“Very nice room, but what parts of the building are 100% smoke free?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DiamondJacks Casino and Resort

You added DiamondJacks Casino and Resort to your Saves list
DiamondJacks Casino and Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   711 DiamondJack's Boulevard, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Ranked #25 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Texarkana, TX
“Very nice room, but what parts of the building are 100% smoke free?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

The Glen Cambelll show on Sat,, Jan 14th is the reason I stayed there. I do not gamble, so this my first and probablly last stay at any hotel/casino resort anywhere.

I had requested a non smoking room, but arriving at 5pm, was told only smoking were available and that non smoking rooms were always taken first. The smoking room I was given is room 308, one of the rooms on the atrium above the front desk.

There is a non smoking sign on the outside door entering the ballroom lobby and one on the entrance to the contour beteween the hotel and restaruants.

Is the eating area supose to be smoke free? Regardless how far the casino entrance is, the eating area sometimes smells like smoke.

Like others, I had read all of the reveiws, so I entered 308 with an open mind expecting anything but found nothing major wrong except there is not a desk or table in the room so there is not a hard surface to eat if room service is ordered.

Suggestion- if you take photos of the room that you feel need attention, please give the room number on your reveiw. This way, out of 500 rooms, the management will know which room you are refering to. They cannot check all 500 romms every day to see if housekeeping is doing their job.

Note- I hope the management reads this and makes a publuc reply.

Room Tip: The only real smoke free area I found was the lobby for the conference/ ball rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Monroe, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

My husband and I along with another couple were planning a trip to Bossier City to see Glen Campbell perform at the Diamond Jacks Casino. We decided to book a room at the Diamond Jacks hotel so we could just see the show and then not have to leave the premises afterwards. We booked our rooms, but then after a few days, I began reading the derogatory reviews on here about how awful the place was. We were pretty skeptical but thought, it's only for one night, we will survive!

Upon getting to our room on the day of the show, we were pleasantly surprised! The room was very spacious and the bathroom area was large! The entire room & bathroom were spotless! There were plenty of towels & washclothes! We did not see anything that could be said negatively about this room!

After our stay at Diamond Jacks, we will certainly plan to stay here again! It's also a great location in Bossier City, close to restaurants, shopping & the Century Tel Center!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The first room we were put in suffucates you with ciggaret ordor. The carpet was very dirty inside and outside the room. Dirty Q tips were on the desk in the room. The second room we were put in had filthy carpet and a comforter and sheets with blood spots on them. The health department needs to be called in to investigate before there is a serious out break upon patrons.

Room Tip: any other hotel besides this one.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

It's been a couple of years since I stayed at DIamondJacks so I was alittle weary of staying here again especaliy after reading some the reviews but decided to give it another try since the rates blowed all other casino's away. The staff was extreamly friendly and the room was spotless. I will be back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Decided to try Diamond Jacks again when i received an email offer for $39.95 room rate and 2 free buffets. Stayed Sunday December 4th and checked out Monday December 5th. Arrived at about 4:45pm. There was no valet at the stand. Went in and checked in. Check in was fast and the front desk person very friendly. She called for the valet and bell person and they came right away and took very good care of us. The room was clean and comfortable. No problems like our last stay. Buffet was good and attentive service. Casino is a little smaller then others but plenty of games and decent cocktail service. Would recommend a stay if you can get offers or discounted rates. Sign up for email specials and "Like" there Facebook page to keep up with there specials. Over all a decent stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Bossier City, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. I live in Bossier City so visit all the casinos on a regular basis. I had never been to this one in so I decided to give it a try. This was the worst experience I have ever had at any casino/hotel. The staff is very rude and very stupid. I asked for a manager and could not be transferred to anyone that made over minimum wage and had an IQ higher than my dog. The food made us sick and there was no one that would take the complaint. I hope others didn't get sick as well. Go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I checked in with my kids for a one night stay to avoid making a late night 3 hour drive back to Dallas. I was not impressed with the clientel or staff there as we walked in. They put us up in a room supposed to be a "suite" - we walked in and it smelled a little musty- but I always check a room out before use the bathroom or walk on the carpet barefoot. I went in the bathroom first, and there were ( and I apologize for being so blunt) 5 long pubic hairs on the tile floor, the toilet caulk was stained bright yellow/orange with crud all around it, pubic hair in the the tub, shower door panel filled with black and orange mold- the carpets were filthy, food under the bed so I went downstairs and complained they moved us to another room. It was no better, carpets disgusting , the paint was completely chipped off the wall on all corners of the room showing the drywall. The curtains were stained, and then more hair on the bathroom floor and the clencher: black curly hairs all in the sheets and on top the sheets....i cancelled my reservation and drove home as there was no way for the price I paid that I could stay there. Too dirty!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to DiamondJacks Casino and Resort? Share your experiences!