“Nice Hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8010 E. Texas Street, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 33 hotels in Bossier City
Texas
“Nice Hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at the Springhill Suites because of their tie to Harrah's. I have to say I didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are nice - they have a large working desk area, a couch for watching tv. The bed was comfortable with feather pillows....and most importantly for Louisiana, the air conditioner worked very well.

I will say the breakfast was not good at all - they had some type of fake eggs that were really bad, and the turkey sausage patties were terrible. it was free, so you get what you pay for.

I have to make a special call out to Edrick who was at the front desk during our entire visit. He was awesome - friendly, knew our name and called us by name as we entered an exited, and whatever questions we had, he would track down the information for us. He was a terrific example of superior customer experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel coming back from being on vacation from out of state.. Upon getting to the hotel I found out that my reservation was cancelled thru Ceasers Entertain.. Good thing this happened on a Sunday, otherwise I might had a room.. The hotel sells a block of their rooms to the casino and cancel your reservation if they cannot authorize your card for the full amount. I feel if the main company was going to cancel it, atleast call or email people and let them know so that they can book else where... We were able to get that issue resloved.. I manage to get a 4th floor King room. It was very quiet. Breakfast was good in the morning time and you didnt know what they were serving until you went there.. Everything they had was good and hot... I really enjoyed my stay there and will be back again... My only complaint would be a vending machine on one of the floors instead of having to get fully dressed to go to lobby... Front desk and house keeping was very nice...

• Stayed June 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I arrived there to stay for a business trip. The hotel is next to a casino & it is starting to get aged because it was the first property built. The rates are very reasonable, so I decided to stay. When I arrived I could hear nothing but kids screaming around the pool area. I knew it was going to be a long night. Summer & kids do not mix well with business travel. The attendant gave me a room on the second floor. As soon as I put the key in my door, 3 grown women came running down the hallway, soaking wet with babies in tow. One toddler child was trotting behind them in a baby walker. I was not a happy guest, because they went into the room next to mine. I had 30 minutes before a business conference call, so I decided to go back to the front desk. The attendant went out of his way to assign me to another room. I don't remember his name but he was working during the late afternoon hours. Thank you so much for going out of your way to help me. When I arrived at my second room, I saw that someone's kid had stained the carpet & table with red juice.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the summer if you want to avoid kids & family gatherings
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayd at hotel woke up with bites.Clerk transferred 2 second room on different floor woke up to actual bugs in bed. Called front desk hysterical employee came 2 room saw bugs offered to give me third room but I was through n checked out. Manager of hotel was very rude. Bottom line was told inspectors came out said they didn't find bed bugs Manager stated.....Might not have been bed bugs but I wood take a lie detecter test there wer still BUGS N MY BED. I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!! Let me state again MANAGER EXTREMLY RUDE!!! like I did something wrong.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed here for three nights and loved it. A wonderful view of the horse track is a pleasure and the room size is amazing.
The breakfast is not the best hot breakfast I have had at a hotel but would'nt complain. The rooms have a smaller closet than expected but it provides some additional room elsewhere.
You do hear some noise from adjecent rooms though.

Room Tip: Try getting a higher floor (4th is the highest) with a race track view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Farmington, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The room was comfortable and unbelievably clean and beautiful! The staff was wonderful and very accommodating. We had a 4th floor suite on the racetrack side so we were able to watch the horses practicing in the morning and even though, we had 4 women in the room, we were very comfortable for our 2-night stay. Thanks to all the staff for their hospitality.

Room Tip: Didn't have a restaurant but breakfast was excellent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you're ever in the Shreveport - Bossier City area, this is the place to stay! The staff was friendly and helpful and went out of their way to serve you. You'll never get better customer service than that of Dan Heagney and his Guest Service staff! Thank you for going above and beyond!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs? Share your experiences!