“Great location and accommodations!” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Shawnee, Oklahoma
“Great location and accommodations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Easy access to I20 as well as restaurants and other shopping in the area. Nice suite with great lighting for reading! HDTV made football watching nice. Quiet at night. Special plus -- chocolate milk at breakfast! Very nice staff at all levels. Hope to return in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
barnabas_13, Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your response to our hotel! It is always great to receive feedback on how we are doing as a team and we use these comments as report card.

We appreciate the feedback and good information you passed along to all other viewers in regards to the suites. I will also specifically pass along the the comments you gave to the breakfast host and let her know she is doing a wonderful job setting the tone at breakfast and the entire staff for the great job they have given!

Again, thank you for your kind comments and we do look forward to seeing you next time you're in Bossier City!

Make it a great day!

TownePlace Suites
Bossier City, LA 71111

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I had to come home quickly for a funeral in south Louisiana. I was meeting up with my family in Bossier so I wanted a hotel in the area to stage from. This hotel was the only one that was available that took marriott rewards points and was under 30K points. It actually took only 10k per night which was very reasonable.

The rooms have been redecorated and you can tell it had a different theme in the past. The bathroom and bedroom has an odd look that screams redo. It had a fridge and small kitchen that would be really great if you are staying for any extended period of time. The bed was a king bed and very comfortable. I was dead tired for the 2 nights I stayed there so sleep wasn't something I was very discriminating about, but the bed was very comfortable and the room's air conditioner was super cold. My wife loves it Attic cold and it exceeded her freezing demands!

They also have a very nice exercise room that is on the ground level. The pool is out of the building so I don't know if they have it open in the winter, but its nice. There is also a nice sitting area for the smokers to compete their cancer quest.

The breakfast was also very, very good. The nice young lady....a cute woman who is dancing to some song in her kitchen...and then dances in the serving area as if its still playing....does a great job of setting some nice variety of breakfast items. Waffles, boiled eggs, all different cereals, fruit, yogurt, and different milks. Great breakfast and super value!

Overall, if I had to go back to Bossier, would I stay there? Well, there is another Marriott near the Harrah's race track that is a hair better but if I were staying on Marriott rewards points, I would stay here because its uses up less points. Either is great and I wouldn't hesitate to stay at either one!

Also, there is a great Wataburger near the hotel. If you love Sonic burgers, try this place. Its even better! Also there are a number of restaurants in the Heart O'Bossier area so this hotel is in the heart of good eating. Its also not far from the Casinos if you are dying to loose you hard earned money!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
barnabas_13, Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize. I mistakenly posted your response to the one above. And this is meant for "Great location and accommodations!" review.

Thank you for the great review and the information regarding our location and what all it has to offer! I am very happy that we were able to serve you and have you as guests!

If you ever need anything in the future do not hesitate to let us know and i know myself and the entire staff look forward to seeing you next time you come to Bossier City!

Have a great day!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I'm very torn about this hotel. My husband and I met my son, daughter-in-law and two children in Bossier City so that they could attend a wedding rehearsal Friday night and the wedding Saturday. We chose this hotel because it had a two bedroom suite with a living area and a kitchen and it made the whole weekend a LOT easier than being in just a hotel room with a 2 month old and a 2 year old.

Their was a passable breakfast served in the lobby, the Texas Roadhouse across the parking lot had a menu in the room and delivered it for just the 18% gratuity added to the bill and we used this both nights for dinner. The rooms were very quiet, the walls were solid and there was NO noise from the next rooms. With taxes the room was just $200 per night and the weekend worked out nicely for us. This is a pet friendly hotel and there were many dogs but we never heard any of them barking. The linens on the bed were clean, the pillows comfortable and there were linens in the closet to make up the couch bed.

HOWEVER! The bedrooms were very small, queen sized bed, two nightstands and a TV so there was barely enough room to walk around. The bathroom that we all shared was very small also and I always look at this since my gastric bypass. If I was still a size 22 I would have had to step into the tub to close the door. The towels were large but very, very thin and there was black mildew in the grout around the tub.

Our suite, 401, had not been treated gently, the lampshades had holes in them, the wall sconce in the bedroom was broken and just had a bare lightbulb, no shade. There was a hole in the wall, the curtains were very stained as was the shower curtain, the mirror was smudged, the carpet stained, the stove top was dirty and the oven FILTHY, thre furnture was worn and dirty. The furniture, baseboards, woodwork, all surfaces really were very dusty and the air conditioners smelled strongly of mildew.

I can't say that we would ever choose to stay here again but it worked for a weekend when we needed the space.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
barnabas_13, Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I greatly appreciate your feedback in regards to your accommodations. I will follow up on the concerns you mentioned so that others are not disappointed as you were with the condition of the room.

I am glad to hear the location was perfect for you and that it met all your needs. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can ever assist you with.

(p) 318.741.9090
Kaiserslautern, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The staff was VERY nice, including faxing off a long document (free). Housekeeping forgot to replenish my coffee first day here (although the front desk gave me several to make up for it) and there is no covered parking check-in area - otherwise I'd give it a 5. Room is excellent - walk-in closet, HDTV with many channels, pullout desk, comfy bed, decent kitchen (everything but an oven). Location is 3 out of 5; right next to I-20, but nothing I'm interested in within a 10 minute walk. Breakfast was typical towneplace; waffles, hard-boiled eggs, and packaged food. There is a nice breakfast area (unusual for Towneplace). Gym is okay (elliptical and two treadmills, plus small selection of weights). There's a pool, but I didn't have time to use it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
barnabas_13, Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to personally thank you for filling out a TownePlace Suites survey for our hotel. We treat survey responses as our hotel's report cards, and it means a lot to myself and my entire team when our guests take the time to grade us. We believe in, above all, providing superior service, and should you need anything in the future, please feel free to contact me directly via e-mail or phone.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed here June 24-June 26. The staff was very friendly and pet friendly. The room was clean and had everything we needed for our stay. The hotel is a little hard to find but is close to downtown and other attractions. We will stay here next time we come and suggest those with pets stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
TJassel, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Good morning fellow pet lover!

I'm glad you found us! We are just as happy to have you as we are to have your extended pet family. Our management is changing very shortly to include a new General Manager, Barnabas Chamberlain, and he is just as welcoming and excited to include the entire family as I am.

Please come see us again!

Tiffany Jassel
New Orleans
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

The staff here was unbelievably helpful & friendly. They couldn't do enough to accommodate us. I was there with a group & they went out of their way the help us with everything we needed. The rooms were spacious & each had a complete kitchen. The suites would be fabulous for a family. The location was very convenient to I-20, the Boardwalk shops & restaurants. The area was mostly commercial but safe. Free continental breakfast was ok but not available before 7 on weekends. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Loved the suites for a family group!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
TJassel, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Good afternoon Dee!

The team at this facility is our greatest asset; from housekeeping to front desk to breakfast and maintenance. We've been blessed with staff who truly care about each other and our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize the effort they put forth to make everyone feel comfortable and at home. We can train our staff to do their jobs, but we can not train them to care. Luckily, we don't have to!

I wish you continued safe travels!

Tiffany Jassel, General Manage
Ardmore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Those of us who travel with pets search for the genuine pet friendly hotel. This is usually an ordeal.Well, look no further. This hotel was one of the best experiences we have ever had with our retired service dog. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We always felt welcomed and never a second class citizen. So many "pet friendly" rooms are dirty. Not here. It was pristine all the way.

• Stayed April 2011
TJassel, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
WOW! Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about our staff and accommodations. We respect the value of our guests' extended family, so much so that they're invited to stay for free (with Mom and Dad of course!). Additionally, the upkeep on rooms that pets have stayed in is a thorough, detailed process. I truly appreciate that you took the time to recognize the effort we put into making a pet-friendly room brand new again. Please visit us again soon.

I wish you continued safe travels.

Tiffany Jassel, General Manager

Been to TownePlace Suites Shreveport/Bossier City? Share your experiences!