“Saved our vacation” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Saved our vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I recently took a 2 week roadtrip that started in Shreveport (we were going to the Chimp Sanctuary). We stayed at this Marriott and before heading out for dinner I took an envelope of cash out of my purse.

I never carry cash, but because of the nature of our trip we had quite a bit on us and I didn't want it taken at dinner.

And then we left it in the room when we checked out.

I knew it was a long shot but I called the hotel, and they found it for us and returned it to us.

The stay itself was pleasant. Room was nice, breakfast was tasty and the staff were helpful. But above all, they were so honest and really saved our vacation.

And they are dog friendly!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear JoKeefe,

Thank you for the review and the time you spent with us! I am glad to hear the team was honest and accommodating! This reflects the true values we strive for on a daily basis in welcoming and treating our guests.

We hope you can come through again soon and stay with us and look forward to the next opportunity you can!

Thank you!

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The front desk staff of this hotel is excellent. Friendly and helpful in every way possible. Good breakfast selection with great service. The provide a relaxing atmosphere with a touch of Southern hospitality. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a friendly comfortable stay in the Shreveport area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Glenn S.,

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are extremely glad we were able to host you and look forward to the next time you are in Bossier City

Have a great day!

Lockesburg, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is the best hotel staff that I've ever had contact with. I have stayed here many times, but there have been several months between stays. It does not seem to matter as the staff always greet me by name as I enter the door. There is just a special sense of comradery and love that is felt whenever you see them interact with each other and hotel guests. I seriously believe there is nothing that most would not do to try to improve your stay. Oh sure, there are some issues with "time to refurbrish", but considering all, I don't think you will find a finer group to spend time away from home and actually look forward to your next stay. The hotel is entirely smoke free on the inside! I love it!

Room Tip: I've had rooms on the front and back side of the hotel. The front side will be sunny in the mor...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Cathy C.,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so excited that we are able to envelope you in the culture we strive towards here at the TownePlace Suites! If we can ever assist you in any way before or during your next stay please give us a call and let us know! We look forward to your next visit and have safe travels!

Also thank you for the notes about the condition, which I am currently working on correcting so we will be able to have those issues taken care of.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The front desk was excellent. They seemed to know my every need and served it. Free newspapers, snacks, etc. Hard bed, great TV, great breakfast, good continuous service from the front desk. I'll be back this month.

• Stayed February 2013
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Wildbillwww,

Thank you so much for the response! We are so glad we were able to serve you during your stay and look forward to your upcoming stay! Please take time and say hello when you have a chance I would love to thank you in person!

I will be sure to share your kind words with the front desk and entire to let them know what a great job they are doing!

Have a great day and again, thank you!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

While this is an extended stay facility, I was only there for one night. I arrived a bit early as I was making a presentation the next day and wanted a chance to finish preparing. While the room was not ready, the lady provided a place to work and even offered to provide a snack while I waited. Within 15 minutes, I was in my room. Typical of what you expect when staying at a Marriott property. While located near the interstate and a railroad, I never heard the interstate noise and only heard the train one time and it was more like distant background noise. I took advantage of the exercise room and was very pleased with the quality of the equipment.
Breakfast was very good. I enjoy their cooked oatmeal, already prepared with plenty of things to add. I chose the blueberries. In my book, service always makes the difference. I will be back on my next visit to Bossier.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Mark H.,

"Service always makes the difference." You hit on a key point in which we strive for on a daily basis! Thank you so much for your comments. Tina did an especially great job and I am looking forward to sharing your review with her!

We as a team hope your travels bring you back to the area in which we may have the opportunity to serve you again. I hope your preparations served you well and the presentation went smooth!

Again, thank you for your comments and if you should need anything please do not hesitate to contact me directly!

1009 Gould Dr.
Bossier City, LA 71111
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We are Marriott Hotel reward members. This was Our first stay at a Towneplace Suites property. Very comfortable, clean, quiet room. Free in room wifi was a plus! Complete Free breakfast selection an added value! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear HiRiseTwo,

Thank you for being valued Marriott Rewards members as we appreciated your continued business! It is great to hear your impression as a first time guest to TownePlace Suites and glad to hear the enjoyment from your stay! I am looking forward to share your comments with the entire team and hope you will be able to join us in any future trips to the Bossier area!

TownePlace Suites
Bossier City LA 71111
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice weekend stay, short drive to casinos and boardwalk. I saw a previous review commenting on the waffles. Another couple staying here also commented on the same thing...then I pointed out that there were two flavors and she had made the cinnamon waffles. Everything was fine here and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear SJensen81,

I wanted to personally thank you from myself and for the team. I am happy to see you were happy with the location of the hotel and were pleased with the wonderful waffles at our breakfast offering! It's great to hear positive feedback and I am looking forward to sharing your review with the entire team!

Again, thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel and should there be anything else I can assist you with do not hesitate to contact me directly via phone or email!

318.741.9090
bchamberlain@vistahost.net

Been to TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City? Share your experiences!