“AMAZING..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Berry Creek Cabins

Berry Creek Cabins
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bogalusa
Berry Creek Cabins
You added Berry Creek Cabins to your Saves list
12101 George Jenkins Road, Bogalusa, LA 70427   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Bogalusa
“AMAZING..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

My friends and I needed a getaway from Loyola, so we sought out for a weekend cabin trip! We were looking for something remote and cozy away from the city and with Berrycreek that is exactly what we got.. We had eight people stay in the Freedom cabin (which was huge). The cabin was beautiful and had a ton of room. We loved Red, the owner's dog! She protected us on our nature trail walk. We passed time by enjoying the nature trail (which is super scary at night - it is pitch black).. and enjoying the hot tub and lounging area! The owner was very friendly and helpful. My friends and I are still talking about the trip and are dying to go back.. Berry Creek is ridiculously affordable and so nice!! My sorority sisters are now having our retreat there, so I will be back soon!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My sister and I recently stayed in one of the cabins. Although wifi is listed as one of the ammenities, we had no connection. Also, we were concerned, and asked why the refundable pet deposit could only be made in cash, as this is not common practice, but were never given a reason, only, "We will mail you back the cash". Having left the cabin cleaner than we found it [toilet scrubbed, dishes done, all surfaces wiped down, bed remade, all trash removed/new bags left, hand-mopped, inside/porch swept], we were disappointed (though not surprised) that we only received a partial refund due to, "additional cleaning of pet hair". -- It would be a far more ethical and honest practice to raise the cabin fee $20/night, than to go the "pet hair" route when guests scour the cabin. We knew something wasn't quite right with the deposit situation, and photographed the cabin before we left.
very bad business practice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cabinguru, Owner at Berry Creek Cabins, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I had a long debate with one of these ladies after she cut and pasted this in a private message on our Facebook page. Fact is there was no mentioned problem with our cash deposit pet policy until we charged a reasonable fee for all the white dog hair on the sofa and bed unseen in these photos. They even signed our pet policy agreement without question while inviting Cindy for coffee.
While our pet policy is strict we are not going to be thwarted like countless other businesses from allowing pets, we will accept that a few will criticize our efforts. I can't agree that penalizing everybody $20 more, including non-pet owners, to allow for others irresponsibility is more ethical? Really? Some places charge a flat rate as much as $75 or more but again where's the incentive or reward for responsible pet owners in this policy? To me it is a way to extort money, which these ladies even suggested because of our cash policy. Since when has cash got such a bad rap? Everybody signs and receives a copy of their deposit/agreement and their refund is decided by 3 different parties. Even though they agreed to our extended priviledge of having their pet along, I assumed the extra cleaning here and gave these ladies their full deposit back after they filed their complaint and before I was given the opportunity to address it. The wifi booster had been unplugged in the cabin and is now hard wired.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

All we wanted was to get out of the city, away from traffic jams, car jacking and homeless people asking me for cigs or 50 cent. what we got was a cute lil rustic cabin in the middle of nowhere. Sure there were places to go tubbing, canoeing and fishing but we went in March and those places were closed. What we got was something even better a hot tub with nothing else around but the birds singing in the distance. It was so relaxing we didnt want to came home. Great place to stay!!

Room Tip: For extra privacy book the lumber Jack or the Creekside Cabins
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

My husband and I wanted to get away from the city with some friends and found this place online. Without much thought we went for it and were pleasantly surprised to find that it was fairly rustic and secluded but close enough to basic necessities that we could run and grab supplies if needed. We stayed in the Creekside cabin, which advertises that it can sleep up to 8. We had 7 people in the cabin and while it was cramped during the short time we were all inside, it worked out fine for a bunch of easy-going folks that just wanted to hang out. The owner is a nice guy that seems to want his guests to have a great time. The cabin in outfitted with pots, pans, fridge, and oven. You'll need towels, sheets, toilet paper, food, and drink but have most of what you need waiting on you. There is a "party deck" on the property that is definitely "country" but again, for an easy-going crowd that wants to play a little ping-pong and have some drinks in the country, this place totally hits the spot. We went in December so we didn't do much outdoors except grill and sit by the bonfire but the place is close to tubing, alligator farms, and my personal favorite, the adorable town of Abita Springs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Biloxi, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in April and loved it! We are from upstate NY (near the Adirondack mountains) and this reminded us of home so much, it was so peaceful. In addition to already being perfect just on the basis of the area and cabins, we got to bring along our 3 dogs. We all enjoyed running around the pond and some of the pups even went for a dip in the pond and they all loved the owners dog. Wanted to write this review in response to the person who rated it poorly...We loved it and plan to go back in a few weeks when my husband gets back from deployment :)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

Loved the cabin. Just what we were needing. Hot tub was great. Friendly atmosphere. Plan to go back soon v

• Stayed July 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011 via mobile

My family went tubing at waynes world then came to the cabins afterwards, I absolutely adored the cabin. We didn't get to meet the owners but our short stay was great. The grounds were charming and cabins were clean and VERY well air conditioned . It has a lot of acomadations with the party deck but you also have privacy. I have stayed at cabins before were the managers/ owners were looking over you shoulder constantly , this is not one of those places... Definately going back. Oh there is the best , most lovable dog that greets you, red !

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Berry Creek Cabins? Share your experiences!