“Friendly and Helpful Staff, clean rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dallas, Texas
“Friendly and Helpful Staff, clean rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice weekend stay, short drive to casinos and boardwalk. I saw a previous review commenting on the waffles. Another couple staying here also commented on the same thing...then I pointed out that there were two flavors and she had made the cinnamon waffles. Everything was fine here and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear SJensen81,

I wanted to personally thank you from myself and for the team. I am happy to see you were happy with the location of the hotel and were pleased with the wonderful waffles at our breakfast offering! It's great to hear positive feedback and I am looking forward to sharing your review with the entire team!

Again, thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel and should there be anything else I can assist you with do not hesitate to contact me directly via phone or email!

bchamberlain@vistahost.net

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Shawnee, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Another quiet, comfortable stay with very friendly people.

Suggestion for management/maintenance--there should be an exhaust fan in the bathroom. A hot shower steams up the mirrors!!! Tub was not so clean as it should have been.

Chocolate milk for breakfast--great for children big and small :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear PhDNana,

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your thoughts on your most recent stay. I will certainly investigate what we can do in regards to the bathroom condition. I know there is currently and exhaust vent, but not installed with a fan. I will also follow up on the condition of the tub that you mentioned and make sure that they are thorough cleaned for your next visit and future guests of ours. Lastly, the chocolate milk! One of my favorites too!

Again, thank you for your response. I and the entire team look forward to seeing you next time you're in Bossier!

Star
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was our first time to stay at a Townplace Suites. We usually stay at Hilton, Courtyard, or the Residence Inns. However, we decided to give this place a try. We were just passing through and needed somewhere to stay. The lady at Check in was very nice and accommodating. We stepped in the elevator and was immediately turned off when it appeared that it had not been vacuumed in quite a few days. But, we continued to the room. We check the room out and found multiple hairs in the bed, I'm not sure the sheets had even been washed. They were stained and the room had a very odd smell to it. I have never stayed in a Marriot that was not clean. We called down and the lady moved us up to a two bedroom suite. So, we went up to check that one out. The room smelled better, but the sheets were still stained and we STILL found hair in the beds:( We decided to stay anyway since it was only for one night. The furniture was extremely worn. The carpet had stains all in them. We will definitely not stay here again. The breakfast was beyond horrible. The brown sugar for the oatmeal was hard as rock(aka old). The oatmeal was old, and even the waffles tasted strange.... That is all they had to eat. I'm not sure if all the townplace suites are lower or if it was just this particular one. There is a Hampton Inn, Hilton, and Homewood suites right next door which were packed. I would recommend one of those. They looked a lot newer and nicer. Definitely a disappointed Marriot reward member!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Cristina M.,

I wanted to thank you for your response and taking the time to give your feedback. It allows me and my team to make all necessary corrections.

I am extremely sorry the cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay along with the breakfast which was not up to par. Be confident I will follow up on your concerns so others are not disappointed as you were during your stay!

If you would please contact me by phone or email I would like to further rectify this issue.

Again thank you for taking the time to share a reflection on your stay and I hope you do stay with us again so we may make it up to you!

Anaheim Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here one night while we were visiting family. The rooms were clean and the staff was SUPER helpful and friendly......their friendliness and hospitality actually made it. It is a nice hotel with the usual breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and giving us your feedback! I'm glad our rooms were a good accommodation for your visit and was excited to hear how the team treated you!

If we can do anything else for you please do not hesitate to contact me directly!

Hockessin, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. My room was very clean and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The manager remembered my name every time I walked by the desk. This hotel is close to train tracks and I was woken up one night by a train. Also, i could clearly hear when someone in a suite around me ran their water. Breakfast could also use a few more options. Overall, however, for a quick trip this was a very nice and clean hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I and my entire team greatly appreciate the feedback we receive. I am extremely glad we were able to offer excellent service during your stay, but was sad to hear that the train had woken you up along with noise from another guest.

If there should be anything I can do to further assist you please do not hesitate to contact me directly!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

What a great hotel with excellent staff! Mr. Chamberlain has a great staff under him and is such a great person. He was in the hallway at the same time as me and took the time to ask how was everything with my stay AND my day. It shows he not only cared about his property but his guests as well. Very nice young gentleman running this property and should be very proud of his staff! Keep up the good work as it is paying off Bossier City! Showed me a real nice time while in LA.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Your kind words and encourage are very much appreciated! I will be sure to share your survey with the entire team and celebrate! If there is anything we can do for you in the future don't hesitate to contact me.

Again, thank you and have a great day!

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Newer-looking property, but located in a run-down commercial area. There is a good chain steakhouse across the street but no other restaurants close by. Staff is very friendly but this a minimal service property. The free breakfast had no eggs or bacon/sausage as usually found in these properties. Very small exercise room. The small pool was ok but several of the lounge chairs were broken. Be aware the property is located near an active freight train track.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to personally thank you for filling out our TripAdvisor survey. We treat responses as our hotel's score cards, and it means a lot to us as a team when we are graded. I am sorry we were not able to meet all of your expectations. We believe in, above all, providing superior service, and should you need anything in the future, please feel free to contact me directly, via phone or email.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

TownePlace Suites Bossier City, LA
318.741.9090

Been to TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City? Share your experiences!