter can easily climb into. TV's the old-fashioned Boxed style...Curtains?? Well, they are the old Isle of Capri Tropical Parrots....Sitting chairs near window stained bad and so was a big stain spot on carpet...Shower heads are tarnished and hard water corroded...
The two things positive on this place is the pool and buffet. Not top rated, in my opinion, but good.
PEOPLE of DIAMONDJACKS...take heed and listen to patrons...You need to update the HOTEL. Go take a gander at my favorite spot..SAM'S TOWN!! They have remodeled and looks beautiful.

Room Tip: Only tip I can honestly give...if you are money tight and don't mind some filth..this is the pla...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I am quite baffled by some of these reviews. I am a local; lived in the area almost my whole life. The resort itself is very nice; I've never had any problems with the staff. The prices are unbelievable, especially during the week. (The hotel even offers specials for $69 from time to time)

What makes this place better than any other is the jetted hot tubs!!! I have seriously tried finding other hotels that include this feature, and I have come up short!

Whether your out on business, road trip, or with that special someone, I would recommend this! (Wouldn't necessarily recommend for family staying, however considering most hotels are "ghetto-fied" I'd definitely choose this one over any other!

Room Tip: I've been given random rooms on several occasions; Not once have I ran into any issues.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Calera, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Put us on 3rd floor (smoking) the halls were moldy, stinking and huge part of carpet tore. Room has ROACHS, pubic hairs in bathroom floor, carpet sticky, bed made me itch. Couldn't sleep because of it. Beds lumpy and hard, I had to clean the whole room because it wasn't cleaned. Paint in bathroom pealing and holes where the coffee pot was. Mold around the floor and shower. It was just not clean at all. I was so disappointed. Hair dryer didn't work. Ceil fan blades bent and full of dirt.
Won't hardly rotate. One tv and found extra remote in floor behind chair. Ash on end tables, floor and bathroom. I was told they remodeled it , I LIKE TO KNOW WHERE. I had bad time the last time I was there. Thought I would give it one more chance but this is it. Go to Horse Shoe, Sam's Town or even Boom Town. But this place has gone to the dogs since Diamond Jack has bought it from Isle Capri. Use to enjoy it but not any more. And I love the conpenstation you get for this. NOTHING but yet they want you to come back NO THANK YOU. I don't want to catch anything or bring any thing home. So go some where else.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here for one night after sightseeing the south of Louisiana. We checked in, which took over 15minutes since there was a huge line plus only 2 clerks were working. Went into the room to unpack and immediately saw lamp cords sticking out of the couch. They didn't use the proper concealer to hide the wires, it became an eye sore for the majority of the time we were in the room. After notifying the front desk of this situation, they told us that there was nothing they could do to relieve us. Wow, your a representative for your hotel and your telling me theres nothing you can do. Unbelievable, just unbelievable. Will NOT be staying here again. I will go some place else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We have stayed here several times before and always have a great time. For us its a taste of vegas in between trips and much closer to home. They had great promotions and with minimal playing we got almost all of our buffets free. Love the monthly coupons we get even though were not big spenders, which allows us to go often for a great price. The hot tubs in the rooms are always great, and the rooms were very clean. Staff was great we arrived around 1 and got right into our rooms (this is the first time we have ever gotten our rooms before 3PM). Only complaints are we get carded every time we enter the casino (guess its great to be young but we come and go to the rooms a lot and having to stand there for a couple minutes every time we enter the casino can get quite annoying) The snack bar is great as always but slow. We loved our stay again and would recommend. (also great for familys with the casino seperate from the pool, arcades, shop, and buffet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to DiamondJacks Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!