“Great for us three ladies!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs

You added SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8010 E. Texas Street, Bossier City, LA 71111   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Bossier City
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great for us three ladies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Front desk clerk was very nice and provided quick serivce. 4th floor room looking out on race track. We had two closets, small pit group couch, very nice work station, cofee maker, refrig and microwave. Kitchen is a great way to save money when you are traveling. Love having separate sink/ toilet area. Breakfast was ok- it is free and you can find something to eat. only complaint, could hear radio in the next room. Loved the beds, pillows were pretty strange.

Room Tip: Not much around it except race track and a Waffle house. I prefer an outdoor pool, but it is better...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dyersburg, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The SpringHill is great bang for your buck! We went in November 2011 and really enjoyed the room and the snacks they leave out for you in the lobby. The food in the morning is free and hot. They have a lady making it in a small kitchen. They gave free rides next door to the casino and will come at any time. Great stay well worth it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Enid, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The hotel was quiet, breakfast had a wide range of items to choose from. The hotel staff were very friendly. The dining area looked cleaned. I loved the fact that there weren't any bedspreads on the beds. Having a separate proper closet for my personal items was a plus but the other closet needs to have one as well for the other guests items. The in room refrigerator needed a good cleaning as well as the large mirrors, print with glass cover hanging over couch needed a good cleaning. The couch had stains on the cushions and I refused to sit on it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had a comp night here through Harrah's and liked it enough that I tried to extend for another evening. Harrah's personnel advised me it would cost around $279.99 for another evening, a Thursday evening! Harrah's tried to steer me to the Horseshoe Casino in Bossier City for $145. I'm a low level gambler, so I didn't get upset at how little they valued my play. I checked at the front desk and Marriot offered to extend my visit to another evening for $99. I liked the hotel enough to accept that offer and extend. I think the facility is a comfortable and clean one. I slept well and all my interactions with the staff were very positive ones. One person even got me the skim milk I wanted for cereal and coffee at the breakfast buffet. Skim milk is not easy to find at a hotel/motel breakfast buffet in this part of the country!
A family member with me didn't use the pool because it was fairly small and not over 5' deep. He's a smoker and this is a smoke free facility, but they do have an outside area to accommodate smokers and he was okay with that. I didn't use the treadmill in the exercise room since I walked over to Louisiana Downs and back and around the casino and racetrack facility quite a bit.
I guess I was lucky because although I lost playing the slots, the loss was mitigated by a hit for a hundred dollars on one of the quarter slots which was located right next to the free soft drink dispensers. I found a $1 Double Diamond game that was reasonably "loose" too.
There are no table games at this "casino." It's actually a very large slot parlor. Table games are only allowed in casinos situated over water in this state or at least in this part of the state. One of the wild things about Louisiana to me was that there were gas stations and/or truck stops that had small slot parlors - maybe 50 or less machines at the truck stops.
I liked the racetrack very much. I found it to be a lot more comfortable than my home track.
The pari-mutuel tellers are obviously seasoned ones and I found them to be efficient and knowledgeable. The horseplayers were basically the same as they are everywhere - a little bit crazy. The automated teller machines I used were glitch free.
My son and I both enjoyed the buffet, liked the variety of food, and were going back for another night but it closed at 8:00 pm. Fuddruckers offered fairly good value, but I thought there was a wait. The personnel there were nice people and the cooks had to work in a hot cooking area. Their system there needs to be tuned a little bit.
If I ever get back out that way, I will definitely try to arrange another stay at the SpringHill Suites and, if so, it will definitely be during the live racing season.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The staff could not have been nicer! The hotel was ok it was clean but there were stains everywhere. We stayed 2 nights but only ate breakfast once because it wasn't what we wanted. The OJ was out. With all the other hotels around we probably won't stay again even though we got a really good rate. Would not pay full price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
arlington,tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

this was my first time to visit this location check in was good nice view of the horse track if your room is facing the east, casino located 2oo yards breakfast was ok nice staff that works in there the only bad thing was 1 of the 2 elevators was not working will stay here again on my next visit

Room Tip: 4th floor facing the race track is a great view to look at the race track
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Awesome male front desk clerk checked us in on Thursday July 12, 2012. Very clean hotel and very clean, nice and large 2 room suite. The next morning at breakfast I was disappointed. Elevator floors were sticky, tables were sticky (when we finally found a spot to sit) food was empty, orange juice machine was broken....one man was using both waffle machines to make about 8 waffles and caused a huge line so we never got one. This shouldn't be allowed. Our family of 4 usually gets 2 (on one waffle maker) and split it. Hotel staff should not have allowed this.man to do what he did amd ruin it for everyone else. Also, no fruit. Almost everywhere has at least a banana but not here.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs? Share your experiences!