“Good stay at a reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montgomery, Alabama
“Good stay at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed one night while enroute to Oklahoma City. The staff was very friendly and helpful - a major plus. There was a large wall map in the lobby which was great for getting directions. The air conditioner in the first room we were assigned was inoperative. We called the desk, a maintenance person came promptly and we were changed to the room next door. The toilet in that room ran continuously but we did not inform the staff until we checked out. The room was clean and the carpet, walls and overall room condition were very good but the furniture looked old, tired and worn (a little bit like me!!!). The breakfast in the morning was adequate and about what one would expect of a hotel in this price range. The location was convenient to the interstate and to restaurants.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Emma H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Lee C

Thankyou for leaving us a review on Tripadvisor. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay but i am sorry about the maintenence issues that you incurred. We always strive to have our rooms clean fresh and well maintained ready for our guests, i am sorry that we failed on this occasion. We hope that you trip home was an enjoyable one and we hope to see you again in the future.

Have a great day

Emma Hebert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Anniston, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Wish breakfast would have included some kind of breakfast meat. Was impressed with the kitchen area even though we didn't use it definitely will stay again. Employees were well trained also. She even asked to book a future reservation. A great value for the money

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Betty M

Thank you for leaving us a review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have a great day for all of us here at The Towneplace Suites!

Regards

Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Loved the layout of the room, though it was a little smaller than other Towneplace Suites I've stayed in. It was clean. Beds were comfortable. Having the kitchenette is always a plus. The breakfast was nice. I'd stay there again. There is a Texas Roadhouse just across the drive from the hotel, which was very convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Emma H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear LC

Thankyou for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and wanted to thank you for being so Loyal to The Towneplace Suites. We have a passion for making our guests feel at home and i am so glad that we were able to deliver that to you. From all of our team her; We look forward to you visiting us again

Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Ok, it's great if you have pets! It has a super friendly staff! This place is dirty! I had some water on the floor from my shower and the I use the towel to wipe it up....black. The carpet is super dirty and the couch is stained. Was there for a few days used the landury room. Super dirty, the place is well used. Ended up taking my stuff to the cleaners. The BBQ area needs power washing!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear PA

Thank you for taking your time to write a reveiw for us here on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. It is always our desire to deliver the best in accomodation and above and beyond service. I am sorry that you did not experience that. We always appreciate feedback from our guests so that we can continually improve. I will definately be taking your issues to the team and we hope that you will return soomn so that we can show you that this is not typical of our hotel.

Maui, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Read all the positive reviews so we stayed here on our way to Florida. I'm Marriott Platinum and have stayed in TP Suites before. This place looks old, like on the verge of needing a good cleaning/update. It appears that they get a lot of folks that work for the week and stay here so it looks like a worn apartment building, carpet stains, rub marks all over the hallway/room walls and mold in the shower etc. We got a 2 bedroom unit because that's all that was left when I booked and it was a 2 bedroom crammed into the space of a one bedroom. The best thing that happened however was that my wife was about to get in bed and looked down and found a condom wrapper, ew!. Hey, I know that this happens in hotel rooms but I don't want a souvenir. Bottom line, don't believe the reviews. This place needs a lot of help. Did I complain, Why? So I schlep all out stuff to another room that won't be that much different than the room we were already in? No thanks.

The one plus was the that the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay unless you are desperate
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Emma H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Andrew H

I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We always welcome feedback from our guests so as to either complement and motivate our team or to use as a learning tool to improve our processes. I apologise that you did not find our hotel up to par and that you did not feel comfortable enough to bring your issues to our attention at the time of your stay. I can assure you that i take your experience very seriously and i will do everything i can to make sure that your concerns are addressed immediately. I am happy that our team showed you how welcoming we are and I hope that you will return to us sometime soon so that we can show you that your experience with your room is not consistant with standards that we strive to achieve.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This Marriott property was adequate, clean, and it was useful that we could bring our dog into the room with us without a fee. It was a great place to stop while on a road trip. Our room did come with a small kitchenette a king bed and a sofa bed. This worked well for our family of four. It was also helpful that the hotel offered a free continental breakfast. If traveling through Shreveport in the future with our pet, I would stay here again if the price was as affordable as it was this time.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Ryan R

Thank-you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I am so happy to hear that you and your furry friend enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that the rest of your road trip was as enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Durant, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

TownePlace Suites isn't on the boardwalk, but it is nearby. The hotel is fairly new with nicely, updated decor. The rooms are well-designed with a mini kitchen area, office area, as well as a roomy bathroom. They anticipate almost every need you might have and the desk staff was very helpful and friendly.
My only complaints are: the hallways were muggy in the afternoon, the bed had a broken/missing part in its frame and popped when I sat on the edge or turned over, and the pillows are terrible. :-( We usually bring our own...and were really wishing we would have for this trip. The shower has terrific pressure and the lighting was great.
Breakfast has a wide variety of items--even strawberry waffles!
We will stay again...with our own pillows.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and heard no noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Amanda74701

Thank-you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Towneplace. I am sorry that you did not like the pillows. We provide both feather and foam filled pillows so if you have a preference on future stays please let us know and we will only be too happy to set your room up with the pillows of your choice prior to your arrival. My team live to provide excellent guest service and we will always try our best to accomodate any preferences that you may have. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bossier City
Wingate by Wyndham Bossier City
Wingate by Wyndham Bossier City
#13 of 33 in Bossier City
4.0 of 5 stars 285 reviews

Been to TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City? Share your experiences!