“Good for an overnight while traveling with your pet” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Good for an overnight while traveling with your pet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

This Marriott property was adequate, clean, and it was useful that we could bring our dog into the room with us without a fee. It was a great place to stop while on a road trip. Our room did come with a small kitchenette a king bed and a sofa bed. This worked well for our family of four. It was also helpful that the hotel offered a free continental breakfast. If traveling through Shreveport in the future with our pet, I would stay here again if the price was as affordable as it was this time.

• Stayed July 2013
Emma H, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Ryan R

Thank-you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I am so happy to hear that you and your furry friend enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that the rest of your road trip was as enjoyable and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Durant, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

TownePlace Suites isn't on the boardwalk, but it is nearby. The hotel is fairly new with nicely, updated decor. The rooms are well-designed with a mini kitchen area, office area, as well as a roomy bathroom. They anticipate almost every need you might have and the desk staff was very helpful and friendly.
My only complaints are: the hallways were muggy in the afternoon, the bed had a broken/missing part in its frame and popped when I sat on the edge or turned over, and the pillows are terrible. :-( We usually bring our own...and were really wishing we would have for this trip. The shower has terrific pressure and the lighting was great.
Breakfast has a wide variety of items--even strawberry waffles!
We will stay again...with our own pillows.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and heard no noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Amanda74701

Thank-you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Towneplace. I am sorry that you did not like the pillows. We provide both feather and foam filled pillows so if you have a preference on future stays please let us know and we will only be too happy to set your room up with the pillows of your choice prior to your arrival. My team live to provide excellent guest service and we will always try our best to accomodate any preferences that you may have. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

On a quiet 'No outlet' street, right off the hwy. A compact suite with a nice little kitchenette. Clean rooms and common area. It isn't an expansive area but space is well used. Staff was helpful and courteous. A good place to stay when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dadbo95
Thank-you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you and your family had an enjoyable trip home and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I recently took a 2 week roadtrip that started in Shreveport (we were going to the Chimp Sanctuary). We stayed at this Marriott and before heading out for dinner I took an envelope of cash out of my purse.

I never carry cash, but because of the nature of our trip we had quite a bit on us and I didn't want it taken at dinner.

And then we left it in the room when we checked out.

I knew it was a long shot but I called the hotel, and they found it for us and returned it to us.

The stay itself was pleasant. Room was nice, breakfast was tasty and the staff were helpful. But above all, they were so honest and really saved our vacation.

And they are dog friendly!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear JoKeefe,

Thank you for the review and the time you spent with us! I am glad to hear the team was honest and accommodating! This reflects the true values we strive for on a daily basis in welcoming and treating our guests.

We hope you can come through again soon and stay with us and look forward to the next opportunity you can!

Thank you!

Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The front desk staff of this hotel is excellent. Friendly and helpful in every way possible. Good breakfast selection with great service. The provide a relaxing atmosphere with a touch of Southern hospitality. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a friendly comfortable stay in the Shreveport area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Glenn S.,

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are extremely glad we were able to host you and look forward to the next time you are in Bossier City

Have a great day!

Lockesburg, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is the best hotel staff that I've ever had contact with. I have stayed here many times, but there have been several months between stays. It does not seem to matter as the staff always greet me by name as I enter the door. There is just a special sense of comradery and love that is felt whenever you see them interact with each other and hotel guests. I seriously believe there is nothing that most would not do to try to improve your stay. Oh sure, there are some issues with "time to refurbrish", but considering all, I don't think you will find a finer group to spend time away from home and actually look forward to your next stay. The hotel is entirely smoke free on the inside! I love it!

Room Tip: I've had rooms on the front and back side of the hotel. The front side will be sunny in the mor...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Cathy C.,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so excited that we are able to envelope you in the culture we strive towards here at the TownePlace Suites! If we can ever assist you in any way before or during your next stay please give us a call and let us know! We look forward to your next visit and have safe travels!

Also thank you for the notes about the condition, which I am currently working on correcting so we will be able to have those issues taken care of.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The front desk was excellent. They seemed to know my every need and served it. Free newspapers, snacks, etc. Hard bed, great TV, great breakfast, good continuous service from the front desk. I'll be back this month.

• Stayed February 2013
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Wildbillwww,

Thank you so much for the response! We are so glad we were able to serve you during your stay and look forward to your upcoming stay! Please take time and say hello when you have a chance I would love to thank you in person!

I will be sure to share your kind words with the front desk and entire to let them know what a great job they are doing!

Have a great day and again, thank you!

Barnabas Chamberlain

Been to TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City? Share your experiences!